1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Re: 1.13 Public Test Realm online!

How big is this? I can connect to b.net no problem, but when I try to DL the patch it's really slow or I get d/c. Now at 4% after 20 minutes.

Maybe someone can zip up and upload the files :)

I doubt jjscud will even bother doing the research (and I hope he doesn't, just to make things a little more fun), as the drop rates are so high now, you can just play the game to get runes. Cows and Travincal most likely blow LK out of the water when it comes to high runes in 1.13b anyways.

For anyone who does want the LK patterns, maybe just research the old fashioned way ^^
It also means HF rushing should be dead too. Can I just get an estimate of how rare runes around Ber and Jah are in 1.13b, compared to the rare uniques? Are Zods more common than Tyraels now?

I will probably never move more than my sorceress to 1.12a+ versions. The big chance of getting HR's doesn't (atm) feel completely right. In 1.12a and lower versions we had to fight for runes even in LK (1:65536 (11k runs, 3k for Lo, Sur or Ber)) but in 1.13a+ the special feeling of finding a HR will probably fade.

They need to make a good change in the final to win Natalya over ;)

It also means HF rushing should be dead too. Can I just get an estimate of how rare runes around Ber and Jah are in 1.13b, compared to the rare uniques? Are Zods more common than Tyraels now?

The odds are still a bit worse from uniques:

1 : 436058 Tyrael's Might - {qlvl 87} Throne of Destruction - {mlvl 88}
1 : 744254 Zod Rune - {qlvl 69} Throne of Destruction - {mlvl 88}

but all monsters in areas that can drop tyrael's can drop a zod it technically it will be a good bit more common

The odds are still a bit worse from uniques:

1 : 436058 Tyrael's Might - {qlvl 87} Throne of Destruction - {mlvl 88}
1 : 744254 Zod Rune - {qlvl 69} Throne of Destruction - {mlvl 88}

but all monsters in areas that can drop tyrael's can drop a zod it technically it will be a good bit more common
Alright, thanks. Maybe this means it'll be worth remaking a cow runner.

Alright, thanks. Maybe this means it'll be worth remaking a cow runner.

It's definitely worth it. Assuming 450 cows in the cow level, a full clear (p7) will yield a rune Ist or above every 45 runs, or a rune Vex or above every 71 runs.

For the pit (p7), assuming 175 monsters per run, expect and Ist+ every 175 runs, or a Vex+ every 275 runs.

Are Zods more common than Tyraels now?

Yes, a lot more common. Assuming 175 monsters as above, and 8 uniques per pit run at 350% MF, you will find 5-8 Zods in the Pit (at p7) before you will find Tyrael's. It quite amuses me now, that Zod is only slightly rarer than Templar's Might when running p7 Pits.

Expect at least a Zod drop every week in the item find thread.

Last edited:

I'm still playing 1.11 I think. But hey, in ten years of playing this game I've gotten one Vex and a couple of Guls at Hellforge drops. So ten times zero rune drops equals no difference to me.

Did you look at the 1.13-1.10 rune drop table? The drop chances are drastically greater. Its not just "ten times zero". Heck, finding a Ber rune now is roughly just as difficult as finding an Um in 1.10. That is a huge difference.

I will probably never move more than my sorceress to 1.12a+ versions. The big chance of getting HR's doesn't (atm) feel completely right. In 1.12a and lower versions we had to fight for runes even in LK (1:65536 (11k runs, 3k for Lo, Sur or Ber)) but in 1.13a+ the special feeling of finding a HR will probably fade.

Yes, because it is inconceivably cheap that players now have a good chance of acquiring high runes without opening the same set of 6 chests thousands of times.:scratchhead:

People can cry out "cheap" or "too easy" all they want, but I think think these new drop odds were needed.

The rune drop changes are cool and the 4x decrease in the number of rolls to drop to a lower rune tier has interesting effects.

