What is the most -% resists a mob can curse me with outside of UBERS?

KavnSardetta

Jul 4, 2003
What is the most -% resists a mob can curse me with outside of UBERS?

I am looking to make a twinked HC necro. I am wondering how much % resists I must stack in order to keep my max resists which will be 75c/85l/90f/75p

Thanks!!!

Re: What is the most -% resists a mob can curse me with outside of UBERS?

The only monsters which can cast the lower resist curse are OKs. They cast curses at L10 in hell mode, so lower resist will be at -55%.

Bosses can have a conviction aura which works at mlvl/8 (rounded down), so it can be up to L11 for bosses in L85 areas (L88 -> L11 aura, -80%).

Conviction stacks with lower resist, so you will end up with up to -135% resist when being cursed like that by a L88 OK boss with a conviction aura (like those in the CS, WSK3 or the Throne level).

Last edited:

I've heard rumors that OKs stopped casting lower resist when IM was removed.. was it true and if yes, was it fixed in the final version of 1.13?

a bit off thread...
As i was playing several hell diablo runs, I noticed that IM was never cast. Now you say it's removed? Could you please confirm this?

Since 1.13 I have not experienced OK's casting lower resist either. They only cast amplify damage, life tap, weaken and decrepify now.

Hmm, maybe LR isn't cast anymore as well. I haven't been that much in the WSK and CS so far.

Oblivion knights, the undead casters in the Chaos Sanctuary. They can also appear on level 3 of the world stone keep (WSK) and on the throne level.

A little OT, but since 1.13 they also cast a bugged decrep when you're farther away that neither slows you down or affects your damage.

i noticed that as well. i theorized that when the bugged decrep is cast, it's when they normally would have cast IM or maybe the lower res that's not showing up.

i've not seen lower resist since 1.13 either, and i've spent plenty of time around OKnights.

What I really want to know is how much + resists I need to survive in Hell if I have conviction on me. Does anyone know how much I should stack my resists on a twinked necro?

you've been answered already.

The only monsters which can cast the lower resist curse are OKs. They cast curses at L10 in hell mode, so lower resist will be at -55%.

Bosses can have a conviction aura which works at mlvl/8 (rounded down), so it can be up to L11 for bosses in L85 areas (L88 -> L11 aura, -80%).

Conviction stacks with lower resist, so you will end up with up to -135% resist when being cursed like that by a L88 OK boss with a conviction aura (like those in the CS, WSK3 or the Throne level).
so it's either -135% if there is still a chance of lower res being cast (what we were discussing) or -80% if lower res is truly gone from monsters (players can still cast it ofc). so stack 80 over what you have or 135.

ps. "survive in hell" is a bit of a bad wording as i know i could survive in hell with negative resist.

You can survive very well with no overstacking at all (except in Ãœber Tristram). It's probably enough to keep resists maxed in normal situations and flee when conviction bosses of really dangerous elemental casters appear, like gloams/souls. Other conviction encounters can usually be handled in spite of that..

Conviction boss with charged bolts every time you strike it pwns all hc chars lol.

Conviction boss with charged bolts every time you strike it pwns all hc chars lol.

not mine they dont.

not mine they dont.

Yes gear them up before doing the tougher environments. More team work on hc. I guess thats why sc has no team work at all. No 8 player chaosing games anymore :ashamed:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High