The Disappointments Thread

Re: The Disappointments Thread

Did my first really expensive runeword on this ladder today. (Ok I did Fortitude earlier but it's cheaper than this one.) Ohm+Jah+Lem+Eld on +3 skills Grand Matron Bow. I was feeling lucky as the day has been nice to me. Result: Level 12 Fanaticism and +1 All Skills. I feel cheated since I can't now squeeze that last break point :doh:

(Though it's not the end of my world. Faith rocks anyway. I don't do PvP. Strafe is my primary skill. Multishot is just for wide area cleaning. On top of all that I'm now able to actually get some resistances since I can switch 30% IAS into something else!!)

Early ladder I had like 4 HRs drop in like 2 weeks then the next months highest Iv gotten is a Mal.Seems really odd that Im now getting less runes drop than previous ladders seems like a very long period of bad luck.

My first CTA just made minutes ago:

2djt2l5.jpg

Ouch :p ive only rolled 3 runewords this ladder, 2 enigmas and a CTA, havent been extremely lucky tho i cant really complain, all 3 had been middle of the road stats, 3-3-2 CTA, and some 76X enigmas, planning on making a hoto soon, Wouldnt care if it was 30 as its personal use, but id love to roll a 37+ so i can resell for a lesser hoto + runes. Heres hoping!

Hell Countess, trekking through my strafezon untwinked. I was hoping to get some decent runes, stupid ***** gave me 1 ELD rune!!!!

Ouch :p ive only rolled 3 runewords this ladder, 2 enigmas and a CTA, havent been extremely lucky tho i cant really complain, all 3 had been middle of the road stats, 3-3-2 CTA, and some 76X enigmas, planning on making a hoto soon, Wouldnt care if it was 30 as its personal use, but id love to roll a 37+ so i can resell for a lesser hoto + runes. Heres hoping!
You checked the CtA stats on a non-barb, right? :scratchchin:

There are no bad Enigmas, only those with extremely good rolls and all the rest.

I just bought a Ber for 14 ists, and then when I want to put it in my stash I accidently put it in a 2sox bone visage! :(

I always fear doing this. In my stash I always store runes and gems on the top and OS equipment on the bottom and keep them away from each other as I shuffle stuff around.

@simpe i feel your pain, it's the thing everyone does once, then does something like occy says above and set up some system where it can never ever ever happen again.

I have seperate socketables / runes mules and for any expensive RW i want to make, i assemble the parts (runes and os item) on seperate chars, then mule them to the char that will make the RW once i have cleared said chars inv of anything that might feck it up.

My RW "fail" was a Grief made with a pgem i misclicked :/, the only saving grace was i wasted the Lo, but the pgem replaced the Mal, so i saved about 1/3 of the waste - back when 1 hr = 2 Ist.

So I was leveling my amazon in chaos the other day, and a SoJ counter started to go, I log on and get back on with my zerker barb and everyone left minus some level 65 druid and a 80 mage. Diablo walks and I spawn him where Eldritch is in Act 5 and get him down, Jump in a WP to the flayer jungle in Act3 and drop my anni a few teleports away, go back and kill DClone and pick it up. Turns out it was a 19/12/8 so I went to act 2 in the sewers and dropped it, went back and got my own anni back. Logged out and came back with my zon. Go to the sewers and pick up my new anni =D big smiley face.

Saved and left. Few mins later I log into a game and get failed to join and kicked off b-net. Renew my IP address and log back in, go to a chaos game to level and no more anni ;_;

sad day

I cba with a screenie, but i finally farmed a 3*3 keyset, got the organs and headed off to UT. The result - an 11-10 ama torch :(.

still i managed to trade shed loads of Tokens to some dude on bnet that wanted 70+ of them for some odd reason, so more than happy with my nights "work".

I tried to socket a Grand Matron Bow with +3 to bows/xbows with the cube hoping for 3 or 4 sockets...

So, anyone want a 1os GMB with +3 to bows?

Why did the recipe not work and What do you mean ladder only?

Here is my rare disapointment #2. I guess the reason these almost awesome rares bum me out, is I have had two goals this ladder. #1: To find the SEXIEST white wand base imaginable, and #2: To find rare equipment that can compete with uniques and runewords. Last night, I found this crystal sword:

v3zlo9.jpg

If that had some decent enhanced damage instead of knockback, this could of been such a rare weapon when I upgraded it, since I don't believe phase blades can spawn as ethereal as they have no durability, but this one could of been eth and indestructible, without the need for a zod! Oh well, I'm going to keep looking :(

For a blade skills sin KB for ED well, that's not such a bad thing at that level anyhow.
don't upgrade though it would take 2, find a Dimension blade.

Yesterday I crafted two amulets, both came out +1 assasin with ****ty mods, today I find a martial arts/35life grand charm in pit level 2 and after I killed Baal I crafted this:
screenshot006taa.jpg

I dont play assasins I tell you.

- D.J.

Ouch at that roll dj, just a smidge more luck and that would have been Godly McGodly from Godland.

I tried to cube a long staff hoping for two sockets (three is max so no point going to Larzuk) for the Leaf rune word and ended up with with a three socket long staff with +3 Enchant/+3 Fire mastery.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High