Next mafia game.

nurman

Dec 8, 2009
Next mafia game.

Has anyone said that they would host the next mafia game?

Just sayin, i'd love to try hosting.

Re: Next mafia game.

Marahumm has, already at the end of last game. TC had to tell him he'd called dibs earlier. FalconGK also spoke of hosting, so you may have to wait for your turn.

I've got a theme completely finished and ready to go. I'm working on a second. Depending on when I get to host I'll offer the choices up in the signup thread and let the players pick the theme. They would of course need some tweaking based on player count, but almost everything is set up.

Themes complete:
Western
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Themes in progress:
Star Wars (ep 4-6)

Last edited:

I've been entertaining the thought of hosting myself, and had some ideas for themes, but I think I should finish a few games first as a player. The next few games seem to have been booked anyway, so maybe some day. And I'm definitely going to pay for a palship before trying to host. I've been struggling to keep my PM box sufficiently empty even now, I can't imagine what it must be like when you're hosting.

I didn't even want to play a game.
Tried to, but obviously wasn't welcomed.

BS Turb.

You were more than welcomed as is anyone, if i recall right, you did not want to be bothered reading everything.

Do I have to go quote it?

Wrote some stuff, might get banned for it, who knows.
Decided against posting it.

I'll just say that I stand by what I said. I didn't feel like I belonged in your club.

Gorny, Turb, play nice please. you're gonna make Leo a sad panda and we do not want that. Turb, it's not that we were mad at you, and i'll admit that Mara was a bit harsh at you, but if you want to play again, you are more than welcome. ^_^

and Gorny, since when was it a rule to play a full round of mafia to host? lol!! silly man! :p games are for children. and we are children. :D

Falcon, i like your ideas. i REALLY like the Western one for reasons i will not say. ;)

didn't want to say anything, but i should be coming out of retirement soon. not gonna be for a while tho. i have a task i must complete before signing up to host. but if it helps (and if my co-host is reading) i have another idea next to the one we had. it might take me a while o figure it all out and talk t over with you, but should be fun. :)

again, this is a head's up. im not coming out of retirement yet. :p

Wrote some stuff, might get banned for it, who knows.
Decided against posting it.

I'll just say that I stand by what I said. I didn't feel like I belonged in your club.

Say what you want Turb, as it stands, I think more than a few of us pointed out the nature of a mafia game. Being treated nice does not happen to anyone. It's part of the game mechanic.

I remember Marahumm trying to give you a basic rundown, now how is that treating you badly?

Here's your posts:

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7224409&postcount=27

Here's your second post: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7224409&postcount=27

first paragraph, you say it yourself. Too much for you to read and you're not a fan of it anyway. Then there's the second paragraph, you've never taken an interest anyway.

The you just not wanting to play: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7226633&postcount=218

Ludacris pointing out that if you edit your post, you will be modkilled here: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7226633&postcount=218

Then there was your exit post here: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7226734&postcount=230

Marahumm pointed out that you seemed to have no desire to play, to which I agree.

I'll say it again: Tempers rise in a mafia game, that's the way the game works. You seemed to take offense too easily. We were new at some point, and got along just fine, as did new people after you.

I really don't know what to say about you other than you did that to yourself.

Yeah, you're right, it was my fault completely.
I was the one who outed myself from the start, you are absolutely right. With that mountain of evidence against me, there's nothing else for me to say than I'm sorry. I apologize, you were 100% right, I am in the wrong and I should have known from the start that I am the idiot here.

I realize you're kinda tied up in a thing, but I'll ask anyways (maybe it'll cool down things a bit): What's mafia? I see this game played, but I don't understand it. I remember being links somewhere, but can't find them... what do I need to read/understand/do to take part?

Pyrates,

You can read about the game at www.mafiascum.net. They have a good wiki explaining the game.

Once you've got a basic understanding, the best way to learn is to play. I'd read the ongoing game for now. It is stickied at the top of this forum, and titled "The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread".

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. There will likely be a signup thread stickied within the next week or so, once the current game finishes.

I've got a Q about the game on now? (coming from an outsider - it can't effect it)

Rules State:
5) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always the next round.

Why are players that have been lynched able to post after they are dead?

I've been following it and didn't see an amendment to this rule (but I could have missed it)... just curious :)

Who do you see posting, who has been killed?

*Goes back to mafia lurker mode*:)

My understanding is they are "locked", meaning we can't change our votes now, but they aren't lynched until the end of the day.

EDIT: And by Day, I mean end of the Game day. So they are still alive and able to talk until the mod declares it nighttime.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High