Nightmare on Community Street Part 13! Mafia Forum Game if

Re: Nightmare on Community Street Part 13! Mafia Forum Game

I'm replying to what I think needs replying to - I want to see if anyone else has something they think I should reply to.

~Hey

Missed out on most of the day since I tend to spend my weekend away from computers...will be around later and tomorrow.

So...crap, lost our doctor. Thought the way Jason played it didn't leave us much choice. Surprised there's no pressure for an Ankeli lynch considering the general mood around Jason's lynch.

@Ankeli - interested in hearing what put Hey on your "likely townie" list?

@Ankeli - interested in hearing what put Hey on your "likely townie" list?

Even though somewhat passive and absent on d1 and d2, he was mostly against the Jason lynch as I recall it. Let's say he's the one I'm least certain about.

One odd thing about the mafia kills is that ZArniwoop still lives. Noodle, why did you not kill him, he's a rather confirmed townie after all?

Because I'm not mafia.

Claiming that only one night kill is the result of me flying from Michigan to LA is the most ridiculous assertion I've ever read. Have any of you actually flown before? It takes considerably less time than the 24 hour duration of a night in this game. In my case, I landed in LA about three hours after the day ended, which would have given me 21 hours to send a private message had I been mafia. I assure you I am quite capable of sending a single private message in far less than 21 hours.

And Zarniwoop, I didn't accuse you of anything. In these games I feel it is worth exploring any possible explanation for events, and I introduced a possible hypothesis in this spirit. Attampting to squelch open and frank discussion is quite suspicious.

Noammr, if I count correctly, you added your vote to Jason after the matter had been decided. That is classic mafia behavior, dog piling on a confirmed lynch in order to appear townie. Any comments?

Hey, no offense, but you don't contribute at all.

We don't want to tell you what to reply to. We just want you to have an opinion occasionally.

Any thoughts on Hey and Laarz from people?
Personally to me they just seem to be floating on by

Not wrong. I first mentioned that Laarz might have been imitating a post restriction to sneak through the days without posting anything substantial. It'd certainly be a useful strategy as a SK/Mafia to be honest because no-one has batted an eye.

Hey has mentioned that he is playing 3 consecutive games so he is probably having trouble keeping track. Still, that would be more his issue than ours, or even a front in and of itself.

Surprised there's no pressure for an Ankeli lynch considering the general mood around Jason's lynch.

With the way he's been playing in some cases it works out well for the town to put pressure on people, but in other cases (eg yesterday) that pressure can be too much and result in a lynch of another townie. It seems today he's doing to the same thing, but who knows, perhaps he could be right this time.

Still, as someone who appears to have pretty good control over the game it does make you wonder, and I think it'd definitely be worthwhile to interrogate him abit...

One odd thing about the mafia kills is that ZArniwoop still lives. Noodle, why did you not kill him, he's a rather confirmed townie after all

Some questions for your Ankeli:
Out of interest sake, why do you think Zarniwoop would have been killed at night by now? Why does having a status of confirmed townie mean he should be prioritized by whoever the mafia/SK is? Technically, if there is only 1 group of mafia (as you suggest) then don't they already have a good idea of all the confirmed townies anyway? It seems an odd reason for you to mention.

On that note, if you do believe that Zarniwoop should have been killed by now, then it must be a surprise to you that he isn't? What does that make you think about Zarniwoop?

Finally flubbucket, ITY also fingered towards Ankeli as well (eg http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7367482&postcount=207), as you kind of mentioned, but you think that he is the village idiot? It seems to me that he is controlling this game quite well to be honest, and quite interesting that you pass him off very quickly.

Orphan said:
Hey has mentioned that he is playing 3 consecutive games so he is probably having trouble keeping track. Still, that would be more his issue than ours, or even a front in and of itself.

Not that I'm having trouble, I just tend not to post much (I really should try and change that).

Anyways, had to go to some stupid birthday party at some funland thing, and the site was down when I got back. Just gonna quickly finish up what I'm doing now and then finish reading this over.

~Hey

Ankeli said:
The people who appear pro-town to me after this last lynch are Zarniwoop, Hey, Laarz and Noammr. I'd look for the mafia among the rest of us.

Actually, I'd like to know why I made this list too. I've not been acting pro-town at all, as far as I can tell. Why would I be on it for just being against the lynch of the doctor (which I don't actually remember voicing an opinion on)? I voted him, I helped lynch him, I made a mistake, and I really don't think I should be on a "These people are townies" list right now. I've been lurking, I've not been contributing, I helped take down one of the towns power roles, which I did on evidence that, now that I think about it, was a stretch.

Now, I realize I probably didn't make a good case for myself there, but I want to town to explore all the possibilities, and not write someone off as town, especially if that someone is lurking a lot, on something you're not even sure about.

flubbucket said:
And as much as I would love to lynch the real village idiot, it would only be punitive and not be born of logic at this point

Are you saying there is a "fake" village idiot, which could perhaps be trying to live 'till the end (survivor type role?), or are you saying that you know who the VI is, if indeed there is one? Or was it just a "random" phrase you threw out there?

