ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

I was going to raise an issue that may have been covered already where I think gomule is not providing the correct maximum gold amount when using the bank to transfer gold. It's limiting me to 2.2 million when it should be 2.5 on all characters now days.

@buckies, have you tried using ATMA to see if it does the same thing? Fingers crossed nothing nasty has happened to your stashes.

Didn't know ATMA worked on Macs, otherwise, I'll give it a try as I'm stumped. I could send a few of the stashes to ppl too and see if they can open them with items, if anyone wouldn't mind trying.

Hey,

Returned to Diablo after 6 or so months off. Now it's 1.13 and what not. Anywho, I kick off GoMule and while my characters and their stashes are all fine, I now find that all my d2s stashes are blank when I open them.

<snip...>

Does it say "Disconnected" on the character when you open it? If so switch to the Messages pane as there should be an error message.

Try deleting the profiles. Then reload the chars/stashes.

While most of mine work, I've also got some disconnected characters. Here's one error message (btw I don't know crap about programing):

Character disconnected
at gomule.item.D2Item.<init>(D2Item.java:255)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readItems(D2Character.java:541)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readChar(D2Character.java:265)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.<init>(D2Character.java:135)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.addItemList(D2FileManager.java:1459)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.connect(D2ViewChar.java:757)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar$21.actionPerformed(D2ViewChar.java:519)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I was going to raise an issue that may have been covered already where I think gomule is not providing the correct maximum gold amount when using the bank to transfer gold. It's limiting me to 2.2 million when it should be 2.5 on all characters now days.

This was a known "bug" when 1.13 was released. See, there's no way for GoMule to distinguish a 1.12 character from a 1.13 character (or 1.10/1.11 character for that matter). Rather than releasing two different GoMules, I believe it was decided to just leave the cap in GoMule.

@buckies, yeah I can try opening your stashes to see if they still contain the items for ya bro, gotta help a fellow kiwi out :) shamarh at gmail dot com

@Smips, I've found a way around it kinda anyhow, I can load up 2.x million to their bank and then give the remainder to the character themselves, I just feel bad running the council and not picking up 10K+ piles of gold :)

Thanks Sectiplave. Email sent but I don't have high hopes which sux, as it was a fair amount of gear :(

I've cleared out all chars and stashes and reloaded them, with no luck. I can create new stashes and always pull them up each time.

Only theory I have is that my OSX upgrade from Leopard --> Snow Leopard wiped them somehow (?). Dunno if any other Mac user's had the same experience.

GoMule creates it's own backup directory. Did you try looking in that directory?

Could GoMule just not be recognizing that the stashes are the type of file associated with it?

Sectiplave make sure you delete everything that is sent to you whether or not you can open it.

Checked them this morning. They are indeed all blank except the new stash he had started since restarting. Deleted them all straight away of course.

Maybe you should look at joining up to the ladder group buckies. My condolences for your stash loss :(

S'all good. I'll rebuild and move on. My Blizzsorc is still intact with all her gear, so I can easily do more MF runs.

I'm still just interested in pinpointing a diagnosis, mainly so that no one else falls victim to the same event.

I found the backup .org files from various dates last year, and tried renaming them to .d2x and .d2s extentions and opening them. Nothing results when this is attempted though.

Many thanks to everyone here for the help and recommendations.

Buckies, do you have any of your old stashes or backups that you haven't tried to open yet?

It might be a good idea to try to eliminate the possibility that the act of opening the files in GoMule is causing the damage. (I have no idea why this would happen, but it still something to check, if only to eliminate it from the possibilities.)

What I'm proposing is to have someone else try to open an old stash you haven't played with yet to see if it opens for them.

I'm willing to take a look at them if you have any. I use gmail, with the account name desertcattleya.

Another experiment to try is to see if you can open someone else's older stash. (Idealy one that was last saved in the same version of GoMule you were using when you were playing before. I've got some 1.11 stashes I could send you to test that were last opened in whatever the current version of ATMA was 3 years ago, but that would only tell us something if they failed to open.)

I'm still using Leopard, so I'd love to get more information on this, given I will someday upgrade. I really don't see how the upgrade could have caused this, but it would still be good to know.

@Cattleya:

Sectiplave kindly verified that my stashes were blank for him too.

I can successfully open all the char files from back then, and have tried opening some of the .org backups from September last year (in .org / .d2x / .d2s extensions). All the time they open blank.

If I'd housed my wealth on chars instead of stashes I'd be fine, but at least my MF sorc is still fully intact so I'm rerunning Baal to rebuild.

Granted it's been a 6 month period of inactivity, but I seriously can't think of any events that would justify why all my .d2s stashes all got blanked out other than the OS upgrade.

@Cattleya:

Sectiplave kindly verified that my stashes were blank for him too.

I wasn't interested in the stashes that you had already opened, but ones you hadn't tried to open. I wanted to rule out that something in your GoMule wasn't damaging the stashes upon opening them.

I'm remembering a time long ago when I was testing out some old floppy drives. I had a streak where several of them were failing. Suspecting something might be off with my testing machine, I tried the drive in another one. It was still bad. Then, I tried a drive that I knew worked in the suspect machine. It failed. Thing was, not it failed in the other machine too. It turns out something in the one machine was shorting out the drives whenever they were installed in it.

That's the sort of thing I wanted to test for with my suggested experiments. :)

I can't get all my characters to load in GoMule and I posted my error messages on page 15.

Any ideas guys?

I can't get all my characters to load in GoMule and I posted my error messages on page 15.

Any ideas guys?

Are you using an updated version of GoMule? It sounds like an item is not registering in GoMule. I guess this because of
at gomule.item.D2Item.<init>(D2Item.java:255).

Do you have one of the new tokens of absolution or the ones dropped by the hell act bosses. on the character? Try downloading the recent version of GoMule if you have not upgraded recently. The first page should have the most recent version.

The program says I have version R0.3: Donkey and I don't have any keys or tokens on this character. In fact, I just started back after a long break and this character was probably patch 1.10 or there abouts.

All of my 6+ characters load except for this druid (one of my mains) and a necro.

So I haven't asked a dumb question in a while, but I thought it was time. Is it possible to clear out the gold in the GoMule bank? I forgot to clear it before I deleted all my characters so I can't do it with one of them.

Thanks in advance.

CM

If the project stash listing is not important any more, use the "Clear proj" button to clear out the gold of current project, otherwise, go and create a new gomule project.

If the project stash listing is not important any more, use the "Clear proj" button to clear out the gold of current project, otherwise, go and create a new gomule project.

I did that, but the gold persists. Thanks.

CM

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High