Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion d

Re: Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion

So; I took some time, killed pindy couple hundreds (thousands?) times and reached level 90. Still no 4os Monarch for spirit. So far I got Spider sash, lowish Vipermagi, my first tc87 - Ghostflame and so on. There is only one more item that I need from meph - Occulus. Forges were Dol/Fal, but I found Um from Pindle.
I think I'm going to take short break since PvP week is comming soon and don't expect much from me in those days :)

[highlight]Inoe, Sorceress, lvl 90 (matted) SC FAM[/highlight]

Not been on too much over the weekend, but have managed to get my conqueror status and am happily blowing up wsk with my maxed CE, gloams are no threat at the moment, but I've invested what I hope will be a useful point into dim vision.

Not really unearthed much in the way of items yet, but gold is plentiful, and I'm hoping with a little more gambling for a lucky +3 to summon amulet or a +2 skiller. Just need to find a monarch for the spirit runes I have sitting around. Currently using (and loving) a splendour in a +1 skelly +1 skelly mastery head that I found very early on, and my +2 wand is handy. The merc is decked out with an insight and a rockfleece, he rocks :yes:

Couple more levels and I think I'll venture into hell, probably at /players2 or 3 just to make sure that CE is still powerful enough to clear away big groups, but I anticipate a long slow slog through to hell mephi, fingers crossed for a good map.

[highlight]IaDocNotaNecro, lvl 68 HC FAM[/highlight]

Not much in the way of experience today (so much so, I'm in the same spot on the Ladder :p), but I plowed through the first three acts of NM.

Tal's Tomb was full of Unraveler boss packs, at least one on every corner, and within revival range of eachother through walls. It was fun.

Have about 30 S/U so far, up to to 6 runewords. Not sure if tomorrow will be pounding Mephy, or A4.

[highlight]Halliwell, Sorc, Lvl 62, A4 NM - SC FAM[/highlight]

Hit Hell mode yesterday, damn its hard untwinked. Dashing for Hell Mephisto anyway. Meteorb is definitely my favourite build!

[highlight]Karenina, Sorc, Lvl 71, A1 Hell - SC FAM [/highlight]

Keep losing hc baby sorcs not giving up....

[highlight]plznomoredeeds, Sorc, Lvl 12, A1 - SC Vanilla(for now) [/highlight]

Level 68 orb/baller has just entered hell. Tele'd through act 1. I am speeding through to Meph and the tunnels, then I will use my hell respec to switch to blizzard for some mf fun. Once I get sick of that I will spec back and continue questing.

I found a white bill and a 4os long sword so finally gave in and went FAM. They have made a huge difference.

Level 68 orb/baller has just entered hell. Tele'd through act 1. I am speeding through to Meph and the tunnels, then I will use my hell respec to switch to blizzard for some mf fun. Once I get sick of that I will spec back and continue questing.

I found a white bill and a 4os long sword so finally gave in and went FAM. They have made a huge difference.

I tell you now, that's gonna be harder than you think, I've been running the tunnels since lvl 74 and they are ripping me... that said I've had some good finds.

This baby is just waiting for my first sol rune :p

Code:
Cryptic Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 49 to 225
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 93
Required Strength: 155
Required Level: 59
Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x8618e763
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 0 used)

Oh and the Mara's wasn't bad either :whistling:

Me Too Me Too!!!!!11!11! :)

Nice excuse to start a new char, plus I want to join the untwinked MF tourney

[highlight]crazy_bear HC Vanilla[/highlight]

I'm going to make an orb/hydra sorc and see how it goes.

CB

I've hit 82 thanks to AT and Andy with some nice finds to boot!:thumbup:
I found my first ever SoJ the other day (never owned one before); its quite a nice little bump to her stats. Also found a wizardspike to replace the spirit sword, very helpful with resistances seeing as my charms are still crap.
Anyways, I noticed that I'm not listed in the ladder on the website. Did I mess up somewhere?

[highlight]Mat. Emeralda, 82, SC FAM[/highlight]

So; I took some time, killed pindy couple hundreds (thousands?) times and reached level 90. Still no 4os Monarch for spirit. So far I got Spider sash, lowish Vipermagi, my first tc87 - Ghostflame and so on. There is only one more item that I need from meph - Occulus. Forges were Dol/Fal, but I found Um from Pindle.
I think I'm going to take short break since PvP week is comming soon and don't expect much from me in those days :)

[highlight]Inoe, Sorceress, lvl 90 (matted) SC FAM[/highlight]

Good thing for PvP week... that'll give me time to catch up :p.

I'm running the AT exclusively right now at /p3. It's somewhat slow going (2:00 per/run avg), but I'm hitting 6-9 boss packs per map and leveling quickly right now. I figure I'll abuse the decent map while I can before re-rolling for Meph. I'll probably level to 85 or so before re-rolling a Meph map, at which point I'll run him until I'm comfortable continuing on through Hell. Once I've gone through hell, I'll probably start running Meph+Pindle combined runs.

So far I've got a little over 100 distinct SU's and every rune up to Ko, so I'm pretty happy right now. Waiting for that 4os Monarch (another reason I'm running AT), after which I'll be extremely pleased.

The new patch has dragged me back to this game once again, so I'm still debating with myself if should sign up for the ladder or not. I have a bad habit of growing tired of my characters before they get into their higher levels :p
But I've started from scratch on a brand new install of the game, and will follow the rules for the ladder until I decide. But for now I will just follow this thread as I find it interesting to follow everyone's progress:thumbup:

Waiting for that 4os Monarch (another reason I'm running AT), after which I'll be extremely pleased.

