A Mini-Guide to Ebugging in Single Player Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Mini-Guide to Ebugging in Single Player Forum

The guide looks fantastic! Amazing job, Greebo :thumbsup:

Just one very minor nitpick:

If you do ATMA-ebug your items you need to declare it in your trader profile.

I think the above sentence should be rephrased into something like this:

If you have a trader profile, it should include your stance on ATMA-ebugging items.

The reason I'm suggesting this alteration is because the way it is worded right now might be taken to imply that non-traders who use ATMA-ebug should obligatorily create a trader profile simply to declare their pro ATMA-ebugging stance, which ofc is not the case and would be a nonsense.

I think Greebo's wording was very good but I would alter it slightly to "If you trade/MP/giveaway items follow the instructions in the Trade Rules regarding declarations. If you enter a MP game using ATMA ebugged weapons, it is recommended to check that the host is happy with that.".

I suggest that because:
  1. It makes people read the whole Trade Rules not a snippet
  2. It covers them only if they MP/trade/giveaway
  3. I didn't like the 'stance' phrasing. I have a vision of a sixteen paragraph dissertation on why someone did/didn't ATMA ebug their weapons and for the purpose of the Trade Profiles, it isn't important.
  4. It focuses on communication/choice - especially regarding MP.
Given that this is in the MP/trade pool, someone who doesn't ATMA bug weapons and doesn't like the idea of it, may be happy to MP with someone who has owned such a weapon (even given that the gear they are wearing may have been found while using the weapon) but they may not want to be in an MP game with an ATMA bugged weapon. I'm not sure if that is a distinction anyone would make but communication won't hurt.

Feel free to print out this post and make a paper aeroplane from it, if it isn't useful. :)

Re: A Mini-Guide to Ebugging in Single Player Forum

@ Thyiad: I like your formulation. In the guide.

--Greebo

---------------------------

This guide is located here.

I asked the mods to close this thread.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

--Greebo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low