Fridaily

Trim

Oct 28, 2007
Fridaily

RL: I'm not even going to bother talking about the personal stuff today. :weep:

Day five at work. I've got stuff to do afterward. Two bills to pay. Thinking about getting a haircut, which would mean I'd lose a third of the length minimum. Also thinking about just shaving it all off. If I feel like a mental patient, I may as well look like one. :crazy:

No idea what the weekend has in store for me. Frankly, even if the GF and I manage to patch up this BS, our anniversary tomorrow won't be the grand celebration I had hoped for.

edit: editx2: I took this out. It made me look like a real jerk, but it goes a lot deeper than what I've shared in the dailies. Just wish me luck when I go see her tonight.

D2: I needed some distraction REALLY badly yesterday, so I picked up where I left off with my Poisonmancer. He's now reached the Outer Cloister in Hell, so he's free to do Pit runs. I'll probably make a thread aimed toward those that have Pit-running Poisonmancers later today 'cuz I'd like some gear suggestions.

Someone, please have a great weekend for the both of us!!

Last edited:
Re: Fridaily

RL: Late afternoon class today, so I won't be heading to bed for a while yet. I managed to write 1.5 papers out of 7 due by Dec 10, so that's good. I'll probably churn one or more out a night and go revise them. I'd prefer to just get this over with. It's enjoyable, but I feel like it's the same questions over and over again. Pre-industrial empires vs democracies (aka Athens) and why they failed and/or worked.

D2: Done with Andy and MFing in general... for a couple days. Now that I have the 2 SoJs, the Blova is finally being created. I figure there isn't any stat-placement difference between Full Tals and Griff/DFathom, so she'll be a tal-ress until I trade for (or find... come on pindle) the other two.

mattinm: 7 papers? :crazyeyes: What kind of word/page length are we talking about here?

RL: Got an A on today's exam apparently. My inner perfectionist isn't too happy, but it'll do. On a side note, looking into manga (of any sort, really) to pick up for reading during breaks in the class schedule, or down time in lab, since it's a tad easier to pause and restart at will. (A great student, I is. :p.) Any suggestions?

D2: More /p3 CS runs. The deaths to IM will probably be reduced over time, but the inability to tank FE, CE, or Diablo with regularity is a bit of a problem. 500 life and moderate resistances will do that, I suppose. Spare Harpoonist's of Vita, anyone? :p.

@nagi: Mostly 3-4, but one 20. I've got most of the outlines done and all quotations highlighted in the text, I just need to man up and write them. I might actually finish some while I spam the forums ;).

RL: Checking my email and skype to see if Dune write/comes online.

D2: HC, if/when I hear from Dune.

OVG: Various.

@TRM: Seriously? You replied in a serious voice, Do I? What about hysterically glad voice screaming SURE!!! She asked you to come over, and it sounds to me like you asked yourself if you want to come over. She's not just going to stop loving you out of the blue. If she doesn't respond she may be sleeping/busy at the time.

IMO, you should stop worrying about drifting away and stuff, and instead spend time with her.

RL: Got a medical report yesterday, i'll rest for 3 days. Which means i'm totally free to do whatever i want. Maybe i can go to do movie. I love you doc lol

D2: Did not i said i can do whatever i want? I surely want playing D2. My lk runs waiting for me

RL: Last day of new instruction for the quarter. We'll have a week of review after the break before final exams.

D2: Barb has offed NM Andy and gotten the skill up quest done in Act II. Think I'll run Andy for a couple levels. Whirlwind is much more fun than Berzerk was. Considering my options on it... currently 2x 1handed, but 2handed or 1h+shield are also posibilities. He seems to do fine with his current set up though. What's the consensus on which mode is best?

I prefer 2x one handed. More hits, more awesome. I also recommend you ignore what people say about range. Unless you have a godly range 5 weapon. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter. My weapons are range 3, and it makes no difference.

You could go with weapon+shield, but IMO that's sacrificing a little too much killspeed for the safety. I assume you know this, but can't hurt to mention: get lwbp(last whirlwind break point) weapons. I can post a link to a very good guide about WW.

RL: I don't have one of those. I'm an unemployed cripple waiting for the winter college semester to begin. PA day, so my daughter's at home, so likely no D2 until tonight.

D2: So I started that Amazon, the first Javazon I've ever played IIRC. Two days ago, actually. And omg, is LF ever overpowered (though the eth Titan's may have something to do with that). Anyway, I love it. I ran through Normal quickly, hitting Eldritch at clvl 25 after a long, painful Diablo fight. Ran up to 40 in a couple of hours (moving up to /p8 when things got easy), Pindle to 50 (by then I was doing /p8 runs in two shots), and now she's in late A3 Nightmare. Should be able to finish that off tonight and make Guardian by Monday, if it takes that long. Deaths so far: Zero. Of course, I really don't want her to die now, as I only have that one ethereal Titan's.

