What is your favorite act to quest through?

wielanja

Apr 20, 2010
What is your favorite act to quest through?

My favorite act is definately act 3. Years ago when I played on Bnet I had two buddies that I always quested with and this act gave us by far the most trouble.

That combined with the fact that I lost countless sorcs between lvls 70 and 80 to dolls in the durance of hate gives me a major sense of accomplishment upon Mephisto's demise.

So, what is your favorite act and what makes it stand above the rest for you?

Re: What is your favorite act to quest through?

Act 4, because it stands out in it's 'occult' factor. When I think of Diablo, this is the kind of place I think of. This is what the entire game should've been like (in terms of awesome). The only con is that I think it's too short.

Act 1 is good, but, being the first act, it is played the most often. The caves are... ok-ish, and so are the jails/catacombs, but the latter one get repetitive.
Act 2 is also good, but I don't like the dessert. The tombs are pretty cool though, and so is the Arcane Sanctuary.
Sorry, but I like Act 3 the least. Jungles... not Diablo-ish, methinks.
Act 5 is really good, no lame places. A bit repetitive at times, maybe.

Oh well, just my opinion. ^^

Probably Act II, although in tournaments I came to despise those 7 (!!!!) tombs - takes ages to clear with those restricted builds...

So I guess the answer depends on whether with questing you mean "enjoy the quests" or "clear entire act". If you mean the latter, Act IV would probably be my choice, but as far as quests are concerned, Act II has the best ones, hands down ("Horizon's Urinal...?")

I like Act 4 the most. The town is mysterious, Plains/Despair/City area has a nice dark atmosphere, River of Flame feels like Hell itself and the Chaos Sanctuary feels epic. I still remember the first day I entered it, and I was so thrilled. The music is good and the act feels end-game (mostly due to pre-expansion nostalgia). The rewards are excellent as well so it motivates me to always complete all of its quests. Unfortunately it is too short and NPCs like Jamella and Halbu have no dialogue - kind of a shame, shows Blizzard maybe was in a rush to finally ship the game (I love NPC dialogues specially the class-specific quotes).

Runner up favorite is Act 5.

Least favorite is Act 3, I don't enjoy the jungle setting, and the town has NPCs too spaced out which makes it so annoying to run.

Act 5, because the monster spawns are (semi-) random in NM and Hell, the quest rewards are great, and I like the complex environment :D .

(almost posted in the Sorc design thread voting here 'ports you to, lol)

Act 4 hands-down. Good monster mix, creepy atmosphere, epic conclusion (better end-game than Act 5, IMHO).

Act III because
- I like to explore the jungle, and see how they fit together the parts this time
- the ambience in the jungle
- Act III Sewers is my favourite area in the game (can´t quite put my finger on why)
- The six temples are nasty - often a real test of a character´s abilities and the courage of the player

Have to go with Act IV because it is the only act with that creepy Gothic feeling of the original Diablo. Of the D2esque acts it would be Act II. Like the variety of locations and the music is pretty good in this act. Hate Act III with a passion. Mostly just have issue with the huge expanses of jungle before you hit Lower Kurast. Temple areas and beyond are quite fun.

Act III because I just love it's music. I love to explore the jungle and the temples are small but packed thrill.

Still in love with Act 1.

It's the most simple act in the game, everything is very basic. The map layouts almost never end in wandering around lost. The quests flow smoothly, one at a time. The atmosphere and music are a throwback to both Diablo 1 and generic fantasy genre, in a good way.

I like Act 4 the most since it's got the coolest monsters and the most stylish layout :3
I absolutely despise Act 3. It always takes me forever to navigate the flayer jungle and everything :/ Although late Act III is cool - I like Travincal and the Durance.

Act 4 without a question. I remember pre-LOD days, I FEARED act 4. I was fairly new to gaming, and the spike in monster health from the end of act 3 to the beginning of act 4 was crazy. These days its not as fun, there's no real fear factor because the IM is gone and De Seis lost his Thief ability in like 1.04-ish. In fact, I've been waiting for mattinm to link up the Trenshadow folder for 1.00 so I can play through it again 8)

Least favorite is the beginning of act 3. I hate getting lost in the jungles. Once I hit LK its ok, but the jungle really upsets me, I get lost without fail every single time.

I voted A5. Although the guest monsters can give it more of an annoyance than a fun factor, it really gives the sense of progression and just-need-to-make-it-to-the-next-difficulty that keeps me going, especially during runs needed to make the changeover a lot smoother.

In fact, I've been waiting for mattinm to link up the Trenshadow folder for 1.00 so I can play through it again 8)

Your wish is my command. Check the TrenShadow Guide in my sig.

/OT

I also voted for A4 for the exact same reasons. The act terrified the bejesus out of me when I was younger. It just felt like an appropriate ending to Diablo II. I still view it as a decent challenge and Normal Diablo tends to be one of my most difficult untwinked battles.

I knew there would be a general dislike for act 3, but I'm somewhat surprised there only two other votes so far.

In order or preference for me are acts II, III, IV, I and V.
I just like the desert setting, and the tombs can be really tricky for some chars. Some of the music in act II is awesome too, especially the one with a 5/4 bongo beat, and the one in the palace cellar with the crazy woman's singing.
I also enjoy the labarynthine nature of early act III and the temples. I always skip through the sewers as quickly as possible though.
Act 5 just feels like there is too much ground to cover between quests. I do like the caves though (crystaline, glacial, etc).

I love Act 1, more specifically Act 1 in Normal. I've lost count of the number of characters that I've taken to the death of Andy and then deleted. Sometimes twinked, sometimes untwinked. I've done it without using a single stat or skill point and another time using only cracked items. That's 20 character levels of good clean fun that can be knocked off quickly when heavy MFing or adventuring becomes a drag.

Act4.

Short and very creepy. I also think that it's the one that captures the most D1 style.

And I just love the Pandemonium Fortress!

I just feel that big D could be better, I don't like when he just runs like a dog or something and he's too slow. He should be faster and smarter and his spells should be weaker when confronting weaker chars and stronger when confronting stronger chars.

I also like Act5 a lot.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High