I hate to say it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I hate to say it....

I'm kinda shocked you're trying to compare this site and JSP. I prefer this community far more. While they have precautionary measures in place, members here know better than not to be trustworthy. I never worry unless its a new member to the community, but even then I have yet to have a problem here.

Aside from that, you are up against botters galore, which can make trading a bit difficult since you're not just competing against the real money on-line shops, you're competing with jsp users and their bots also. Not everyone bots there, but it's anything but uncommon.

Does blizzard care? Yes and no. It's a 10 year old game afterall, and it's stopped being "profitable" long ago. But they do keep the servers up, the only other games I know with that kinda lifespan would be starcraft (another blizzard) and counter-strike.

The funny thing about real money trading is that its real money for virtual items that hold no usefulness except in game. I've seen sites sell items for well over $100. With MMORPG's, I can at least POSSIBLY justify that considering not everyone wants to get in large raids over and over for a chance at something nice. But D2... sigh.

The one thing JSP has over this site is their community. It just also happens to be the one thing this site also has over JSP. A large community is great for finding what you may be looking for, or selling for that matter. But one like that you are also at far greater risk of getting scammed or cheated one way or another.

People here typically won't go that route, they're far more interested in playing the game and enjoying it.

good riddance to bad rubbish i say. and anyone who considers that hell hole of hacked up retards worthwhile can reasonably be considered as "rubbish".

don't come here to crai when you get scammed, spammed and account hacked.

I never found this site loading slow and only read about it.

But as you were, arguing of which website's forums you choose to poast on.

heh, nice. It's like a mob. You leave and we kill you. Better not tell the members >.>

for trading there is nothing that beats jsp currently sad but true. a new player can just gather up junk that no body wants and make some fg that can easily gear up a character with stuff like shako,hoz,hoto,spirit,torchs there are amazing cheap some even free.

i don't think anyone wants to wait for hours for a reply just to get a trade going and then the other side refuses to accept your offer.

there is also a bad side to it though, if you get scam that is it.
very little that can be done even given all the evidence. the mods and mediators simply don't care i've seen one of them even participated in a scam.

the general pop of jsp is mostly douche bags, but there are also nice people there.

I believe the original poster has a valid point in saying that the site is quite slow when it comes to loading pages. I have been following the forums for quite awhile and the drop in speed is noticeable.

As far as the other issues, I always believe in the purity of the game (i.e no outside source of "currency" or bots/duping for that matter). Whilst other methods of trading might very well prove to be effective, it should in my view, not be part of the game. That said, given the success of such a black market, it might be something that Blizzard might want to consider for D3.

The game is over 10 yrs old. This very site as I knew it back then as purediablo.com is actually testament to the cooperative community that is invaluable to an ARPG. The hardware is not perfect but the software is as good as it gets. And that is irreplaceable.

...but I have converted to the "cheating gets it faster" site. For the sake of my ego as a troll, let me offer the two primary reasons why I switched. Perhaps the admins will make fun of me till they're bored and then ban my IP.

1) This site is so terribly SLOW!!!! It takes a good 6-7 seconds (many times even more) to load each and every page, forum or not. I'm not smart enough to open multiple tabs. My brain works excessively slow. The "other" site pays for faster servers by taking money from botters and dupers. Get rid of the tolerable ads that are hand-screened and show me more Evony banners.

2) Far more active botters. Many many times more botters. Posts will be off the first page in a matter of moments, and you'll see so many more dupes available. This can be a hassle in and of itself, and I can think of many ways the site could be improved, so its not at all as great as I'm making it out to sound. But as far as having a large community of predatory traders with a very large amount of scammers, the "other" site can't be beat.

I'll certainly continue visiting this site because the people here are grown up, type in english, and actually know what they're talking about. But as far as my purchasing items that I lack the skills to trade for, you've lost me.

Fixed :) :)

1) just block the slow loading ads (you know which ones)

2) far more active traders on all realms providing more services, this I would agree

and comparison with JSP is silly, since the rules over there: you got scammed? noob. bots? set up your own, noob.

1) just block the slow loading ads (you know which ones)

2) far more active traders on all realms providing more services, this I would agree

and comparison with JSP is silly, since the rules over there: you got scammed? noob. bots? set up your own, noob.

Arkansaw, you know better than to block the ads.

You know better to suggest it.

The ads pay the bills, they are not to be blocked.

Suggesting that the ads be blocked or blocking them is grounds for an account ban.

You just earned your ban.

