HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

@max - I'm running on a C2D 2.4Ghz iMac, 10.6.2 Snow Leopard, with java version 1.6.0_17 and the latest gomule obviously (for 1.13, I've taken the plunge but that's a side issue... :) ). It's definitely not something with this latest gomule version, as I tested an earlier version and had the same glitch. Interesting that you don't have the issue, I'd be curious to know what in Leo/SL or their java installs that has caused this.

@nulio - you can check what version of java you're running by typing the command:
Code:
java -version
in the terminal.

Code:
java version "1.5.0_22"

:)

Do we need to change anything to use RWM with 1.13 final? RRM is no longer needed so i will clear that from my install for sure. But didn't want to use FAM until i am sure it won't mess with things.

The RWM files from 1.13b are the same. Prior to 1.13b there was an issue with the principle rw so you'll need the newer files if you want that fix.

@maxicek:

So, incoming dumb question. I had 1.13b with your 1.13b RWM. I deleted D2 from my computer (obviously moved save folder).

Then reinstalled and patched. Looks like I'm now good on 1.13c. So, do I just use the same patch carbon from your 1.13b RWM or will that revert me back to 1.13b with RWM? Or will it keep me 1.13c just with RWM now on there?

I have no idea how the patch carbon thing works so I just want to make sure before I do anything here. :)

Input would be great.

-mwints

The RWM files from 1.13b are the same. Prior to 1.13b there was an issue with the principle rw so you'll need the newer files if you want that fix.

Thanks jjscud, I deleted my RW folder and reinstalled it using Thy's link to get rid of RRM. Then i copied DarkChaos's runes.txt in to my folder. I assume i should be done by this. Will give it a try as soon.

@maxicek:

So, incoming dumb question. I had 1.13b with your 1.13b RWM. I deleted D2 from my computer (obviously moved save folder).

Then reinstalled and patched. Looks like I'm now good on 1.13c. So, do I just use the same patch carbon from your 1.13b RWM or will that revert me back to 1.13b with RWM? Or will it keep me 1.13c just with RWM now on there?

I have no idea how the patch carbon thing works so I just want to make sure before I do anything here. :)

Input would be great.

-mwints

Installing the 1.13b RWM patc will take you back to 1.13b.
I need to make a new patch for 1.13c, I will probably do it this weekend, then I have to send it to Thy for uploading.

If you want to make a new "Ladder only" RW, stay with 1.13b for now. If you want to stay in 1.13c, all your "Ladder only" runewords will work, just don't go making any new ones.

Installing the 1.13b RWM patc will take you back to 1.13b.
I need to make a new patch for 1.13c, I will probably do it this weekend, then I have to send it to Thy for uploading.

If you want to make a new "Ladder only" RW, stay with 1.13b for now. If you want to stay in 1.13c, all your "Ladder only" runewords will work, just don't go making any new ones.

Thanks max! Figured as much. I'll just keep playing 1.13c without RWM until your updated version is out. Thanks again for doing those for us Mac users.

-mwints

A stupid question, perhaps, but I've been looking at the patch notes and can't find what is new compared to 1.13b. Anyone care to enlighten me? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but didn't want to bother everyone with a new thread for such a silly question :)

There was no change in the patch notes except the leap and charge bug fixes, but those were technically fixed in 1.13b anyways. RTB mentioned that one of the assassin synergies was messed up in 1.13b and that was fixed (Dragon claw with claw mastery iirc). But there were no real changes from 1.13b, just a tiny bit of tidying up.

Ah, I see - well good that they at least fixed some bugs...

I have another question that might be kinda stupid, but hey, that's what I'm here for ;)

I saw this in the patch notes:
"- Combo points awarded by combo moves now last 15 seconds, up from 9."

does "combo points" mean the floating balls of light coming from charge-up MA skills?

Has anyone had problems with ATMA being unable to open character files that carry a Twisted Essence of Suffering? I'm told the file is corrupt and ATMA crashes when it's about to load the item (it loads the items before it in my inventory just fine). Obviously, this makes it impossible to mule items on/off the character until the Essence is dropped.

Has anyone had problems with ATMA being unable to open character files that carry a Twisted Essence of Suffering? I'm told the file is corrupt and ATMA crashes when it's about to load the item (it loads the items before it in my inventory just fine). Obviously, this makes it impossible to mule items on/off the character until the Essence is dropped.

Silo has a fix for that, you may have to go back a few pages but its there. Or you could use GoMule its been updated for those, or you could just MP with your own char (or sneak into an MP game here) and mule them by hand to an essence mule.

BetaBlocker said:
does "combo points" mean the floating balls of light coming from charge-up MA skills?

I haven't heard them called that either but that's the only thing that makes sense.

I happened to have an assa used as a rushee with some skill points from quest rewards sitting around, a Tiger Strike charge lasts 15 seconds so that is it - but then again, like you said, nothing else made sense =)

A possibly quite obtuse question, but I'm sick still, so forgive me. How do I get rid of RRM on Mac? I thought I knew, but turns out I didn't. Thanks.

CM

Edit: So I'm obtuse, and its all set. Just ignore this.

Last edited:

I cant make RWM work for 1.13. Can anyone help me :)

I downloaded RWM file.

"C:\Program Files\Diablo II 113b\Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt

"C:\Program Files\Diablo II 113b\Runewords"

I tried everything. But it is not working. Probably missing something out. :)

I'm assuming this is your "start in" value:

Is the runes.txt file in this location:

"C:\Program Files\Diablo II 113b\Runewords\data\global\excel\runes.txt"

?

I'm assuming this is your "start in" value:

Is the runes.txt file in this location:

"C:\Program Files\Diablo II 113b\Runewords\data\global\excel\runes.txt"

?

yes it is :)

Does D2 launch with that shortcut? I'm guessing it does, but just to be sure.

If it launches then goto the "C:\Program Files\Diablo II 113b\Runewords\data\global\excel\" folder and delete all the bin files.

Then launch the game with RWM shortcut and then close it and see of the .bin files were created.

If they were created then there is a problem with the with the runes.txt file or you are testing with an incorrect runeword (like insight in a spear).

If the bin files are not there the the "start in" part of the shortcut probably has a mispelling of the actual folder names.

Try to move the "data" directory from the "Runewords" directory into the "Diablo II 113b" directory and change the "start in" value to the "Diablo II 113b" directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High