My first Guardian: OrbBall, the MFing Failure

Anaesthesia

Jul 9, 2008
My first Guardian: OrbBall, the MFing Failure

TL;DR ALERT!

The Borings
So, Guardian #1 is in the bag. Not bad, considering I started playing HC in...April, maybe? Don't get me wrong, I've stopped for a few weeks a couple of times due to frustration. At one point I remember giving up completely, heading back to SC with my tail between my legs, and promptly getting bored with it. So I started up again, and it appears I've finally learned to play this game. Huzzah!

Yes, I named her after her build. I plan to have many more Guardians (right) and this way if I want to play them afterward I don't have to remember "Oh, yeah, Mxtptlv was the Hydra/TS, Asdfjkl was the Passivezon..."

Anyway, the borings: lvl 86, 20 FO/FB/Fire Bolt, 13 CM, 1 in Warmth and ES, the rest in FM. Not-quite-max-block build (60% with Rhyme shield) that still left me with lots of life (around 1,050 with charms) and turned out to be a good compromise. She was technically untwinked, I guess, but that statement is kind of meaningless given the number of runs of various things she did before becoming a Guardian.

Gear is mostly cheap, based on +skills and MF (4 PTopaz armour, PTopaz Harlequin Crest, Tal's orb and amulet, Rhyme GS, the rest rares.) When she was running LK, I switched a few things out to hit a cheap 105% FCR (Kept the Shako and amulet, added Wizardspike, Vipermagi, Lidless Wall, Magefist, and Natalya's boots for FRW.) Merc was exceptionally good at turning things blue, immediately before sucking and dying, though I did kind of neglect his gear. I'm not really sure what he's wearing and it's probably embarrassingly bad; I did give him an eth Meatscraper for OW.

The only things worth posting, really, were a couple of the rares she had:

Code:
Blood Cord 
Mesh Belt 
Defense: 46 
Durability: 15 of 16 
Required Level: 25 
Required Strength: 58 
Fingerprint: 0xb0fcb3c4 
Item Level: 75 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+24% Faster Hit Recovery 
+14% Enhanced Defense 
+55 to Life 
Cold Resist +5% 
Poison Resist +18% 
Attacker Takes Damage of 1

Blood Grip 
Ring 
Required Level: 37 
Fingerprint: 0x22581b05 
Item Level: 49 
+4 to Energy 
All Resistances +7 
Lightning Resist +30% 
Fire Resist +9% 
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 
Level 3 Fire Bolt (27/27 Charges)

Raven Spiral 
Ring 
Required Level: 48 
Fingerprint: 0x64b89155 
Item Level: 49 
+6 to Dexterity 
+4 to Life 
Cold Resist +14% 
All Resistances +4 
Lightning Resist +29% 
Level 1 Confuse (22/22 Charges)

Their Deeds of Valour Will Be Remembered
So, how many deaths? Well, this depends on how you look at it. I was initially trying to make a pure-Blizz to do some MFing and build some HC wealth. And my form was, shall we say, lacking a little something after years of casually playing SC. I quickly ran out of fingers and toes to count the sorc corpses littering Sanctuary.

I believe I made 2-3 Destroyers and one Conqueror in that time. The Conqueror's deeds screen (lvl 80-ish, Hell Countess *grumble*, some half-decent gear lost to the void) was the last straw; I stopped playing D2 entirely for a few weeks, and played SC when I returned. It took me only two days to Mat a Blizzard sorc, run her up into the mid-80s, get bored, delete her, and get the urge to try HC again. After the Countess fiasco and knowing what was in store for A5 Hell, I decided to go dual-tree. OrbBall is my first attempt since then, believe it or not.

So What Made the Difference?
A few things. My many, many deaths taught me patience and a few necessary skills; I can now draw single enemies out of packs like nobody's business, have well-developed Tele and Juv reflexes, and I took to aiming FO pretty well.

The main thing, though, was Energy Shield. I decided to try it out and, wow, I doubt I'll ever run a sorc without it again. Turned her into a blue-pot addict (though I could have taken care of that had I bothered to make an Insight), but lowered my blood pressure by about the same amount. ;)

A Failure of MF, Part I: 2,300+ Andariel runs
While doing Nightmare Baal runs to level for Hell, I found Tal's Lidless Eye (2FM/1LM/1CM). Since I was close to Hell Andariel, I figured a few runs wouldn't hurt, and maybe I'd end up with Tal's Adjudication, which would give me an extra +1 Sorc (from the orb) and +2 All. I tried keeping her in place with Stupid and sweet-spotting her with FO; turns out he was completely incapable of holding her long enough to get the required 4-5 orbs off. So I left him for dead, found she dropped pretty quickly with a 20/20 Fireball anyway (she has -50 FR IIRC).