...but I have converted to the "other" site.

If you believe there are only two Diablo sites, your search-fu is weak. However, glossing over that error ...
1) This site is so terribly SLOW!!!! ... Get rid of the slow loading ads and upgrade your servers. This speed is not acceptable for any website.

Firstly the ads pay the bills. You know the adage "no such thing as a free lunch"? Those ads are paying for your lunch. Some members appreciate the hard work put in by the Admins and make a voluntary monetary contribution to this site. Those Pals are rewarded with various Perks - including removal of banners.

You state that this forum is worthwhile ["I'll certainly continue visiting this site for the content updates "] and the ads are a problem. Contribute to the site you have found so valuable over the years. The site wins with funding and you win with less ads. Good deal for $2.50/month and less for a yearly sub.

2) Far more active users.
I would rather have quality over quantity. If it's too good to be true it probably is. So that guy offering a shed load of cheap stuff probably botted it. Maybe that doesn't bother you; I wouldn't touch him with a 10ft barge pole; that's always been a major part of the draw of this site for me. We don't like cheats.

They have warn meters and mediators, significantly decreasing the risk of being scammed. Most people have given me payment before I even traded the item.

Well all those green people aren't decorative; I see you noticed that in a later post. So let me say this; I suspect we - and I mean Moderators - intervene faster and sooner than many sites. We don't do a three wise monkey impression; if we smell something unpleasant we use our one-application-kills-the-smell Banaerosol. Not available in the shops.

You don't see most of what the Mods do because we do it quietly and in private. There are relatively few scams here because we don't sit around waiting for a scam.

Hmm, you'd expect a moderator to have a bit more class. With people like you, who needs a better site to leave. You can just insult them all away.

Might want to check rule 9 of the diii.net rules.

The rules said:
9. Thou Shalt Accept the Admin's Decisions.
We [DIII.Net and its mods/admins] reserve the right to ban [temporarily or permanently] or place on Probation [limit privileges] any member of DIII.Net without warning. We reserve the right to edit, move or remove any post made on DIII.Net without warning or explanation. We reserve the right to edit any portion of a member profile without warning. You will accept all this gladly and with open arms because we do it with love

If you want to disagree, it's generally considered good form to do so via PM in private.

Perhaps you could focus your business model on providing a high quality service that people are willing to pay for. Use your imagination a bit here and it won't take you long to come up with viable alternatives.

Speaking as a long term member here, I thought the excellent user knowledge, courteous members, outstanding quality of updates from Elly and the team which stems from a great relationship with Blizzard, the rules of the site and trade forum quality which are worth paying for. I'm saddened you feel that it isn't even worth $2.50/month of your money.

Increase the speed of your site. You know it, I know it, and anyone in their right mind knows they aren't going to sit there waiting five seconds per page when there's hundreds of items to browse. This isn't rocket science. Speed should be your first concern.

In a previous post you mentioned that this site does not have a large number of users and yet here you say there's hundreds of items to browse. Seems a tad contradictory to me.

Speed isn't everything. Personally I would rather wait a little longer for a page to load knowing the content was informative, innovative and accurate than see any old piece of rubbish appear faster than a politician can pull a sound bite in front of a TV camera.

Develop an item locator so I don't have to wade through neverending iso/ft lists of which 98% of the items are charsi.

We have one, it's called the search function. You can also search within Google but limiting to this site. I find that very effective.

Develop some method to "bin" through items. e.g. an auction for a specific item could have several bin offers (e.g. trading soj, bins are 6 x 7smfcs, 2 x low ll bul-kathos, ber and jah, etc).

I believe the Realms call those 'closeable offers'? That is the choice of the poster not of the site.

These are but a few ideas to set yourself apart from the competition.

We are already apart from the competition.
  • Broad player base
  • Generally the most courteous group of posters I have ever seen
  • Unparallelled game knowledge
  • Frequent updates
  • Constantly updated site
  • Wiki
  • Excellent guides
  • Virus checked file hosting
  • Active forums for D1, D2, D3, Realms, Single Player, Teaming (SP and Realms), Trade Forums, Hardcore, other games, Off topic etc

What is untrue about my statement in any way? ... So now tell me ONE THING I have said that is untruthful or embellished. Just one...

Your tone. Frankly your post reads to me as "yeah I'll use your site but I won't pay anything for it, just lose the ads and change it so I like it better".

I'm sure that wasn't your intent but it does seem somewhat arrogant. Not to mention advertising for another site.