Ankeli said:
One odd thing about the mafia kills is that ZArniwoop still lives. Noodle, why did you not kill him, he's a rather confirmed townie after all?

If the scum killed him, we'd still have the same amount of non-confirmed people, and they'd have a wasted night kill. I doubt they're going to waste a night kill on him, at this point, honestly.

Or he could be part of a scum team, and gotten an ability to go with it (sort of like a mafia roleblocker), which is he hasn't been killed yet?

Honestly, I think the first idea is more likely, at this point.

Noodle said:
Because I'm not mafia.

But you could be a SK, could you not? Mafia does not cover all scum, as I pointed out before.

~Hey

The zarniwoop thing is just what I would have done as mafia. I'd certainly killed him rather than ITY last night, as that'd be one vote, one vote that's hard to contradict, less. It would also have left ITY around to pursue my lynch, which I selfisly expected to happen today. Killing ITY instead has allowed me personally to slip off the hook of sorts, and risks killing one of them instead. I do think we are on the right track with Noodle so it's going to backfire to them now.

About Hey, like I said, it's just a vibe and the little actions he's done, but I still trust him over, say someone like Ivan at the moment.

To clarify, I do not think Ankeli is the Village Idiot (perhaps the village arrogant??). I was making a snide comment referencing a previous post when he was accusing me of such behavior…nuff said.

I don’t necessarily pass Ankeli off quickly as pro-town, his play style is an excellent cover for mafia behavior. But not enough to raise suspicion level above others, yet. I also find Laarz to be flying under the radar regardless of the speech restriction.
Laarz, like you gotta gimme something or I’m gonna have to start making pee-pee references and you know how Ankeli feels about that…

...has me laughing in tears and leaking pee into my pants...

Hey-- thanks for the input.

Noodle, I read your comment regarding Noammr, fascinating! Well played…

Oh, forgot to answer Orphan's question about what I think about Zarniwoop. I'd never cast my vote on him, that's what I think. If anyone should try to undermine him, I'd stamp them as an instant mafia member.

I don't think we got 1 nk due to anything Noodle did, at this point I'm inclined to believe we're looking at a single mafia faction.

Noammr, if I count correctly, you added your vote to Jason after the matter had been decided. That is classic mafia behavior, dog piling on a confirmed lynch in order to appear townie. Any comments?

How exactly does joining the lynch of the town's doctor make me look more like a townie?
I voted because I didn't want a no-lynch due to someone changing his vote and wasn't sure if Jason was locked (got some loading problems with these forums and my requests for a vote tally went unanswered).

@Orphan - with my earlier comment on Ankeli no getting any heat, I wasn't saying he needs to be lynched - I've said before that I find little reason to suspect Ank concerning his attitude towards Jason.I do find it unsettling that the mafia don't seem to be trying to play on yesterday's lynch in order to push for Ankeli's lynch.

Need to focus on today's lynch - so far it's 3 votes for Noodle (Flubby, Ankeli, Zarni), I'm all for letting Ankeli live another day but I'm not convinced about Noodle just yet...very worried by the number of low-key players alive (Hey, Laarz, even Ivan is pretty quite)

Btw, flubby's posts today are surprisingly coherent compared to his earlier ones, far better this way.

I don't think we got 1 nk due to anything Noodle did, at this point I'm inclined to believe we're looking at a single mafia faction.

What about the SK hints, hinting towards Hannibal Lecter? The past 2 nights the people have been feasted on, and there's really no one else that fits the description of "sleek and discreet" type of eating the people that have died. After night 1, Zhao's fingers were being eaten á la fondue, and now last night ITY's brain was picked on.

I agree, there's only one mafia faction, but last nights kill was definately the doings of a serial killer.

I do find it unsettling that the mafia don't seem to be trying to play on yesterday's lynch in order to push for Ankeli's lynch.

I can be useful for them if I chase the wrong targets, pro-town people. I reckon that ends overnight if Noodle goes down and is revealed to be scum.

But you could be a SK, could you not? Mafia does not cover all scum, as I pointed out before.

~Hey

True, though I don't suspect we have any more SK people to be honest. I believe there used to be an SK and a Mafia group, but the SK (Bad Ash) was fortunately removed, without killing anyone to boot. It's the only way to explain two attacks on night 0, and then a single attack each night there after. If there is two additional killing groups (either 1+ more SK members, or another SK + mafia) then they must have targeted the same people on the latter two nights, which is pretty unlikely. Yes, there were two deaths on night 1 (TC and Zhao) but that appears to be accounted for with Gorny's claim.

In conjunction to the above, it is for this reason that I don't hold much faith into ruling those that voted for Bad Ash as being townies. If Bad Ash was indeed an SK, then he had no allegiances anyway, and no-one would have any compunction of voting for him, be they townie or otherwise.

Zarniwoop is probably the only exception to this group as it's highly unlikely that the hosts would have thrown a mafia/SK into the game that also had a secondary ability to view the events of a night too. I'm not going to 100% rule it out, but almost everyone here ranks higher than him on the untrusted scale.

I forgot about this before, but thanks for reminding me on this

I'm glad you others share my concern about noodle, only one kill when he's gone is allmost too convenient. Maybe we have our sk right here.

