The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

Re: The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

And once again,Ankeli manages to kill as many pro-town as anti-town;) but he comes thru in the end, cheers:guiness:

Not only that, Ankeli killed more townies than the wraith did. :shocked:

We thought gory mighta been carter but never could focus cause of other threats.
I admit to having a secret desire to turn into RepliCarter. Oh what fun that would have been.

That was the whole idea Goryani, have most of the roles depend on others. And for all who have watched SG-1, every time, it's up to Carter to save the day.
Now, to answer your questions:
1. Yes, Ankelis gun was taken away after all the Wraith were dead. The idea to do this came to me right after Falcon died. I had to take it away else he would have caused even more harm with his rampage for Wraith enzyme.
2. The ED mentioned on night 3 was just for flavor. The one that followed was the only one that had any effect.
3. Adria started out as neutral. After Tomin would ascend, they would form yet another mafia group with killing abilities. After Adria ascended, Orphan turned into a prior aligned as an anti town serial killer.
4. Apart from me and Gorny, no one knew about the Lemon weakness.
5. He did investigate him but he got no result back. My guess is that Feysal took a leap of faith about Ankeli and got it right.
6. Yes, they could talk during the night.
7. Considering that in one episode Adria ascends, I made it look like it in the death story. Then I told Gorny what I did and asked him to come up with a role that would resurrect Orphan. Thus the Prior was born. It was not premeditated.

Regarding ascension, only townie humans could ascend and Tomin. And the only thing that would happen is they would turn into ghost like creatures, being able to talk during both day and nights, but unable to vote and be counted toward the votes needed for a lynch. Nothing too spectacular about ascended beings here, but it would still have been fun.

I had considered targeting Zarniwoop for ascention night one. Would he have ended up with the prior abilities, just ascention or something else? So was the Prior the unused role or was it something else?

Since you just posted...
3. Adria started out as neutral. After Tomin would ascend, they would form yet another mafia group with killing abilities.
Would Tomin have been lynchable as an ascended ori or would the ark of truth been the only way to stop him once ascended? I was thinking it would be mostly safe to try randomly ascending someone night one. I did consider the possibility of the ascendee being anti-town, but didn't think it could be as bad as someone gaining a NK in a special circumstance.

I was really wondering how Orphan had ascended until he roleclaimed Adria. When the sickness deaths started to show up, I was pretty sure it was an Ori plague.

Bad Ash do you mean Feysal was outraged?, I'm only seeing a recruitment attempt versus Sathoris. I'm surprised you guys managed 3 recruitments with only a 25% chance and on top of that they had to be human too.

Many thanks to TC and Gorny for hosting the game. I had a blast.

Thoughts:
I'd be afraid to be a lurker anytime soon. Every time someone was accused of being a lurker, they were found to be an anti-town when lynched.

Feysal sure knows how to investigate. Feysal also managed to evade Orphan's Prior plague without the trigger phrase being known at that time. Lucky hunches or omniscience?

The town could have benefited from making a bargain with the wraiths in return for information that Tomin died night 1. Not that they would have cooperated. Not that a suitable bargain could be reached. Not that we would have believed the wraiths. Just pointing out that such truthful information could have helped the town.

The wraiths couldn't target correctly to save their lives. Their targets were blocked or doc saved or immune to feeding most of the time. The wraith feeding seems like a red herring. Feeding looks like it would have worked against only ~50% the town while providing protection from 5% of the town. They would have been better off just killing their nighttime targets rather than try to feed. It would have made a COMPLETELY different game without Sathoris night 1 and Noodle night 2.

Recruitment transferring from Bad Ash to Noodle was a nice twist. I'm not sure if that was an ability given to Fifth or just one of the events. It sure made finding the recruiter more difficult. Sathoris was suspected and lynched because of this twist.

Was anyone aware that saying Lemons to McKay would remove his treestump protection?

Game Balance:
At first I thought the wraiths were underpowered, but since "immune to wraith feeding" isn't the same as "immune to wraith" I guess they had a chance after all. Well, maybe not. I see now that only 1 wraith had the opportunity to kill as well as feed. In the future, I think all wraith should have those choices. It would have been a massively different game.

My own role PM contained ultra powerful information as well. Knowing of replicators and Ori and recruitment and Fifth and Tomin, combined with the day/night stories allowed me to utilize the ARG to maximum effect. I *almost* give my role name out along with my knowledge when I was almost lynched. I never did because I was afraid that Fifth was specifically looking for me, which he was.

