The 1.09 Blender Assassin Revival Project

Re: The 1.09 Blender Assassin Revival Project

Robby:

In cows, does your claw freeze the cows 2-deep? If it does, then it sounds like you've found a very nice replacement for Black.

Is there a quick link to 1.09 monster levels? It would help to set up a few over-leveled rules of thumb.

I'm about to leave NM and go to Hell. I found 2 15% scintillating jewels in NM cow, so my res should be solid.

@Eric Xanthu: I can't test that since I killed the King... I'll have to wait until NM cows (at which point it will be 'Strength' Feral Talons).

Update on progress - took Osterizer back to do some (ridiculously productive) normal XP runs at WSK/Baal (guess what Baal dropped? Give up? ICEBLINK!). Got her to level 51 to allow the nicer ammy to get her NM gear balanced.

No more Orphan's - going with TGod's Vigor (I put it on for the Str and Vit, but the first unique she ran into was... that's right, MSLE! Mwahahahah!), Moser's with a pDiamond and an Eld, those yellow MA skiller IAS gloves, and enough FHR on charms to get that 48 breakpoint.

Well, she mowing through NM Act 1 on P8 (no movement in the experience bar, lol), and the baddies are shattering.

Quick question - just for the XP (after WSK and Baal), she took out Nilly (again, absolutely no comparison to WSK for XP)... what should I name? Bartuc's? She really uses that for BoS/BS/SM casting. 'Stregnth' Greater Talons? That's her main weapon. G-Face?

WSK/Baal? I remember blood runs were the place to go for xp in 1.09. Unless its different for single player.

question.
Do you know if crushing blow still shatters frozen enemies in 1.13? Seems like an amazon could do a lot of pwning with cheap gear if that's the case.

The Bloody Foothills are a big jump in XP from Act 4, but the jump in XP from the rest of Act 5 to WSK/Baal is ridiculous. I'm talking a level per run on P8 in the 40's - and the drop-off in NM Act 1 has been something I've long noticed.

LOL, I am NOT the authority on how things work in 1.13, as I've not actually done any serious playing in the patch. I'm holding out for 1.14 :jig:

That being said, I'm not absolutely sure it's the CB that shatters the monsters in 1.09... I'm not certain how it works - they don't always shatter, but they often do... it's a bit enigmatic (consistent with how buggy the Assassin is in 1.09).

@Eric Xanthu: I can't test that since I killed the King... I'll have to wait until NM cows (at which point it will be 'Strength' Feral Talons).

Update on progress - took Osterizer back to do some (ridiculously productive) normal XP runs at WSK/Baal (guess what Baal dropped? Give up? ICEBLINK!). Got her to level 51 to allow the nicer ammy to get her NM gear balanced.

No more Orphan's - going with TGod's Vigor (I put it on for the Str and Vit, but the first unique she ran into was... that's right, MSLE! Mwahahahah!), Moser's with a pDiamond and an Eld, those yellow MA skiller IAS gloves, and enough FHR on charms to get that 48 breakpoint.

Well, she mowing through NM Act 1 on P8 (no movement in the experience bar, lol), and the baddies are shattering.

Quick question - just for the XP (after WSK and Baal), she took out Nilly (again, absolutely no comparison to WSK for XP)... what should I name? Bartuc's? She really uses that for BoS/BS/SM casting. 'Stregnth' Greater Talons? That's her main weapon. G-Face?

Oh the irony on iceblink and MSLE hehe..

name it CHOP CHOP !!!!!! :)

Robby:

In cows, does your claw freeze the cows 2-deep? If it does, then it sounds like you've found a very nice replacement for Black.

Is there a quick link to 1.09 monster levels? It would help to set up a few over-leveled rules of thumb.

I'm about to leave NM and go to Hell. I found 2 15% scintillating jewels in NM cow, so my res should be solid.

Hey..

When i did cows in Normal it just felt safer with the knout than with a switch. But i cannot say for sure..

So decided to play her a little. Defeated NM baal . She is now 65.

Did a cows run and was popping nicely :)..

Tested claw vs knout and it feels like the knout gives abit more chills. But i think claw should work. Though shield is neccesary and SS defintely will be welcome as said previously.

I'm tackling Hell Act 1 at level 71. Rescued Cain so far, and it's definitely a big step up in difficulty. I'm not cruising through everything anymore--I don't even get freeze advantage anymore. I think I'll drop the p-setting down from 8 to 3 or 1.

I have a ton of points saved up and I'm debating between TS and one of the kick-finishers so that I can deliver my charges a little better.

Well, I have the Black Knout in her stash if it's needed, and I'll make a Black Scourge just in case as well. In the meantime, if I need more firepower, dual Bartuc's on switch seems to do the job. I'm still hoping a Natalya's Mark drops for one of my MFers.

@Eric Xanthu - Early Hell is about level 70-75 in my experience. If you run some NM WSK, that should get you back in the shatter zone pretty quickly.

Well, I have the Black Knout in her stash if it's needed, and I'll make a Black Scourge just in case as well. In the meantime, if I need more firepower, dual Bartuc's on switch seems to do the job. I'm still hoping a Natalya's Mark drops for one of my MFers.

