Is Faith the only PvP bow out there?

eatenbyrobots

May 14, 2010
Is Faith the only PvP bow out there?

Considering that a VERY powerful rare bow costs something equiv. of 4600 hrs, is Faith the only bow viable for PvP or is there something else that could work if given imagination?

I have a CtA bow but I can only hit the 9 frame breakpoint. An Ice has too low of damage. The only options I could see might be the Windforce with a Shael, a 45IAS helmet, 20IAS gloves and 160/60 armor. This doesn't give the damage of a forty, but I'd at least hit the 8 frame break point. Could an upped Witchy work somehow?

I'm only avoiding a Faith for style points, to be honest. I just want to figure out an alternative that isn't cookie-cutter. Its much more fun to duel and go through the win/loss growth and improvement process when you're trying new things.

Re: Is Faith the only PvP bow out there?

I'm probably the last person on earth who should be giving advice about a PvP Bowzon, but just from pure intuition, 8 fpa pewpews aren't essential, you can go 9 fpa Windforce and 'Fortitude' and get away with it. I also wouldn't touch WWS in a PvP environment with a 10 foot pole, I'd take 9 fpa Windy or even Goldstrike Arch over WWS in an instant.

Have a hammerdin buddy(or second cd key char) sit at the gate with faith or beast and conc aura on... that will make windforce very strong!

I have actually been thinking about making a CTA bow myself. Look at what it has

+1 To All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
+250-290% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+2-6 To Battle Command (varies)*
+1-6 To Battle Orders (varies)*
+1-4 To Battle Cry (varies)*
Prevent Monster Heal
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

These are some nice mods. Has anybody used CTA in PVP?

I'm probably the last person on earth who should be giving advice about a PvP Bowzon, but just from pure intuition, 8 fpa pewpews aren't essential,

actually, it's 7fpa pewpews and it generally is considered a must.

You want to have 7fpa so you can keep pressure on your target. You simply can't get enough to damage to forgo this pressure mechanism.

I'm not gonna say you can't have fun with other bows, or that as a cheap setup it can't work. Though the good (although good is relative) need top end equipment, and faith is one of those items you need.

P.S. In pvp, a bowazon is never a cookiecutter, so I don't really see what you can win by using an other bow.

So, it looks like the collective answer is "No, Faith or the practically non-existant Rare from God Himself are your two options for PvP."

Harumph. I will not accept this.

Well, make sure you come and tell us how it turns out.
I'm always in for a surprise (or a good laugh).

Try the windforce with aura helper... no reason why it wouldnt own

Faith bow is pvm viable also. But I prefer windforce bow for zon in pvm. Put a faith bow on merc to hit ias breakpoint without worrying about how much ias is on gear. That way you can put an ed jewel in your windforce instead of worrying about your ias.

IMO it's not a great bow overall nor have I looked up the breakpoints, but if you are looking to avoid Faith what about a BoTD bow?

BoTD isn't considered better then windforce or faith.
Let me look up a nice quote.

-This bow is not all that bad, but in terms of style, grace, and general 1337ness, it effing blows. It's kind of like wearing a Dolce & Gabbana tux that's mustard yellow. It was expensive and serves a purpose, but we're all sure that you're a moron.

If you are looking for alternatives to windforce and faith, brand and wrath are your best option. Opinions about these bows differ huge depending on who you ask. Look at the comment of Wmeredith in that thread.

However, I feel the general consensus is that BoTD doesn't match up to windforce or faith.

Faith is a balanced bow, that's why I like it better than Windforce, but Wf will provide you slightly more damage, so take your pick.

I would rather sacrifice a bit of damage to get some other useful mods, but each to his own.

I ended up finding a functional rare bow, actually, which I'm using now. Tons of fun.

Windforce is good for damage, truly can't be beat. I did bowa vs. bowa recently and my opponent's Windforce HURT. Bit too slow, though.

2r6jnlh.jpg

That's the bow I'm currently using, socketed with a 38/15 ias jewel. It's not amazing, but it's doing the job faaabulously until I can find something better :smug:

A 300%+ ED Brand Bow I think is a good alternative. it lacks IAS though.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High