I can't tell if the replicators are overpowered or underpowered.
Overpowered:
recruiter can pass to another replicator
immunity to all but one wraith
resistance to Aiden Ford
replicators might not be known unless Carter spills the beans
gain a night kill ability if they recruit Carter

Underpowered:
25% chance at recruitment
50%/25% chance for Bra'tac to unrecruit a recruit
Carter can neutralize the replicators

The Wraith didn't kill Tomin though, Ankeli did. I also agree there was an almost negligible benefit for the wraiths to feed on their targets.

You were also saved by Boogyman, assuming roleblocking blocks recruitment. Which makes a mis-lynch on day 2 their only other opportunity. Of course in that instance they would have lost their chance at gaining a NK.

I didn't have any idea about the lemons phrase with regards to McKay.

How were the replicators immune to the wraith? I'm seeing the replicators as pretty close to a balanced cult. I guess I might have given them a 33% recruiting chance if Bra'Tac's ability was automatically passively used to reverse the recruitment. A chance more than that might have made them to powerful, given that they have a chance to gain a NK and that there was no story mention of them.

Tomin was the only one that had a special ascension. He would turn into an Ori and act the same way as you did Uraj. Ascended being in a human form and able to be lynched. The ark would have made him kill Adria and turn into a neutral role with no other powers.
The Prior, as mentioned, was a brain fart from Gorny after I asked him to come up with a role for Orphan to resurrect in. And since Tomin was no more, the SK was the best idea.

Also, the feeding process was there to take advantage of the Wraiths greed for feeding on humans. It had PurpleGirl as a trap for them. If you ask me, the risks outweighed the benefits in this case. Since only Ankeli and Laarz could kill them during the night.

Ohhh it's over! Wow this game lasted for a LONG time. :D

Kinda bummed the Wraith was taken out so early, but as you say TC, our lust for humans resulted in a few failed kill attempts. Although we did get Thyiad. Also I remember saying she was alien, which I knew because we tried the feed ability, and it failed. >_>

bahaha :D I told you Loki was pro-town. You silly townies didn't want to believe me :crazyeyes:

Thanks for the game TC and Gorny :) I'm not too good at playing these, but I do what I can >.>

Greetings from Estonia, I've just returned from a week of touring prehistoric forts and medieval architecture. It's a beautiful country, but some drivers should pay more attention to traffic rules and their sense of self-preservation. But that is a story for another time... I'm amazed the game only just ended, I thought the signups for the next would be closing by now.

Feysal sure knows how to investigate. Feysal also managed to evade Orphan's Prior plague without the trigger phrase being known at that time. Lucky hunches or omniscience?

No hunches, I had my reasons for every person I targeted. korialstraz because I knew he would be around long enough for me to figure out my sanity (probability had it he would be pro-town, and the anti-town read reinforced my belief that I was insane), Sathoris for his willingness to lynch Uraj after his role claim, Noodle for not voting Goryani despite being online at the time (I'd checked his profile page as the day was ending, and I knew he had visited the game thread), FalconGK because of his many interactions and the information they would give the town, and finally Ankeli because I was worried he might have made up his story with the other Wraiths.

Without Laarz blocking me, I would have provided three anti-town reads. But, I have to wonder... I was already inclined to believe I was insane, and if my three first results were all anti-town, would I have believed it? It was only coincidence that my successes matched with Goryani, and I concluded my sanity correctly, but for the wrong reasons.

Did Feysal investigate Ankeli or was he bluffing? In other words, did replicator recruits keep their old abilities?

Like TC already said, I did investigate Ankeli. But, he did give me a result, although indirectly. After talking to Bad Ash and Noodle, I knew the replicators were not responsible for the kill attempt on me the previous night. That told me there had to be one more killing anti-town role, and if Ankeli had been anti-town, he'd have been a fourth separate anti-town faction. That was too many, so I concluded Ankeli was pro-town. It was no leap of faith, I was certain, though again for the wrong reasons, since apparently the attack on me was actually korialstraz's revenge action, but I couldn't have known that.

Bad Ash do you mean Feysal was outraged?

I don't know how Noodle reacted, but I was certainly displeased. I despise cults. I even told TC that I refused to share in any cult victory, and at the time I did not know about the 25% recruit chance or about the ARG, it looked like the cult indeed would win. I played my part, but I'd have betrayed the cult immediately if Goryani had claimed the ability to redeem replicators. I also had a secret motive for confirming Ankeli's role. I told the other replicators I would not lie about Ankeli because that would expose me, but I actually wanted to keep Ankeli alive hoping he would shoot either Bad Ash or Noodle. I was disappointed that his gun was taken away, I really wanted to see Noodle dead the next night.

For future games, I'll give fair warning: you will screw with my win condition at your own peril. If I am recruited, I will be looking for opportunities to stab the cult in the back.

It all comes down to Carter. Whether or not replicators get to Carter before Carter gets to the replicators determines who will win. I like that all sides have a chance to win, but it seems the replicator win% is too strongly correlated with Carter's outcome.