If only the sorc had been that easy. :D She didn't have a bunch of gg gear waiting for her to hit the right level, though.

@TRM: It seems you dug yourself into a bigger hole. Best of luck in fixing the situation.

@mattinm: Where do you get the motivation to start 3 weeks in advance? :scratchchin:

RL: Got an A on today's exam apparently. My inner perfectionist isn't too happy, but it'll do. On a side note, looking into manga (of any sort, really) to pick up for reading during breaks in the class schedule, or down time in lab, since it's a tad easier to pause and restart at will. (A great student, I is. :p.) Any suggestions?

Congrats on the A (eek, you wanted an A+?!). Are you done exams yet? What's with this awful exam everyday thing? Also, have you read Yatsuba!?

RL: Dentist --> catch up on 20 hours of class --> ??? --> Profit!

D2: Not unless someone hosts something.

[edit] Ooooh, post #4999. I'll need to stop posting until I find something worthy of 5000. :D

@TRM: I can only second what others said...best of luck!

RL: Went to have breakfast with a friend this morning, then 3 hours on the phone and now browsing the forums. Will probably take a nap soon, because I've only slept for about 4-5 hours tonight: Some of my fellow students had their final exams yesterday, so we went out till 2:30 a.m. My gf had to get up at 7 though, and I had to go home to change clothes (smell of smoke and sweat from disco isn't what I usually want around me when having breakfast).

D2: My Obsession barb will soon meet NM Andy!! Yay! Since poison is my obsession, my poison resists are actually pretty good - should be an easy - if protracted - fight.

[edit] Ooooh, post #4999. I'll need to stop posting until I find something worthy of 5000. :D
omg dupes runes! Hah! Now you'll have to post an answer or everyone will think you're a cheater :p :wink:

@TRM: Best of Luck, and keep your chin up!

RL: NaNo Day. No job hunting, no food, no shower, and no Hulu until I reach and breach 38K, and no sleep tonight until I hit 40K+. Yep.

D2: see above.

RL: Going to work early so a colleague can get an early start on his holiday week. I suspect I'll be at work all weekend also. So other than work, no RL for me.

D2: Frenzy barb. He's cruising through NM with minimal effort, but I can see resists being an issue in Hell, so I'll have to figure that out. Also plan to Pat my IK barb. He needs to rescue Anya in Hell, and then finish, so it shouldn't take too long.

Have a good weekend.

mattinm: I've got to agree with omg there. It's not even the night before/morning of yet, and you've already made such preparations? :D.

omg: Such a full plate, and still hoping for MP? :p. About exams, wouldn't you rather have a bunch? Means that each is weighted less, plus there's less material. :). Yotsuba&! (assuming that's what you meant) looks really cute by the way, so gg.

J6G: Good luck! Sleep is for the weak anyway. :crazyeyes:

Thanks guys. My fear may have been unjustified (we'll find out tonight), but if you knew why I became angry you might side with me. ...Maybe not. :crazyeyes:

Regardless, now that she's finally talked to me I'm much calmer. I'm crossing my fingers for tonight. We'll have a rational conversation and see what's what.

So I had a couple bills to pay today. While I was out, I bought a locket for the GF that I'll give her tonight. It will be an appropriate day-early-surprise-&-glad-we-made-up anniversary gift OR a remember-me-fondly gift.

And I also got that haircut. I lost 80+% of the length. And I told no one in RL about it, so the people who see me regularly will be pretty shocked, I bet. The GF, especially. I hate it, of course, but I didn't really like my longer hair either so it doesn't matter much anyway.

@nagi and omg: Finishing papers now = even longer winter break, at least in my mind :). I'm usually a procrastinator, but not this time. And with regards to tests, I'd *much* prefer fewer tests, even one, but that's because I'm an excellent test taker and an extremely lazy homework guy; I prefer tests to be 90% or more of my grade.

@TRM: Good luck tonight, mate! In honour of your lost hair, I vow to not cut mine for another 6 months.

@mattinm: I like tests way more than homework too. How exactly did you get yourself to not procrastinate? I never could get that down.

RL: The weekend beckons...It should hopefully be a good one. Sunday I'll attend my last Rams game for the season. My dad has already sold the rest, so extra Xmas money FTW :thumbsup:

D2: Made Oath in a Scourge and switched out Schaefer's on my Frenzier and I immediately had more fun, attack speed going from 2 Baezil's Vortex ot Stormlas/Schaefer's seemed so slow. So I spent some runes and at least it feels faster and I think he looks better with 2 scourges instead of the ugly hammer...

If I get a chance I'll breeze thru act 4 (IM be damned) or maybe rearrange some charms and GF at the council, he waxed them last night and the spawn is similar to that of Fabian's video.

OVG: Mindless Flash games whilst watching Fringe, Dexter and who knows what else on DVR with the better half.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

@TRM - Good Luck!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High