@Eric Xanthu - Early Hell is about level 70-75 in my experience. If you run some NM WSK, that should get you back in the shatter zone pretty quickly.

A thing to remember is that scourge has alot more durability aswell :)..So the repairs are not as annoying..

I have nataylas full set i just remembered (claw racked in 1.07) hmm maybe i should bring it forward. Will make leveling with dual claws easier in NM perhaps...

Eric: I also have alot of points saved (stats included). I think Robbys idea of leveling more in NM is a god one. Atleast to 73 is my plan as i can then equip SS which makes it all easier.

No kidding about repairs!!!! Greater Talons have some pretty high durability (69), but I'm repairing those things all the freaking time! Does Blade Shield impact durability? It seems like she goes through durability significantly faster than a frenzy Barb.

Glad I made 'Strength' in some plain claws - at least the repairs are fairly cheap.

BTW, well into NM Act 1 - jail level 1 - all P8, and not even close to level 52. The going is easy, though.

No kidding about repairs!!!! Greater Talons have some pretty high durability (69), but I'm repairing those things all the freaking time! Does Blade Shield impact durability? It seems like she goes through durability significantly faster than a frenzy Barb.

Glad I made 'Strength' in some plain claws - at least the repairs are fairly cheap.

BTW, well into NM Act 1 - jail level 1 - all P8, and not even close to level 52. The going is easy, though.

Yeah its blade shield that is the culprit...

Hurry up! :) i am lvl68 now. Leveling is kinda boring at the moment..

My idea of using nats claw to level was not the brightest since the level req is 79:whistling:

OK, OK, I'm working on it, but her stash fills up so fast, it's hard for me to get too far before it's full, and then, instead of spending the time to mule off her stash, I run some MF Runs with the Barb and Zon, Cows with the Sorc, and BAM, it nighty night time.

I DO LOVE that stacked CB - she takes down tough uniques on P8 fast with just a 'Strength' runeword.

Heh heh - I guess you level TO USE Nat's Mark. But if you want to Blend cows, you will need to get over 90, so Nat's might actually serve that purpose. Is it the same as 1.09, or is it like the Chop-Chop (my all time favorite 1.07 item) with way different attributes?

So, sounds like you have some ridiculous 1.07 wealth - do you have a Lightsabre Elegant Blade?

:) the Nats claw are the same as in 1.09. Checked though to be sure.

Most sets in 1.07 are the same. I have racked tals etc. Not all set items are rackable though. Tals orb is not (lucky i found it in 1.09 then hihi). So i have full tals in 1.09 if i want.

Yeah i played 1.07 for a long time. I have not racked lightsabre though. Did try for a while though. I have racked the most wanted stuff except for a few (uniq grim helm, grandfather,uniq decapitatior for ex).

1.07 is really fun but so is 1.09 and 1.13 :)..Just found my second Ber last night so that means infinity time for me so i will play 1.09 and 1.13 back and forth. I will only go back to 1.07 to rack runeword bases or get nice damage charms i think.

Well, I'm jealous. I've been running Baal, Pindle, Frozenstein and Snapchip Shatter for Nat's Mark and WF for months now - I've gotten 3 Taebek's Glories in the process.

The Sorc has snagged 2 Cow King's Horns (and Naj's Light Plate, Trang Oul's Guise, and Baranar's Star) from cows as well, but my real goal with her is to get her to level 99 for some 1.10s HF collections.

What's so good about 1.07 Hellslayer?

Yeah when you want to find you dont heh. I have never found WF myself (my brother has two)..

1.07 hellslayer gives you 2 vit per level but little less damage that the 1.09 one so its only if you want todo some vit build. have you read the 1.07 guide btw?
It lists most of the best stuff. There is an addendum that lists more stuff amongs Coldsteel Eye unique cutlass – has 50% Crushing Blow instead of Deadly strike. I was considering
that for the blender until i saw that the range was 0 heh..but it still might work (i dont have it unfortanely so i cant test.)

Btw why do you want to level to 99 for Rune collection in 1.10s? Any thing i have missed here :)? One goal for me is to do some beta runewords and possibly try for
bul kathos wb

I picked up an extra level (72) and moved back to Hell--it was going to take a little too long for my taste to make 73. Freezing is pretty solid and I use PS to keep the heat off my merc. I'm hitting the jail and burning my way to Andariel tomorrow. Hopefully I can keep my resists stable when I switch to SS.

Yeah leveling is slow. i am 71 amd half way to 72. But overleving is the way to go with this build . It just feels like damage is much higher all of a sudden and its not just because of the pops.

Did you feel the same way Eric?

Btw why do you want to level to 99 for Rune collection in 1.10s? Any thing i have missed here :)? One goal for me is to do some beta runewords and possibly try for
bul kathos wb

Because it will be awesome to have a level 99 MeteOrb in 1.10+, and the only way that's gonna happen is to get her there in 1.09.

I'm sure you know this but you need 1.10a for BKWB, and 1.10s for CtA you can bring forward.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High