Its MFO Time!

Re: Its MFO Time!

I guess I should post an update here or people will question who's that guy who won the AT section, with the only post written in the SPF made to subscribe to the tourney. :evil: (currently second but temp scores are temp !)

I did around 2k runs and the drops haven't been too bad so far, among both the qualifiers and non. I was a bit surprised that my blizzy could run the tunnels efficiently at p5-7.
Unfortunately though, I had to cut drastically the number of daily runs since tuesday; I've been playing with one hand since 3 weeks ago when I broke my left forearm and the right hand is starting to ache from the strain.

My best rune. (dropped from the sparkly chest, mind it's 1.10) :

So much potential !

The sorceress.

Nasty zombie.

Team update:

Burnouts
Kittens
Slowmg
slackers

Very tight for the top three spots. The slackers are, well, slacking.

Not much to report here. It's been busy since the weekend for me so it's been difficult for me to get a ton of runs in. I anticipate that to change this weekend though. Sitting at just under 1400 runs so far and no major change to my last update so I have yet to send one in.

Rune totals so far:

1 x Ohm
1 x Mal
2 x Um
2 x Pul
3 x Lem
1 x Fal
2 x Ko
8 x Lum

Couple interesting rares/other stuff:

Code:
Fiend Chain 
Heavy Belt 
Defense: 43 
Durability: 15 of 18 
Required Level: 34 
Required Strength: 45 
Fingerprint: 0xc620477f 
Item Level: 88 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+17% Faster Hit Recovery 
+37 Defense (Based on Character Level) 
+14 to Strength 
+38 to Life 
Cold Resist +13% 
Lightning Resist +26% 

Stone Harness 
Battle Belt 
Defense: 78 
Durability: 17 of 18 
Required Level: 25 
Required Strength: 88 
Fingerprint: 0xf62e5bd1 
12% Chance to cast level 4 Nova when struck 
+37 Defense (Based on Character Level) 
+56 to Life 
Lightning Resist +20% 
Fire Resist +30% 
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds 

Raven Buckle 
Spiderweb Sash 
Defense: 57 
Durability: 11 of 12 
Required Level: 46 
Required Strength: 50 
Fingerprint: 0x35579ef7 
Item Level: 85 
+24% Faster Hit Recovery 
+34 to Life 
Cold Resist +30% 
Fire Resist +12% 
51% Extra Gold from Monsters

Scintillating Jewel 
Jewel 
Required Level: 26 
Fingerprint: 0xa93769e8 
Cold Resist +14% 
Lightning Resist +14% 
Fire Resist +14% 
Poison Resist +14% 

Serpent's Small Charm of Vita 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 40 
Fingerprint: 0x741d046c 
Item Level: 85 
+17 to Life 
+15 to Mana

Hahahhahahahahaha. Oh man. So, uh, if any of you upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista/7 and intend to run D2 ... make sure you set both ATMA and D2 to run as administrator. I just lost half a level of experience, a Baal Grand Charm and my second highest qualifier because I, uh, didn't. ROFL. Awesome.

Edit: Okay, so I misunderstood exactly what was screwed up. I lost my highest scoring qualifier; the second highest is intact. This is no longer even remotely funny. :(

I am fairly sure that it isn't lost. There is a secret folder that windows Vista(and I assume 7) saves things to when a program with insufficient privileges tries to save to the program files directory. It is: User/AppData (Hidden folder)/Local/VirtualStore/ and then look for programs or program files. The best way to get there is to type "%APPDATA%" without quotes into the navigator bar of windows explorer window and navigate from there. If one of ATMA/D2 is saving to the virtual store and another to the actual program files then things can appear to be missing or other weird effects. You can also get weird effects when you change a program from running with insufficient privileges to proper privileges. The 1.10 betas saved to the virtual store no matter what I did.

I hope you can recover your qualifier and it isn't lost in some other way.

Baal is an amazing beast... *sigh*

Code:
Torch of Iro
Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 4
Durability: 12 of 15
Required Level: 5
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x6c6cfc45
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 5%
Adds 5-9 fire damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+3 to Light Radius
150% Damage to Undead

Baal is an amazing beast... *sigh*

Code:
Torch of Iro
Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 4
Durability: 12 of 15
Required Level: 5
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6c6cfc45
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 5%
Adds 5-9 fire damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+3 to Light Radius
150% Damage to Undead

My money says someone will get a biggens bonnet from baal before this MFO is over.

Or maybe a....

Code:
Gull
Dagger
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 19
Durability: 12 of 16
Required Level: 4
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x39b4b932
-5 to Mana
+1 to Minimum Damage
+15 to Maximum Damage
100% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Well, I'm calling it quits for tonight. Best drops were a HC Shako and a facet.

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x8c6fb695
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Last edited:

I am fairly sure that it isn't lost. There is a secret folder that windows Vista(and I assume 7) saves things to when a program with insufficient privileges tries to save to the program files directory. It is: User/AppData (Hidden folder)/Local/VirtualStore/ and then look for programs or program files. The best way to get there is to type "%APPDATA%" without quotes into the navigator bar of windows explorer window and navigate from there. If one of ATMA/D2 is saving to the virtual store and another to the actual program files then things can appear to be missing or other weird effects. You can also get weird effects when you change a program from running with insufficient privileges to proper privileges. The 1.10 betas saved to the virtual store no matter what I did.

I hope you can recover your qualifier and it isn't lost in some other way.