I just wanted to verify this, all TC 85 areas can drop every item right? So i can hunt for an archon plate in the pits. I get confused because the old d2 encyclopedia says specific items can only drop after specific acts.

ALvl 85 areas can drop every base item type, yes. What specifically can drop where in terms of lower alvl areas is slightly more complex than the linear progression it used to be, but unless I am quite mistaken, every monster in every alvl 85 area can drop any base item type (*maybe* except for some superuniques/bosses, but you wouldn't be hunting them for socketables anyways.) This does not apply to chests and other ground items.

-CG

edit: pits/etc with a 0 MF high kill speed char on high players settings was my general method of obtaining large quantities of high end RW bases, so it's definitely viable. Cows also works IIRC, but I wouldn't swear that absolutely everything can drop there. Keep in mind that archon plate (and monarch, for that matter) isn't TC 87, though, so it can drop in a great many places.

Hell is going pretty smoothly now. Have a decent countess map and intend to try farming for some mid level runes, at least an um + pul to make a stone for my merc, otherwise I think I'm going to spend vast amounts of gold resing him later on. I also need to find a higher level polearm, as the eth bill he has his insight in is not really cutting the mustard any more.

CE on /p2 is fine, /p3 and higher is a pain in the *** at the moment, and given that a lot of the safety of this build for HC is the fast kill speed, I'd rather stay alive just for now :yes: More and more revives are coming in handy, literally swamping me in an (un)living shield, and I can't wait to find an amulet/wand/etc with tele charges, I will head on to Meph pretty quickly then, and start to practice tele-stacking 20 Urdars at a time for epic crushing blows!

Would be nice to see some other HC peoples sharing their experiences, the ladder is looking very bare at the moment, and I'm feeling a little lonely at the top, come on, give me some competition :crazyeyes:

Anyway, really enjoying this little contest, I think I'd already be bored by now if I'd started the new patch on the bnet ladder. I'm thankful to be in good company :cloud9:

[highlight]Conqueror IaDocNotaNecro, Fishyzon, 72, HC FAM[/highlight]

So I've made it to act 1 hell with my summoner Alfred. But upon completion of hell den of evil I decided to respec to a bonemancer and go back to nm to run meph and andy. Basically 10 ce, 22 Bspear, 22 bonewall, golem, some revives, and utility curses. He is a lot more affective against bosses now than as a summonnecro. I'm going to keep running and mfing for the tourney, and hopefully I can find a shako or something nice to wear.
After a couple of days i'll probably move on and finish the game. :thumbup:

I ventured into Hell this evening, at level 68, and managed to tele through act 1 and act 2 doing the bare minimum. Act 3 was giving me headaches, and I ran out of gold ressing my merc (he is using Insight in a non-eth bill... definitely needs an upgrade).

So, I dropped back to NM and ran Baal. Had some lucky drops going from 68 to 72: The Ward (fixes my -40 Hell res issue), a 38% Gheeds, and a Skulders which will come in useful once I make it to hell Meph.

I'll probably level up to 75 on Baal before venturing back into Hell, and pushing through to Meph. Then it's time for Blizzard.

[highlight]Aconite, Level 72 Sorc (orb/baller), SC FAM[/highlight]

mattinm: can you change me from vanilla to FAM on the ladder please? I can't do this via the upload mechanism.

I've switched to AT from Meph. Found a Spirit Keeper (my rarest ladder find to date by far). Hoping for a monarch...

[highlight]Alca_Torda, Level 79 Sorc, SC FAM[/highlight]

[highlight]Conqueror IaDocNotaNecro, Fishyzon, 72, HC FAM[/highlight]

Think you meant Fishymancer there :p. Congrats on the progress so far!

mattinm: can you change me from vanilla to FAM on the ladder please? I can't do this via the upload mechanism.

Just added this functionality. There is now an 'Override' checkbox next to the FAM/Vanilla selection, and checking it will ensure that the character is uploaded and their FAM/Vanilla status changed if required. If you don't check the box, and the status differs, it will explain the override message in the error box.

It was a simple addition, really, and one that I meant to get in sooner (as you could probably tell by the error message you must have got :p).

So do I not have to switch the radio button from FAM to vanilla everytime? I can just leave it on FAM and my char will still show up on the ladder as vanilla?

I've been chugging along. Had a ridiculous MFing spree the other night, was questing in act 5 NM and within five minutes a Jalal's, Hone Sundan, and about three other uniques dropped. Probably make a druid next with that Jalal's. Also lost an amazing pally circlet in a freak accidental reverse hotmuling incident (didn't realize I hadn't S&E'ed and tried to put it on my char). Won't make that mistake again. I'm currently having a strange problem where D2 is causing my computer to shut off entirely, so I'll be looking in to that tomorrow. If anyone else has had that happen to them and knows how to fix it, let me know.

My last update was in A2 Normal. Having some extra free time I took my sorc through Normal, finding one item I was hoping to find. It will be a huge help in keeping her resistances up to task in NM. There were no major problems, getting Blizzard at lvl 24 sped things a lot, hopefully not much will change in NM. :wave:

[highlight]Cryptica, Sorceress, level 43, A1 NM, HC Vanilla[/highlight]

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High