Adria - Inventory Management System

Re: Adria - Inventory Management System

Indeed, iirc we changed it to -10k instead of -5k but maybe that wasn't enough.

It didn't move any more to the left, so I'm guessing a bigger value there won't help. It is always at the same place vertically, even if I have Adria open on my left monitor. Perhaps you could try moving it another direction, or alter how you hide it (no longer always on top and grabbing focus when you mouseover it).

Oh my. I failed very badly yesterday. I spent 5 hours catalogging my mules (7 of them) with adria, and failed to save the whole database.

:banghead:

Oh my. I failed very badly yesterday. I spent 5 hours catalogging my mules (7 of them) with adria, and failed to save the whole database.

:banghead:
It should autosave the items as you're adding them, have you checked the data folder for .chr and .acc files? They're just text files with an alternative file extension so you can open them in notepad to check on their contents.

It should be possible, we would have edit the item storage to contain the "date added" field, but it can be made backwards compatible.

Thanks for suggestion.

A small update made. Fixed an issue where an abbreviation could be applied incorrectly in the tradelist printer.

Thanks to simpe for pointing it out.

To all who have used Adria to print a tradelist, please update. Without the update the tradelist printer may use the default abbreviation for "ethearal and socketed items" on items that are only socketed (not eth).

Last edited:

Hi, I love the program but I have one problem with it. Is there any way to prevent the overlay window from taking over all text input? When I have the program open I can't type in my web browser, or in chat windows, or in game, or anywhere because the program forces all text to go to it. This is really annoying when I have the program open while I do trades and have to close/reopen it every time I do a new trade because I can't type with it open.

I am on Windows 7 64 bit, I have tried reinstalling several times, I run as admin, I have tried all compatibility modes except Windows 2000 and older. I read through the readmes and couldn't find any help for this issue.

Edit: I also have a dual monitor setup and there's some other weird things going on too but I think they are related... There's a window that seems random on my second monitor, I can't interact with it or anything but when I start hovering over it everything starts going nuts (the overlay window starts shifting around a lot).

I'm not quite sure I understand you. As adria works F12 is supposed to act as a toggle key to allow you to switch from making it intercept and use the keyboard input, or letting it pass on to the next program. This toggle key is also linked to if the ingame window is to be visible or not.

Is this somehow not working for you? Or do you for some reason wish to type things into another program while the ingame window is visible?

Yeah, we'll have to have a look at a solution for users of dual monitors, as the ingame window seams to move to the second monitor when it is supposed to be off screen. (aka position 10k pixels towards the left)

If you do wish to type into another program while the adria ingame window is on, then the question is how adria can know if the keyboard input is meant for it or not.

I'm not quite sure I understand you. As adria works F12 is supposed to act as a toggle key to allow you to switch from making it intercept and use the keyboard input, or letting it pass on to the next program. This toggle key is also linked to if the ingame window is to be visible or not.

I think the problem is that it seems to toggle randomly for me, and when it toggles randomly it can't be turned off... It's hard to explain but say I open the program while idling with the game open but minimized (doing trades). I'll be able to type with Adria + D2 open for some amount of time but after any random amount of time it seems like anywhere between 10 and 15 minutes it'll toggle itself on permanently until I close the program.

I think it might also be worth noting that when I toggle it on manually, I can turn it back off but after that F12 does nothing, if I want to turn it back on again I have to restart the program.

Sounds like a problem that is to specific to your system for me to easily figure out what it could be. I don't own a copy of win7 and cannot help directly with OS related issues for it. I do however know that several other people in this thread have it working on win7, your best bet is to contact those users (search this thread for posts mentioning windows 7).

It could be other programs and not the OS, but I cannot guess which ones could be causing it even if you did mentioned what you have running.

I have been trying to come up with better solutions for the ingame window and the overall activation of the OCR engine, but found no really practical methods one could use.

Sounds like a problem that is to specific to your system for me to easily figure out what it could be. I don't own a copy of win7 and cannot help directly with OS related issues for it. I do however know that several other people in this thread have it working on win7, your best bet is to contact those users (search this thread for posts mentioning windows 7).

It could be other programs and not the OS, but I cannot guess which ones could be causing it even if you did mentioned what you have running.

I have been trying to come up with better solutions for the ingame window and the overall activation of the OCR engine, but found no really practical methods one could use.

Well thank you for trying. :)

I think the problem is that it seems to toggle randomly for me, and when it toggles randomly it can't be turned off... It's hard to explain but say I open the program while idling with the game open but minimized (doing trades). I'll be able to type with Adria + D2 open for some amount of time but after any random amount of time it seems like anywhere between 10 and 15 minutes it'll toggle itself on permanently until I close the program.

I think it might also be worth noting that when I toggle it on manually, I can turn it back off but after that F12 does nothing, if I want to turn it back on again I have to restart the program.

Try to avoid mousing over it. I have no issues with random keyboard takeovers unless I mouseover the boxes on my second monitor. When I do mouseover it, I can get my keyboard back after hitting F12 after making sure the mouse is still not hovering over it.

BTW, when might this be resolved?

Try to avoid mousing over it. I have no issues with random keyboard takeovers unless I mouseover the boxes on my second monitor. When I do mouseover it, I can get my keyboard back after hitting F12 after making sure the mouse is still not hovering over it.

BTW, when might this be resolved?
The biggest problem is that I don't have a dual screen setup nor windows 7. If I had a volunteer that would test the code as soon as I've written it that would help. :whistling:

The biggest problem is that I don't have a dual screen setup nor windows 7. If I had a volunteer that would test the code as soon as I've written it that would help. :whistling:

I can help out :)
I'll be sure to save room in my inbox.

I can help out :)
I'll be sure to save room in my inbox.
Sound good, PM sent :wink:

Edit: new version is to be uploaded, but the size exceeds my upload quota (which is now lower then it was before).
ETA: when I've got it all sorted out

Last edited:

Although we've done so before when we had problems I feel like we should be using the attach to post, it is what the diablo files forum is for after all, not just linking to external hosts.

I know it will get sorted out, will just take some time.

Still, thanks for your offer to help simpe.

i'm extremely interested now, can't wait to see it at work. If you need an alternate dl location, i can host it as wel on my website. :thumbup:

New version available
a lot of fixes so read the help and readme file

just for your info:
* the annoying errors regarding messed up letters (I), Toulge etc etc) were fixed in the engine itself and they don't require any editing for other files/settings
* trade list creation was completely rewritten
* support for some small items (1 line items) was added (keys, organs, essences, token)
* a little better support for unid items
* various bugs regarding drag/drop

easy-share link

rapidshare link

This is a release candidate version so please report any problems that you encounter.

Last edited:

Justaplayer's post now contains temporary download links, they'll have to do until we've gotten the upload problem resolved.

As for adria guides, well ... not doing too good.

I hope we can somehow make instructional videos instead, but video recording and editing isn't my specialties ...

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High