Wirt's Leg imbuing question

Norre

Jun 24, 2010
Wirt's Leg imbuing question

Mornin,

Now before you rage on me i will appologize in advance incase i am posting at the wrong place, i had no idea and just randomed my way here xD

Now, to the question.
If i imbue a Wirt's Leg, what Ilvl will it have? Does this change in normal/nightmare/hell and depending on character lvl during imbuing, or is it always at a set Ilvl, and if i it is i wonder if anyone can tell me the exact value.

If it's Ilvl 99 or something other ridiculously high it would be hilarious to imbue a leg, reroll it untill you get some good mods, get a mace barb and do some dueling versus people who thinks ull hit for a max of 50 XD. Maybe kill diablo with an greedy little brat's leg, or just PK someone with the coolest looking weapon in the game (if on non-hc ofcourse. I would not wish to steal several hours/days/weeks/more of someone's life)

Also, after you imbue the leg, will it be usable in the other difficulties aslong as you do not unequip it?

Thanks in advance.
PS: If you use the horadic cube to upg the leg it turns into an axe, since you cannot use a socketed leg for mace RW's anymore, maybe you can use it for axe runewords? Would also be cool :afro:

Re: Wirt's Leg imbuing question

No idea, but i'm actually interested in this as well. i can't even remember how many imbuing quests i've wasted on wirt's legs haha.

Imbuing an item with the Charsi quest sets its ilvl to character level+4.

so in order to get Ilvl 99 you would need a lvl 95 char? .............
well, hopefully i will waste my imbues before Diablo 3 is out xD

The ilvl isn't the only variable which decides about possible affixes, it also depends on the base qlvl and (if non-zero) the magic level. Search the statistics forum for details.

Well, Wirt's leg got Qlvl 0 if im not mistaken, and i fail to find the Magic lvl (but since Qlvl is 0 that would not matter right?) also after searching the forum the most helpfull i found was the "item Generation Tutorial" which only contained alot of math, and since i am *coughs* perhaps not *coughs* qualified to play d2 according to certain rules, heh. they didnt make alot of sense for me^^ do you perhaps have a simpler explanation?
Help would be appreciated!

Yes, if the qlvl is 1 or 0, the maximum affix level is equal to the item level. I meant the issue in general, not just with respect to Wirt's Leg.

Well, Wirt's leg got Qlvl 0 if im not mistaken, and i fail to find the Magic lvl (but since Qlvl is 0 that would not matter right?)

Wirt's leg is indeed qlvl 0, and has no magic level either. If it did have a magic level though it would be important, even if the qlvl was 0.

Ah, so then the only thing that would matter in order to get the best possible Imbued wirts leg is to imbue it with a lvl 95 char? norm/nm/hell does not matter?
Also does the Ilvl change if you reroll it, or does it stay the same?
i just have to kill uber with wirts leg sometime XD

No, 73 is enough because the highest affix which is possible on a rare axe has an affix level of 77. The important affixes probably have an affix level of 60 or less.

Rerolling with the 6 pskull recipe will set the new ilvl to 0.4*charlvl+0.4*ilvl, i.e. it will settle at 2/3*charlvl (maybe minus 1 because of rounding) after a few rerolls.

so if im going to reroll it untill i get something good, i shouldnt start to reroll before lvl 90? considering all the important affixes probably have an affix level of 60 or less.
Thanks for the help, gonna get my uber leg soon, just wait! xD

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High