Help with Assassin!

Gringod

Feb 4, 2010
Help with Assassin!

Hey guys!!
I was wondering if I could get a little help and feedback on the Ghost Assassin that I am building for pvp.
The skill points I have placed are as follows as well as the actual skill levels with all of my +1 items.

Maxed – Claw Mastery = lvl 33
Maxed – Venom = lvl 36
Maxed – Mind Blast = lvl 36
16 pts – Fade = lvl 32 +10%dr on Shako / +8%dr on Enimga = 50%
13pts – Claw Block = lvl 26 = 60% block
1 pt – Blade Shield = lvl 12
1pt – Shadow Master = lvl 14
1pt – Wake of Fire = lvl 12
1pt – Lightning Fury = lvl 15
1pt – in LS synergy’s

I have a 20/* Anni and a 20/* Torch already but I am a little torn when it comes to what I should pick as the rest of my charms.

Most Ghost Sin Guides call for 9x Shadow GC’s with 40+ life
Although I am tempted to get 9x Trap GC’s with 40+ life instead to boost my trap damage and make all my skills a little more balanced in skill lvl.

If I did this I would be looking at a lvl 24 LS instead of lvl 15 and it would be lvl 21 on all synergy’s instead of lvl 12

Would this be an effective build? How much trap damage would this do? And would the extra trap damage I get with trap charms be worth the extra damage I give up on not using 9x shadow discipline charms??? My thought was this might balance my sin a bit more.

I’m also torn when it comes to the 10 spaces I have left for small charms. I’m not sure if I should go with Life/Mana small charms or life/AR small charms.

My current WW attack rating is 5198. I’m not sure how effective this is. Does anyone know what AR I should shoot for on a Ghost Sin??

I currently have about 760 mana with a lvl 15 BO and I could use more since I seem to run out especially in pub games.

What small charms would you recommend using???
I don’t need any strength or dex because all my items give me more than enough to wear my stuff.

Ohh… the items I’m using are as follows…

Shako with 15% ias Jewel
Enigma
+2 Sin 16% FCR ammy with other mods
Trang Gloves
Arachnid Belt
Shadow Dancer boots for +2 Shadow
10% FCR Ring with AR and Res + other mods
Raven Frost Ring
Chaos & Fury Runic Talons with nice + mods
Spirit & CTA on Flip

My sin hits the breakpoints of
65% FCR
50% Damage Reduced
9 frame trap laying

Any suggestions or idea would be greatly appreciated.

-Gringod
:coffee:

Re: Help with Assassin!

Skill selection looks pretty solid. I recommend 1 point into DClaw for chain locking necs.

You also definitely do not want trap GCs. With those skills, it would be a waste since they aren't a high level, nor are they synergized. That level 12 will not mean it is synergized as a level 12. Only if you have put 12 hard skill points in it would it be like that. With that layout, each is only level 1. Synergies and + skills are very different and + skills do not grant a boosted synergy.

If you can get a hold of shadow GCs, they'll work fine for your venom / fade and the like.

For the sake of your curiosity though, there is a skill calc for that (can't link to another site, but googling a "diablo 2 skill item" should bring it up as the first result.

With +23 (to hit level 24 LS) to all skills, and level 1 lightning traps (as described in skill layout), you'll hit 1-584 damage. Usually it is a ghost / trap hybrid using LS for damage, and they hit 4-6K as a workable min / average.

For the SC space, it usually is for some + life, + res, + AR or + fhr. Whatever you need, you can usually get more of it with these. I would recommend looking for life and res. If you hit max res or don't need a lot to do so, look for life and AR.

5K AR will hit most casters, but it is going to be a bit low for some (hdins and the inevitable smiter especially). VS those, you want a "Fool's" claw anyway.

Even gear looks pretty solid. Normally Shako isn't used, but you have a nice amy to make up for it, so shouldn't be any problems there.

From what I can tell, she'd be able to function fine. Have you used her yet?

Thanks for the reply!!
Yeah i've been using her and soo far i really like the results however running out of mana seems to be a problem and i hate haveing to buy mana pots.

I was thinking life/mana charms might help this problem but im not sure how much 10 of these charms would benifit. I was looking to get 17-20 life / 17 mana charms so that would give me a base boost of 170 mana.

