Saturated Sundaily

maareek

May 12, 2007
Saturated Sundaily

RL: Well here it is Sunday, February 32nd 1764 and I'm having a whale of a time flying around in my time machine. Hung out with Marty McFly and the Doc in the Old West for awhile, before meeting up with Professor Peabody for a flagon or two while going over the first draft of the Constitution. I think tomorrow (Wednesday, August 19th 1464) I'll go out and get a feel for life in Italy. I hear that kid Leo Da Vinci has been showing surprising talent, maybe I'll check up on him.

D2: I figured as long as I was playing around in the past I'd stop by and pick up DC's HC grail and call it my own. Acquired a certain eth Tomb Reaver from an Evil lover of Liquid druids and a Prideful polearm that may leave some guy named Ray Poutean something awful (oh hoh, too bad time travel doesn't improve the puns!) as well.

OVG: Seems with my futuristic knowledge, I managed to win the first 15 Korean SC Starleagues before retiring and living as a reclusive, but highly discussed, man about the country as the press has romantically linked me to everyone one from Seo Ji Su to Lee Hyori.

As a small personal aside, it should go without saying that I've bartered my time traveling abilities into great wealth and the fulfillment of several personal dreams. Despite what the Korean (among other) press might say, there's but one great romance in my life: that with the (never been pregnant) Jessica Alba. It's a long distance relationship, sure, but we make it work. Phone reception is a little spotty in the middle ages, but that's but a small obstacle. On the plus side, we're never more than a hop, skip and a time warp away.

Anyway, glad to check in with you guys, hope life is treating all of you well. I'll try to catch up with you all again when I'm chilling with Nero - I hear that guy throws one hell of a party!

Granted, this may not be my greatest joke ever, but after seeing Smips “accidentally†mess up the daily on multiple occassions to try to secure himself a spot in the WTF moment for 2010 competition, I felt it necessary to at least make him work for it.

Happy Thursday, everybody!

RL: It rained yesterday so, since things weren't all that dry to begin with, everything is still pretty well soaked. Work should be light, so I'll probably spend some time reading - I have way too many half read books lying around.

D2: Maybe. I'd like to put some more time in the build I'd been working on, but I don't know that it'll happen today.

See you guys tomorrow, whatever day it might be! :crazyeyes:

Re: Saturated Sundaily

Granted, this may not be my greatest joke ever, but after seeing Smips “accidentally†mess up the daily on multiple occassions to try to secure himself a spot in the WTF moment for 2010 competition, I felt it necessary to at least make him work for it.

:D And for a second I thought someone else screwed up for a change. Perhaps they'll add a category for "Most Scatterbrained" this year :p.

RL: Helping a friend of mine fix a computer and mod an Xbox. Then it's off to see the girlfriend. I've also been working on a skin for the CycloDS Evolution. You can check it out here if you're interested(and it's Zelda related! :p).

D2: Maybe in the morning if Ashmer is around.

:D And for a second I thought someone else screwed up for a change. Perhaps they'll add a category for "Most Scatterbrained" this year :p.

Haha. Or maybe we'll just all get together and buy you a calendar. ;) :tongue:

By the way, cool skin, though I admit to only checking it because you mentioned it was Zelda related. ;)

Last edited:

RL: I was going to get started on preparing a presentation, but instead have decided to get as far away from Florida as possible. Australia sounds nice...

In all seriousness, lots of work to cram in today/tomorrow morning. "Wasted" the afternoon napping, then the evening trying out different batters for shrimp and banana (not together, mind you) tempura, all the while unknowingly blasting [what is, in their eyes, bad] music out open windows towards my neighbors. :badteeth:

D2: Maybe the SP ladder will get the ball rolling again, but priorities have once again shifted for the time being.

RL: Not much. School and going out for dinner with the grandparents in the evening.

D2: Waiting for the ladder to start, and trying to get my Sorceress to be capable of Trav runs.