You, my good sir, are a badass and a baller. If ever I can pay you back, don't hesitate to ask. I'm just glad I had the luck-of-the-clueless lead me to try muling it onto a character to keep it, because apparently ATMA hadn't backed up the stash at all.

I, and doubtless the rest of Team SlowMG, thank you! :)

As long as I'm here, I'll post a reminder that I intend to post the last standings heading into the last weekend in roughly 12 hours from this post. Those in the Other Area Level 85 category please have your updates sent in to maareek (at) gmail (dot) com by then, so I can chuckle knowingly at your trash talk in the next few days. :tongue:

Alright, just got in from work and I'm finishing up my supper. Then it's time to start running. I wonder if I can make it to level 90 tonight...

Last edited:

Just about to level 92 and about 100 runs from a nice round number, so my MFO is approaching its end. I'm out of town the next five days, so I'll forward my final update to sequana in the next couple hours. I'll include the readouts in case somebody wants to claim something and I can't sneak in on Monday to post in the result thread. I'll try to keep tabs on the thread in the meantime and prep a nice facts and figures writeup for the results.

Have a great weekend of running all! Particularly the pindle runners... if I'm going to finish at the back I have to hope nobody needs or wants any of my fancy loot!

I've had a great time (albeit occasionally frustrating), and I wouldn't have kept nearly the pace without some serious competition and motivation. Even if I finish way out of the running, I've put in a solid enough effort that I won't hesitate to join up next time around. Zayani was built to be a tunnel runner... pindle was just a nice side project since she wasn't quite ready yet.

See you all in the results thread :)

Thanks for the good times, nualum. I have my eyes on the tunnels, too, so we might run head-to-head again in the future. Enjoy the weekend, and may your runs carry you to a strong finish!

Based strictly on Wednesday's runs alone, 4 of my top 5 qualifiers have just been replaced with newer, better, higher scoring items.

5 of 5 on Thursday here.

Still I don't think the top contenders have to worry, yet.

Lol I just did something that I've never done before, and even caught it on tape!

You see, I was recording a video of me running Pindle, because I figured, why not? Problem was, on run #2 of the vid, I was rushing a bit too much, so I didn't notice the horked TC87 grailer on the ground until a split second too late.

I can't recall S&E'ing away something significant (a charm or jewel here or there maybe), and it was pretty hilarious that it should happen during a recording. Thankfully it wouldn't have made my top 5, and it's not a very useful item, so no harm done I guess.

At least I now have a nice little .avi on my computer of me leaving a golden [blank] on the ground.

The reason I'm not saying is that qualifiers are meant to be secret during the MFO, and if I said what it was people could perhaps draw some conclusions about my score :)

No big deal I guess, but I like the secrecy. I'll tell you what it is once the MFO is over.

Whew. A lot of running was done today (well, by my standards...).

-- I continue to fiddle around with my gear; I have not settled on the best speed/MF ratio for my tastes. I suppose it is fun to play with gear, though.
-- I hit lvl90 today, but then had two deaths (I had not had any in over 1,000 runs, so it was a bit of a shock).
-- I have found two "Ist" runes in the past two days. :D
-- Every now and then I pick up rare assassin weapons (depending upon base type). Among those that have staff mods, I think that 95% have had "+2 to Blades of Ice". Ugh.

Well, there are no TC87s being left on the ground in this one I'm afraid, but here's me doing 8 pindle runs:

[youtube]hTRHrarOZHo[/youtube]

Good to see that the burnouts haven't taken too much damage from my severely poor drops. I don't know how many runs I've done so far, but I started at 3.095b XP. Now I'm at 3.165b having done /p1 throne, /p3 waves + Baal all the way.

I've had 2 ber runes drop during the MFO so I made an infinity, and changed my setup, so I'll probably be doing the usual /p1, 8, 3 from now on.

Also I had to take a few days off from the MFO because the youngest of my kids suffered 2 (yes, two!!) concussions in one day. We spent a day and a half in the hospital on that account. I plan on starting running again tonight.

Go go burnouts. Keep on burning!

5 of 5 on Thursday here.

Still I don't think the top contenders have to worry, yet.

[highlight]Blargh[/highlight]. Don't even talk about Thursday. x_x Although I did manage to net a Sur rune and a Sparkling of susty I think I actually lost points my qualifiers were so bad. Its now Day 8 of the MFO, and I only have 31 qualifiers total. FML.

2nd progress report sent to jjscud, but for all intensive purposes it may as well have been a final update. I'm not ready to give up running -- oh no, not by a long shot. But I have officially given up hope of finding any qualifiers that will actually improve my score. It doesn't even have to be a tc87!!! Just gieb me a simple Conquerer Crown or Succubus Skull and I'll call it gg. Still 3 more days of nothing but Colossus Crossbows and Military Picks. Please, someone, anyone, put me out of my misery. :doh: :steam: :banghead:

Urkel, I feel incredibly incredibly sorry for you with only a Sur and a Sparking of Sustenance to show for yesterday.

Edit: 25% in to this MFO (for me, so far, in playing time), I had 98.5% of the score that I have now. Needless to say, the last couple days have kind of sucked :)

25% in to this MFO (for me, so far, in playing time), I had 98.5% of the score that I have now. Needless to say, the last couple days have kind of sucked :)

Same here. I think I scored about 90% of my points the first couple of days and last improvement was more than 300 runs ago yesterday morning. And it's not that I have a stellar score either. There are at least 15 items that can drop that will improve my score. On other news, runes keep dropping like flies. I found 2 Ists and a Mal in ~5 consecutive runs earlier...

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High