I would love to have more AR, and I have a couple of fools claws but when i put them on i dont see any change in my ww attack rating. I dont know why but it stays exactually the same. Maybe its because i usually use fury which has +20% to AR.

As for res im not too worried since its pretty good. With + grand charms i have to see where that will put me with the extra points to fade.

Thanks for the info on the grand charms. I didn't know that +1 to skill items doesn't worth with senergys. It's too bad.

How would a ghost/trap hybird max its skills differently in order to get that extra lightning sentry damage?

-Gringod

The Fools has to be the primary claw to work. By default, the primary is the one over the gloves.

And for a hybrid, the skill would basically be:

Max LS, DS, CBS.

Then you decide either MB, or maxed venom. Get the 1 point skills and extra (block and fade), then focus on SW afterward.

why must we have fool's as primary?

why not fury primary and chaos secondary?

Well having a Fury as primary doesn't help you get the fool's + ar / damage now would it? ;)

While I think it's still uncertain exactly how WW distributes the AR, it at least always hits the first check with the primary claw. To ensure this hits, a high AR claw is used (Fools and a Fury). Combo'd with this, only a primary claw's IAS can count towards things like trap laying. That's why Fury is so good as a primary (ar + IAS!), and Fools looks for IAS on it.

Basically, you need it primary to get the benefits from having one. This is why people often equip it, see no change in AR, and wonder why. The reason is because it is not the primary claw, and this wouldn't give it's added benefits.

fool's gives very good ar but piss poor dmg...

i mean what should i look for in a fool's claw?

Heh, strangely, there's a guide with almost that exact question. :p

Basically, Fury has a guaranteed ED% boost, but a rare can get far more, along with + skills, damage, and self rep on an eth. Such are rare, but out do a Fury easily.

Fools definitely does not give poor damage. When the ED is ~190 or 200 ish, it does about the same, maybe more damage. They can get into the high 200 almost 300%.

found a warfist

267%ed
40 IAS
Fool's mod
161-242
1 to max damage

Can i larzuk 2 sockets into it?

Is this claw any good for ww sin?

will it hit trap breakpoints and will it make me do more ww damage than fury suwayyah?

will it hit ww with the 40 IAS?

The only way it would be good is for a purely physical sin using fort and doesn't use any traps.

Larzuk will give it 1 socket max.

It is very bad for trap breakpoints (even with another as a Suwayyah).

It does hit the 4 frame WW breakpoint.

The most important thing to take from reading the guide is the base item the Fools is found in. It must be a fast claw since you want it as the primary. Slow claws won't work (suwayyah, scissors and Warfist).

found rare

fool's with cruel

+9dmg
+279%dmg
+fools
+1-6 lightning

it's a blade talon that can be upped to runic talon

it has no IAS tho....is it worth it

If you use highlord's wrath in the build, yes.

will it hit the last ww ias tho? as my primary

wat wud u rate it for a physical ww ghost win out of 10?

if i make a physical ww-er, do i still need to max venom?

how wud i fix my trap laying with a slow claw like this one?

what shud i socket it with?

Even as a Blade Talon, it automatically hits the max WW speed. To easily tell if a claw hits WW speed, it's found by the WSM minus the IAS. For that, it's be -20 as BT, and -30 as RT. The breakpoint to hit is -13 for assassins using WW. As you can see, the WSM alone makes it hit the breakpoint. For Suwayyah and slower, they need IAS (Chaos claws give it 20+ it doesn't even need).

A general rule of thumb: any Chaos claw always hits max WW. Similar is true for any feral / GT / RT, etc; all hit the max speed.

And yes, even those who focus on physical damage max venom (and use trangs).

And personally, I'd say it's very nice. It's stronger than a Fury, and I'd even use it as a main vs all (no swapping to duel various chars). I'd socket it with an Um rune to make up for some OW%.

Not quite sure what you mean by slow claw. As a Blade Talon, it's second fastest, and as Runic, it's the fastest. To use it, just have a Chaos Suwayyah over gloves, that over boots and WSM bug. With an equipped Highlords, you will hit max trap speed with the Fools as primary (you'll see a huge boost in AR).

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High