OVG: Final Fantasy XIII! Just finished the first disc, and I've got to say I'm loving it. It seemed a bit bland at first, but it keeps introducing new things, like Paradigm Shifts, to keep it very entertaining :)

@ Nagisa - Your musical compatibility with mizunashimode is LOW
Music you have in common includes Less Than Jake and Coldplay.

:( well, glad to see you like a couple good bands :p

Mine!

EDIT: Can someone host some kind of awesome tournament? :D I'm too anxious to wait until the ladder starts!

Last edited:

RL: Woke up at 6:45 after going to sleep at 3 AM.

D2: ---

OVG: Because I played Torchlight with Fast Eddie for 4 or 5 hours last night. We both played SP and compared notes over a skype call. It's as awesome as MP :thumbup:. I'll be playing more Torchlight today. I have 3 builds I'd like to try allready, but have to retire my current character first.

This is the Thursdaily, right?

EDIT:mad:TRM: Hey, did you get all those messages I sent you on Steam?

@Maareek: Pretty awesome write up! You were even right about August 19th 1464 begin a Wednesday! :D

RL: Some project work in the morning. Hope my teammate shows up this week.. Deadline is due next week, and I still have too much work to do. Good thing we have a day off tomorrow (Dies Natalis, anniversery of our Uni)

D2: Perhaps some Travi with my new Barb. It all depends when I'm going back home from Uni.

OVG: When I'm back at the desktop, TF2 or L4D.

Dude, Bill & Ted are totally more awesome than Marty McFly. If you are time travelling why do you want to hang around with that looser?

RL: Work as usual

D2: I should manage to get my WW/Trap assassin, Pris (no re-specced for enigma thanks to 1.13b) to level 92 tonight. Also some trav runs.

/walks into a 1960s Blue Police Phone Box, which then proceeds to vanish with a woohrrrrr, wooohrrrr noise.

Someone say hi to Dave Beethoven, Socrates Johnson and the gang for me.

RL: Got a lovely eight hours sleep, did a few chores (including tidying my room and rebooking my driving test) and even did some exercise for more than five minutes (dancing around waiting for the kettle to boil cannot be classed as exercise). Hot damn. My RSI is playing up again from too much time spent on the computer, so
I must take a break. Chores will provide such relief, to use a misnomer.

OVG: As Pijus mentioned I'm back into Torchlight big time, after dropping it during its month of release for other games. I have a L18 Barbarian on Hard mode, which is a challenge for my playstyle. Skype call quality has been terrible. I wish I had a second headset to test if it is my headset causing most of the interference. My redownload of Titan Quest has a) surprisingly finished already and b) solved the display problem I had.

Have a good Time Paradox-daily guys.

@Fast Eddie: Has the patches changed anything since a few months back in Torchlight? I played it through once with a Vanquisher, started up a Destroyer and got bored very quickly. The game just seems to shallow for me.

RL: Not much today. Work, then off to buy a chair for the kid and then chill at home with the wife. Probably wife's turn to put the kid to bed so I'll clean around the house a little and then have some time infront of the computor.

D2: Yeah, will continue my fury wolf. lvl17 so far.

OVG: Thinking of starting up Tiberian Sun. Got a sudden urge for some reason.

RL: Haven't been much on the SPF lately. Work and trying to work out a financial concept for our (future) own apartment kept me quite busy. Also, I haven't seen my gf much lately, so I'm trying to spend my free time with her.
I'm pretty tired today, but I've got only 2.5 hours left at work, so I can take a nap very soon :p Wanted to play some basketball tonight, but I think catching up some sleep instead will do just fine. ;)

D2: Last time I played has been a long time ago...with the non-beta 1.13 patch coming out soon my interest might be renewed. Still want to finish Drakensang 2 first though. And what about all those Jah-Zod runes dropping? Please spread that disease to my place!

Have a good day everyone!