1.13b Rune drop odds when rolling from a [highlight]Zod capable monster[/highlight].
Code:
Rune        1.13b Chance (1 in X)        1.10 Chance (1 in X)
Zod            5171.0            82722.0
Cham            1981.4            23637.3
Jah            1320.9            15758.2
Ber            1475.8            13510.7
Sur            983.9            9007.1
Lo            1091.4            7723.0
Ohm            727.6            5148.6
Vex            766.5            4415.6
Gul            511.0            2943.7
Ist            540.4            2525.7
Mal            360.3            1683.8
Um            367.6            1445.8
Pul            245.0            963.8
Lem            186.3            725.4
Fal            124.2            483.6
Ko            95.8            365.2
Lum            63.8            243.5
Io            50.5            185.1
Hel            33.7            123.4
Dol            28.1            95.1
Shael            18.7            63.4
Sol            16.8            50.2
Amn            11.2            33.5
Thul            13.0            30.7
Ort            8.7            20.5
Ral            13.0            21.5
Tal            8.7            14.3
Ith            18.6            17.9
Eth            12.4            11.9
Nef            26.0            12.5
Tir            17.4            8.4
Eld            65.1            7.0
El            43.4            4.6
Those are some significant improvements for high runes. I think I will actually get to make a Beast rather than quitting in the attempt. :D

Woohoo! I can do more crafting because Ral's are more common.

Even with these chances for El runes my 1300 or whatever El runes stashed away are still useless. :p
Does this mean that you can expect at least ~lem from every cow run?

@skoolbus even a 1:2 chance means you can go thousands of runs and get nothing. I've done several cow runs today and best rune was an Ort. So your odds are better but you can never expect anything.

I believe these higher rune drops make all sense in Single Player. However it will turn battle.net silly.

I'm a bit suspicious about the accuracy of these numbers, or at least they haven't been taken from regular monsters. Because if that was the case, a Zod should drop statistically every ~13 cow runs, considering about 400 cows per run. That certainly can't be right.

Edit: Unless it means a 1:5171 chance per rune dropped. That would actually make more sense.

I believe these higher rune drops make all sense in Single Player. However it will turn battle.net silly.

Quite the opposite I think. bnetters have been relying on dupped runes for ages and have not turned rune hunting into an art as we have. Add to that the (theoretically) regular resets and this sounds about right for bnet.

:scratchchin:

More silly than the current dupe-fest that is battle.net?

edit: pwned by jjscud

If you add those up, it looks like (I haven't done it) they add up to 1:1 so that would be the odds of any rune once the monster decides to drop a rune in the first place.

I just did three cowruns. In the two first, I found five set items, and NO runes. The next, Shael, Ith from cows, then VEX from a rock in the cow level. Going to do a few more to see if I can get a HR from a monster for once.

Has anyone tried running the new patch with a modified d2gfx.dll yet? I'm getting an "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)" when I use the .dll from the 1.13a beta.

Ask and you shall receive. Here's a link to my original post with the location of my modified 1.13b D2gfx.dll.

[highlight]Warning:[/highlight] This has not yet been approved by mods. I'm sending for approval right now. It's the standard 74->EB change.

It would be mighty nice if someone with complete understanding could sum up what are the changes in the new patch... as opposed to 1.12. I feel confused.

1. Higher chances for high rune drops ( along with decrease in lower runes drops )
2. ....

I know it's probably a lot to ask.

Additionally - is reverting back to 1.12 will be possible by install or only by some copy/paste of backed up Diablo folder?

EDIT. OK it seems that changing the realm back to Battle.net Europe or something other than Classic Beta should get me back to 1.12... I think...

@mattinm: Thanks! I knew it was a simple change and I remember reading a post somewhere on this forum that explained where to change what for each patch version. If I had bookmarked it, I probably could've done it myself :).

@mattinm: Thanks! I knew it was a simple change and I remember reading a post somewhere on this forum that explained where to change what for each patch version. If I had bookmarked it, I probably could've done it myself :).

Twas in my TrenShadow guide, but the mods (and me, after further consideration), decided that it was a little too invasive to have floating around, so it got pruned. It was always supposed to be a temporary thing, anyway, until I got full permissions to post my versions of the modified dll's.

Good thing I kept all the offsets in my own version of the file though. It makes knowing what to search for much easier.

Ah, I see. Then it got removed quite recently, I guess? I'm sure I saw it sometime last month. Anyway, thanks again!

Also... just so we are clear - do we still need the RWM/RRM?

I would guess that RRM is kinda obsolete now... what about RWM?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High