If Noodle was the SK as you suggest, then what happened on night 1 where TC and Zhao were killed? Gorny admitted to killing Zhao, so there was only 1 other death which was TC's? This is discounting the lovers theory too, which is a possibility as well.

Preview Edit:
What about the SK hints, hinting towards Hannibal Lecter? The past 2 nights the people have been feasted on, and there's really no one else that fits the description of "sleek and discreet" type of eating the people that have died. After night 1, Zhao's fingers were being eaten á la fondue, and now last night ITY's brain was picked on.

I agree, there's only one mafia faction, but last nights kill was definately the doings of a serial killer.

Do you think there is only 1 SK left, or multiple SK? If last nights kill was SK related, then what do you think the mafia were doing last night?

I do find it unsettling that the mafia don't seem to be trying to play on yesterday's lynch in order to push for Ankeli's lynch.

What are your thoughts behind why the Mafia might not be aiming for a lynch today with Ankeli?

I'll be heading to bed soon, but I want to cast a vote before I do (one thing which sucks about being in Australia is that I miss out on 1/4 of a days discussion :/. I'm all for lynching Noodle if the arguments are valid, though to be honest it's abit of a toss up between him and Ankeli at the moment. I'll spend abit more time tonight re-reading Noodles previous posts and post a vote before heading off.

About Hey, like I said, it's just a vibe and the little actions he's done, but I still trust him over, say someone like Ivan at the moment.

LOL - geee thanks ankeli remind me to post hardly anything in subsequent games to just gain your trust.

After reading people's comments so far my vote is going on Laarz. He's not done anything of use, if I have to change it to secure a lynch later fair enough but I feel we would be making a mistake to let someone live who has contributed nothing.

Vote: Laarz

Vote: Ankeli

I started thinking about this with the doctor lynch at the end of the last day, and some things just don't add up, including (but not limited to):

- Yes, you voted for Bad Ash at the start with the intent of lynching both him and Jason, but if my theory is correct and Bad Ash was a separate SK (which explains the two attacks night 0, and only 1 attack every other night except for Zhao that Gorny claimed credit for) then it's entirely possible you were never part of Bad Ash's faction, and therefore voted with ease.
- ITY was all over you, and if he had been left alive it would probably have lead the your lynching today, yet with his death it appears you're sliding through today with barely a notice. Pretty nice setup. Reverse Psychology?
- You seem to indicate that the mafia is going to present in the people that voted for Jason yesterday, yet we have an almost confirmed townie included in that list (Zarniwoop), which you yourself admit as a townie (probably through necessity). If there is one confirmed townie in that lynch session, then why not others?
- The apparent control you have at the moment is quite disarming to be honest, which combined with the fact that you have yet to be NK'd is interesting to say the least. It feels like the Mafia/SK could really benefit from having you gone, unless of course they enjoy your company.
- Essentially some of the arguments you have made to designate someone as anti-town appear to be a stretch at best. It feels like something to add some basis to the vote and get other people on board, hoping that they don't read too much into it.

Both Laarz and Hey are also on my suspicion list, though they can wait until tomorrow. I'm all for a lynch today, and if you guys decide that Noodle is that person then so be it. Any information is good, and hopefully he turns up anti-town, but alot of things just don't sit right for me with Ankeli.

If Noodle does turn up anti-town then I'll reassess my thoughts on Ankeli, but if Ankeli turns up anti-town then it has the possibility of impacting my thoughts on alot of people whom he suspects as mafia/sk and as townie. In my opinion, I stand to gain alot more knowledge from working the latter out than the former.

I don't hold thinking that way against you Orphan, it's the logical conclusion to come to. But as I've said, I'm pro-town, and the reason why I think I'm still alive is that I'm as much help to the mafia as I am to the town depending on the person who I'm after.

Why won't you buy the serial killer being in the game? True, there'd have to have been 2 factions targetting the same person overnight for a kill, but last nights description fits that too. Hannibal dined first, then poor ITY was mutilated after Mr. Lecter was done with him.

I think we have it right with Noodle though.

Btw, flubby's posts today are surprisingly coherent compared to his earlier ones, far better this way.

But boring...I never get to have any fun :(

I don't hold thinking that way against you Orphan, it's the logical conclusion to come to. But as I've said, I'm pro-town, and the reason why I think I'm still alive is that I'm as much help to the mafia as I am to the town depending on the person who I'm after.

Why won't you buy the serial killer being in the game? True, there'd have to have been 2 factions targetting the same person overnight for a kill, but last nights description fits that too. Hannibal dined first, then poor ITY was mutilated after Mr. Lecter was done with him.

I think we have it right with Noodle though.

So quiet and so humble...strange :ponder:

Vote: Ankeli

- ITY was all over you, and if he had been left alive it would probably have lead the your lynching today, yet with his death it appears you're sliding through today with barely a notice. Pretty nice setup. Reverse Psychology?

- The apparent control you have at the moment is quite disarming ...

but alot of things just don't sit right for me with Ankeli. ...

There is much to consider here. Reverse Psychology indeed...there does seem to be a scent of something in the air.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High