P.S.: Fun read, maareek! :thumbup: *orders Back to the Future I-III*

@Stryfe: They changed enchanting, it costs more now, but unique and set items cost the same amount as normal items to enchant. Also, I think the chances for losing all mods is higher(and get higher) when you enchant.

I heard(from FE) that they nerfed Ember Lance. Other than that, don't see any big changes. I did find a spell I had never found before - poison cloud.

These thread titles are confusing the heck out of me. Cripes.

RL: At work. Ridiculously beautiful outside. Will most definitely take the motorcycle to work tomorrow. Had a short ride a week or two ago. But, that first ride is always tough with a twitchy throttle hand. Will try to keep it below 100mph but can't promise anything. :whistling:

D2: Will hope to push Twinkerbelltwo to Hell Meph tonight. Then, decisions, decisions. Do I respec her to full Blizz content to farm Meph and AT and then once my merc's gear is better and I have a huge item pool, move on and guardian her? Or do I show a tiny bit of patience, guardian her and then respec? I probably won't make it since I hate running Pindle anyways.

Make it a good one!

-mwints

@mwints: Respec her, level her on pindle (while gaining levels) and then rush through all of Act4 and act5 and guardian her.

Ok, I'll admit that when I first was looking for the daily, I saw Sunday and Monday, and I was confused. Though I did laugh at your writeup. If you get a chance, say hi to Newton for me!

RL: Work and bowling, today. Yesterday, I had a few Irish Car Bombs, relaxed with my girl, and had my brother randomly show up so I could give him a bottle of Tequila. We hung out for a bit and I showed him the new Battlefield, which he seemed to enjoy. Overall, it was fun.

D2: Not sure about it tonight. I've been having fun with my sorc, but after bowling, I'll either spend some time with the girl or play some Battlefield. If I do end up firing up the game, I'll probably be doing some P1 Hell Countess runs for XP and runes.

OVG: Battlefield was great last night. Stayed up late enough for some of the aussie contingent of my guild to hop on and tear things up. Always fun when those guys show up. Also, I set a new personal best for points in a round, so that's nice.

@Stryfe: Pijus probably mentioned the most noticeable changes they've made. I really wasn't giving it much attention even when I played it first time around, as the graphics were so pretty. I'm not the best person to ask, Pijus was playing it quite constantly since release. One thing I will mention is that the Editor is supposedly in such full force one Steam achievement for the game is having ten mods activated in one game. I can see how you may find it shallow, perhaps because of the linear nature more than anything. It is a great stopgap for those 'bored'* of D2 and waiting for D3 and those that missed out on Mythos/HGL/hated HGL etc, especially if you picked it up in the sale for ~£4.

*I know no-one ever gets bored. They just leave the game alone and come back to it. You can log off, but you can never leave, etc etc... :p

I wasn't playing it constantly, I played at release(till I finished it), then some time not too long ago for a few days, and then the last few days. I don't see how Torchlight is more linear than Diablo.

If you want to enjoy Torchlight, the fun(at least for me) is in blowing monsters to pieces with critical hits and the various skills. In Diablo2(again, for me) it's about getting the highrunes and the loot. I'm in a mood of liking Torchlight.

D2: Finished normal with my sorceress, I've been seeing lots of pretty greens and golds dropping since I've managed to get her mf to 174% (227% if the dummy gets the kill). Baal dropped the spectral blade and a string of ears, and likely just going to put them into my ever growing stash of 4 uniques. I've also managed to find my first unique ring (since restarting) and it was a nagelring that is now one of my two rings. Although I play softcore, I've had a few near death experiences (worst was against Lister and his crew) but I have not died yet! I'm thinking of rerunning baal a few times (until the exp gets worse) in a hope of getting some nice new upgrades to my gear.

@ maareek: incredible display of imagination with this daily :thumbsup:

RL: Still looking for a new house as my old university roomate group is disbanding.

D2: About to start ActIV normal with a new char.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High