Best Starter MFer

Khronikx

Aug 2, 2010
Best Starter MFer

Whats the best starter MFer in 1.13?
Ive always done pure light sorc w/o infinity until I was able to afford it

This time I tried CL/FO, didnt work too well, CL is gimped without being full light, respecced to full light..

Looking to try sumthing a little easier, but not a summon necro.

Re: Best Starter MFer

The best is a simple meteorb or similar fire/cold hybrid (they come in so many varieties). Try to find a guide in the sorcerers forum.

You can use this to run many different target and not worry about immunities. It's flexibility and the fact that you can make it good with cheap gear is why they are one of the best to start with.

After that, there are many options. One forinstance a summoner, although amazons or other sorceres, hammers etc. are all good too.

I dont really like hybrid sorcs, and there seem to be alot of fire/cold immunes which is why i decided to first try a CL/FO sorc but it did not do enough damage for my liking....

i just remembered that when you get infinity on a pure light sorc's merc (what i used in the past) your having to mana pot constantly because you no longer can use infinity.

these leaves me thinking HDin's prob the best mfer once you have enigma?

the best is one you like to play... and play and play.

the best is one you like to play... and play and play.

lawl.. this is not WoW, and being D2 not Wow...

there are "best classes" when it comes to certain things

ive had this game since release played on and off, at that point there are no "favorites" to play, theyre all the same when you get to the end of it

but anyway ive MF'd enough to get a easy mode HDin geared so thread closed

there are "best classes" when it comes to certain things

First, I completely agree with cdm. Playing a class you don't like will only you drive you crazy. Time spend a fun character is good, time spend on a character that is boring as hell will isn't fun.

And even assuming that all classes are equally fun for you, there often isn't something like the ideal class. For many situation, there are more builds that have comparable results and within those builds there are even slight difference based on preferences.

but anyway ive MF'd enough to get a easy mode HDin geared so thread closed

Good for you. Hope you like to play hammerdins, else I'm sure we'll see you back soon.

Khrinikx you seem to be pretty biased and already had your mind made up in the begining so I don't know why you even bother posting if you're going to to argue advice from basically two of the biggest pros on these forums. I completely agree, fire/cold rules the startup mf sector period. BTW, no one ever mentionned wow, but the fact that you did and "closed the thread" with hdin as your conclusion clears everything up...

haha i may be new to 1.13..... but ive had plenty years of experience with this outdate game since the release..

fire/cold sorc is a very common starter, which I personally have found CL/Orb just as good if your clearing areas rather than only single boss targeting
AKA andy/meph runs vs tunnels and more

I personally prefer pure light as the damage is untouchable by any other sorc and the speed is worth it..
Only thinking about Hdin because they were and probably still are one of the easiest builds to run "EVERYTHING"
AND
for pure light your Merc needs infinity unless you wield it yourself which I do not see so much as a PvM/MF build but rather a PvP sorc. you would be potting left and right all day long

i mentioned WoW, because I have never heard anyone in D2 say the best class is the one you like to play best... in WoW there is no such thing as a best class, its based on your skill
with the exception of pallys where you can roll ur face across your keyboard and still be good
aka blizz is infatuated with pallys

in D2 if you have the gear it doesnt really matter what class you are in order to smash a couple hotkeys and click away.... and if ur pally even easier.. once again blizz loves pallys

Last edited:

Blizzsorc can wear 600-700 mf and still keep high killing speed. And blizzard is great for ancient tunnels, pindleskin, mephisto and baalruns.

like i said.. new to 1.13 thought maybe blizz balanced some **** out guess not

Whats the best starter MFer in 1.13?
Ive always done pure light sorc w/o infinity until I was able to afford it

This time I tried CL/FO, didnt work too well, CL is gimped without being full light, respecced to full light..

Looking to try sumthing a little easier, but not a summon necro.

It's always funny when people answer their own questions with their own bias.

But then again, perhaps its human nature to look for others to agree with you.

Pure lite without readily available infinity runs into way too many immunities for my taste. Hdins are horrible in confined spaces and I always found it irritating to have to telestomp when the rest of my builds fired in straight lines.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High