Agree on this. The cult seemed seriously overpowered to me (I did not know about the 25% chance until the end of game, mind you), and giving them even more power by recruiting Carter was just too horrible to imagine. I hate the idea of a single player being the key to everything, too much depended on Goryani here. Good thing we did not lynch him.

Finally, I've got a couple questions of my own:

@Goryani: What was that redemption thing about? Did you make that up, and if yes, to what end?

@Anyone: Can someone explain to me how I ended up in the infirmary for two nights running? I get the first time, korialstraz tried to kill me and Sathoris apparently saved me. I don't get the second time. Zarniwoop was blocked. Orphan infected me, but there was never mention of that in other story posts. No one else targeted me. Why was I injured?

First off Feysal, you should play the role you are given, no matter if you like it or not. You sign up to these games for this. I doubt any mod would like it if you would betray your comrades just because you don't like the role.
Secondly, the reason why you were in the infirmary the second time, was because of Orphan.

@Goryani: What was that redemption thing about? Did you make that up, and if yes, to what end?

I was told I had the Ark of Truth. I was told I had to find Tomin and give it to him. I wasn't told what would happen if I did find Tomin and give him the Ark. The Stargate story line has Tomin turning against the Ori and helping SGC after he was shown the truth about the Ori, so I went with that. The redemption idea was an educated guess I felt comfortable with.

The redemption idea had multiple goals.
1. I didn't expect it, but I would have been happy with getting some information from the wraiths.
2. The town would have NEVER believed a full role claim confession from Carter. I had to get the information out bit by bit. The new piece of information: I was looking for specifically named baddies, not just baddies in general.
3. If anyone managed to learn the role names of Fifth and Tomin, I wanted them eager to share that information.
4. There is a chance the redemption idea might spur Fifth or Tomin to reveal a little too much information if they pressed me for more details.
5. I didn't want Fifth thinking I was a replicator hunter similar to the wraith hunter. For all I knew, Fifth might have known to be aware of an ARG.
6. I tried to lay the foundation for getting additional information from a cornered Replicator or Ori. I especially wanted to know the win condition of the Ori.

and they only won because I chose to help Flip instead of Orphan

Thanks Ankeli for staying true to your word and sticking with the town for the win! :thumbup:

I figured if you went the other way this would have been a "dead draw" and the game would never have ended? Unless I wasn't actually "immune" to Orphan's poison or either of you figured out my kill word (which I had no clue of). I would NEVER say Orphan's win phrase soooo........

I wanted to "off" Orphan fairly early but nobody bit on it so I went with the flow (Sorry Sath) Just like Boogy said - I also aren't too good at these games!

I will say participation really suxored in this game? (and I was guilty too) but mostly cuz there wasn't much interaction cept for a few main players. :scratchchin:

Gotta bow out of the next - you can't believe how PO'd I am that work closed the door to this forum!

Flip, the game would have ended with Orphans win if Ankeli would have lynched himself.

First off Feysal, you should play the role you are given, no matter if you like it or not. You sign up to these games for this. I doubt any mod would like it if you would betray your comrades just because you don't like the role.

I know this. I did play my part, for as long as it lasted. I would have helped Bad Ash and Noodle win, but I would have refused to share in the victory.

Thing is, I know there are real mafia roles that can redeem converted players, and if such a role is provided by the mod, I don't see any problem in making use of it to switch sides. I believed Goryani could redeem players, and had he claimed being able to redeem replicators, I would have jumped at the chance.

Interesting premise, TC & Gorny. I did enjoy the stories when they were posted.

Looks like I did suspect quite a few of the bad guys. :D

Thanks for hosting.

The only stories worth enjoying were Gornies and the one Miss Leo made for me that was used for the start of the game.

Being killed night one sucks when the game goes for 3 months.

That was one grueling game.

Glad everyone had fun, sorry to say I did not put much time into it as I wanted to ...

Most of the stories I posted were either directly from the series, or a mix thereof.

Anyways to TC, please don't tell me not to spam the thread when the game is not over when you're doing the same thing. The WWI comments were not exactly on topic nor did they have anything to do with the game.

That said, I'm taking a break from mafia games for a while...

I enjoyed watching the game, but I had a problem with a couple of the roles. Loki I can kind've see being Neutral, but Adria should never be any sort of Neutral. If I had been playing, as soon as Orphan roleclaimed Adria, I would not have rested until Orphan was dead (twice, thanks to the ascension). She was one serious badass in the series. Also, one of the stories referenced the wormhole episode (seemingly no relevance to anything?) and Maybourne, which I thought might be significant. I would've liked to see Maybourne as a bit more of a rogue role, as he is only ever pro-Maybourne.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High