You know the success of that site is also quite the testament to the power of currency. Sure, you can make currency out of in game items like we did back in 1.09 with sojs, 7smfcs and 100pscs; but the harsh reality is that kind of trading system is substandard in the face of a currency system.

Why? It's the post count argument. I have x currency, I have x post count, I have x HRs, I have x chars I am therefore better than you. Wrong.

The SPF Trade Forum doesn't have set values any more than the Realms. It's never been needed and if you think about it, having a currency such as you favour stifles trade.

An item is worth what someone is willing to pay at the time. I wouldn't pay much for a Pally Combat of Vita because I dislike Pallys. I would break out my stashes for a nice crafted ammy. Compare that to those who play the Flavour of the Month pallys. They'd Charsi my ammy but keep the combat. A set value of each item is not fair to all. Especially not to the newer trader who might get a lucky craft.

Gorny, I don't care WHY your site is slow, I only care that it is. I'm a consumer and you're trying to sell me a product (advertisements) with substandard performance.

No you have that backwards. We aren't trying to SELL you anything. If you pop into Walmart for a curry sauce they are trying to sell you items.

We are trying to be the best forum, with the most accurate information and we hope members recognize that and contribute to the site. In reward for that contribution they get some perks and we get to keep running.

As a side note, you're a mod, and you should act with a certain amount of restraint when responding to customers.

You aren't a customer. This is a private forum and you are an invited guest. Check the rules to which I linked earlier. We've already established that you won't even make a small contribution to the site running costs in return for some very nice perks.

I live in a gray area on this topic. I support player to player rmt, but despise bots and any form of cheating. Some people claim rmt is cheating,

RMT is contrary to Blizzards ToS/EuLA. So while you don't think it's cheating, they do. So not only do you wish us to change this site to your convenience, you want Blizzard to alter their game also?

In the end, though, for trading I will go to the place with the best selection and the best prices. I would far prefer that would be without botting, but the game is now what it is. If Blizzard wanted to stop botting they would, but they don't care.

And the threads of "I got banned for x" after every clean up are figments of my imagination. I suspect not. ;)

Even without botting the "other site" would still be vastly superior simply because of speed and a common currency.

Then go there.

I don't mean to be rude but I do honestly believe you are not being realistic. Your whole set of posts are "do this for me"; not one "I could do this" even if "this" is a little money, or a guide, or a helpful post. Just a stream of "I'm going else where they're better than you until you fix this and no I'm not contributing".

I've been visiting this site for over 10 years fyi. Just created new account as I just started playing again.
Maybe you already said it somewhere, but which was your old account? And why did you make a new one? I'm somehow under the impression that you aren't telling us about all of your agenda. Mazbe you are bearing some kind of grudge which you haven't told us about.

I won't do anything to find out who you were before here, why should I? Your point of view can much easier be opposed if it remains unknown. Other people have already done that, so I won't bother about it. I know what I know about this site and about the other site with a J.

zaxxon.

Banned by me over a year ago for advocating the use of hacks.

If you search all the posts by the OP of this thread, he mentions a d2 game account name. Search that name and you find zaxxon banned here...

and no, he has yet to say the name of the account, but i already found it even though he got sneaky with a different IP.

image.axd

Pun intended

Tbh, what I have found out about the "other site" is that it's filled with imature, botting, scamming, elitist, "I do not take pgms", annoying, lame, hacking, duping, idiotic, insane and just plain stupid people.

Oh and "Thelin", may Gorny have mercy on your soul. (NOT!)

I'm surprised that Thyiad has come from the hole known as the SP forums.
Here I though that you would spend the rest of your days there =D

image.axd

Pun intended

Tbh, what I have found out about the "other site" is that it's filled with imature, botting, scamming, elitist, "I do not take pgms", annoying, lame, hacking, duping, idiotic, insane and just plain stupid people.

Oh and "Thelin", may Gorny have mercy on your soul. (NOT!)

so is the rest of the internet what is your point?

there are good people there, you just haven't seen any.

actually that place is the best thing ever happen to casual diablo 2 players, yeah like they are ever going to get torchs,ani,enigma easily on this site compare to that.

This thread will be closed soon, anything important to say, do so now.

so is the rest of the internet what is your point?

There are good people there, you just haven't seen any.

Actually that place is the best thing ever happen to casual diablo 2 players, yeah like they are ever going to get torchs,ani,enigma easily on this site compare to that.

do not invoke the "c" word!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High