best way to hit 200 fcr

whitejack

Banned
Nov 18, 2009
best way to hit 200 fcr

hi mates,

i'm going to run lk chests and i thought 200 fcr would make things faster.

Here is my actual gear. if any of you have any advice, time to say that out loud :D

head gear: rare with 20fcr+30frw+18res all
ammy: crafted ammy 20fcr
weapon: wizzy(75res + extreme fcr)
armor: vipermagi( 34res + fcr)
shield: lidless (spirit could be better option but i dont have that much str)
gloves: magefist, trangs (havent decided, depends on my CR)
belt: arach
boot: sanders ( +dex to gear wizzy, frw for the town runs)
both rings : fcr rings

it makes 200 fcr
if i put p.diamond in lidless my resist will also be 75.
so any ideas, helps?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Re: best way to hit 200 fcr

barbs with 200 fcr are also pretty fun.
that needs:
enigma for teleport
dual wizzy = 100 fcr
rare circlet = 20 fcr
arach = 20 fcr
2 fcr rings = 20 fcr
magefist = 20 fcr
crafted ammy= 20 fcr
for a total of 200 fcr

he also runs fast with his Increased Speed skill and also can use skills like Find Item.
he can use war cry to stun and let the merc kill stuff. specializing in war cry can actually be pretty good. I have a war cry barb that does key runs pretty efficient

barbs with 200 fcr are also pretty fun.
that needs:
enigma for teleport
dual wizzy = 100 fcr
rare circlet = 20 fcr
arach = 20 fcr
2 fcr rings = 20 fcr
magefist = 20 fcr
crafted ammy= 20 fcr
for a total of 200 fcr

he also runs fast with his Increased Speed skill and also can use skills like Find Item.
he can use war cry to stun and let the merc kill stuff. specializing in war cry can actually be pretty good. I have a war cry barb that does key runs pretty efficient

this is the aim of my lk runs. Making an enigma :) lol. Then singer mf'er barb.

Your setup is fine for LK running, since you won't be killing very often anyways. If you were looking to take the 200 FCR elsewhere then working a Spirit into the mix can add a little flexibility for getting more power elsewhere (HotO > Wizzy, etc). But power's not very important for LK.

By the way, a Hel rune is a nice socket for a Wizardspike - it'll lower the dex requirement down to 60.

If this is SP and you feel like doing some 1.07 racking, you can look for a Nightwing's Veil there which gets 30% FCR from the headgear slot. That gives some flexibility elsewhere, for example the amulet where 20% is very hard to get could now be a standard FCR amulet.

Edit: indeed, Valkyrie Wing, not Nightwing's Veil- I had my wings mixed up, sorry for my confusion!

Last edited:

If this is SP and you feel like doing some 1.07 racking, you can look for a Nightwing's Veil there which gets 30% FCR from the headgear slot. That gives some flexibility elsewhere, for example the amulet where 20% is very hard to get could now be a standard FCR amulet.

1.07 Valkyrie Wing is definitely an option (I don't think 1.07 Nightwing's has 30 FCR). I found my 2nd last night.

But I wouldn't say crafting a 20 FCR amulet is that difficult... every crafted caster amulet that spawns with the 'of the Apprentice' suffix has a 1/6 chance of having 20 FCR. Unless you're already set up for 1.07, I'm positive that I'd rather take my chances on crafting amulets with an already-established 1.12 character than starting from scratch and running racks in 1.07 again.

Also, I wouldn't say 200 FCR is a critical endeavor for LK anyways if you have trouble getting the necessary gear. I do have the gear, but I'd estimate that extra FCR only saves me about 0.75 seconds per ~40 second run (I pick up a lot of crap, so my runs are relatively slow). That makes a difference over thousands of runs, but not much of one - not enough to justify delaying your project to wait until you've got all of the gear.

I do have a gear, the ones i wrote are my current gear so finding ammy or such not a problem.

valkyrie wing could be an option if i was not against such king of tricks. I dont like carrying such powerfull items, it makes me feel uncomfortable :)

Thanks for the Hel rune advice tho. I did not think that.

I know 200 fcr is not that critical but i want to feel that i'm running as fastest as i can :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High