Just so there's no suspense, I never did get Tal's Amulet. Ended up trading for it (thanks Thomh! :thumbup:). She did, of course, drop some nice stuff as a consolation.

Hell Andariel, ~250 MF, /p1, ~2,300 runs
Code:
*****S/U Jewelry*****

Set Rings found: 85
-------------------
Cathan's: 58
Angelic:  27

Set Amulets found: 53
---------------------
Iratha's:  14
Civerb's:  13
Angelic:    8
Cathan's:   6
Tancred's:  6
Vidala's:   5
Arcanna's:  1
Tal's/ToB:  0

Unique Rings found: 38
----------------------
Manald Heal: 14
Nagelring:   14
Dwarf Star:   6
Carrion Wind: 2
Raven Frost:  2

Unique Amulets found: 22
------------------------
Nokozan Relic:    6
Rising Sun:       4
Atma's Scarab:    3
Mahim-Oak Curio:  3
Saracen's Chance: 2
Crescent Moon:    1
Highlord's Wrath: 1
Seraph's Hymn:    1
Cat's Eye:        1
Eye of Etlich:    0 (how?)

Gheed's: 13 (not hot-muled, as I wasn't using one)

Best Rune: [URL="http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6126/screenshot004r.jpg"]Ist[/URL]
Best Rune from Andy Herself: [URL="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5928/screenshot005e.jpg"]Fal[/URL]
Code:
*****TC3 Sets/Uniques*****

Arctic Furs 
Quilted Armor 
Defense: 51 
Durability: 13 of 20 
Required Level: 2 
Required Strength: 12 
Fingerprint: 0xfd70e235 
+325% Enhanced Defense 
All Resistances +10
Set (2 items): +225 Defense (Based on Character Level)
Set (3 items): Cold Resist +15%  

Arctic Furs 
Quilted Armor 
Defense: 48 
Durability: 18 of 20 
Fingerprint: 0x5b668388 
+307% Enhanced Defense 
All Resistances +10
Set (2 items): +225 Defense (Based on Character Level)
Set (3 items): Cold Resist +15%  

Death's Guard 
Sash 
Defense: 22 
Durability: 11 of 12 
Required Level: 6 
Fingerprint: 0x9f96414f 
+20 Defense 
Cannot Be Frozen
Set (2 items): Cold Resist +15% 
Lightning Resist +15% 
Fire Resist +15% 
Poison Resist +15%

Tancred's Hobnails 
Boots 
Defense: 2 
Durability: 7 of 12 
Required Level: 20 
Fingerprint: 0xa1f1c59b 
+10 to Dexterity 
Heal Stamina Plus 25%
Set (2 items): +30% Faster Run/Walk
Set (3 items): +10 to Strength  

(Another Tancred's Hobnails, that was part of the package I traded for Tal's Adjudication and no longer have)

Vidala's Ambush 
Leather Armor 
Defense: 64 
Durability: 16 of 24 
Required Level: 14 
Required Strength: 15 
Fingerprint: 0xbf2209a6 
+50 Defense 
+11 to Dexterity
Set (2 items): Fire Resist +24%
Set (3 items): +187 Defense (Based on Character Level) 

Vidala's Ambush 
Leather Armor 
Defense: 65 
Durability: 13 of 24 
Required Level: 14 
Required Strength: 15 
Fingerprint: 0xfe09c417 
+50 Defense 
+11 to Dexterity
Set (2 items): Fire Resist +24%
Set (3 items): +187 Defense (Based on Character Level)

Pelta Lunata 
Buckler 
Defense: 39 
Chance to Block: 20 
Durability: 11 of 21 
Fingerprint: 0xf3f27633 
+40% Faster Block Rate 
20% Increased Chance of Blocking 
+30% Enhanced Defense 
+30 Defense 
+2 to Strength 
+10 to Vitality 
+10 to Energy 
+9 Maximum Durability 

Hotspur 
Boots 
Defense: 10 
Durability: 10 of 12 
Required Level: 5 
Fingerprint: 0xffa273a4 
Adds 3 - 6 Fire Damage 
+17% Enhanced Defense 
+6 Defense 
+15 to Life 
+15% to Maximum Fire Resist 
Fire Resist +45% 

Gull 
Dagger 
One Hand Damage: 2 - 19 
Durability: 15 of 16 
Required Level: 4 
Fingerprint: 0x6a170c01 
Adds 1 - 15 Damage 
-5 to Mana 
100% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 

Bane Ash  (<-- First I've *ever* seen)
Short Staff 
Two Hand Damage: 1 - 7 
Durability: 18 of 20 
Required Level: 5 
Fingerprint: 0x8e903294 
+20% Increased Attack Speed 
56% Enhanced Damage 
Adds 4 - 6 Fire Damage 
+5 to Fire Bolt (Sorceress Only) 
+2 to Warmth (Sorceress Only) 
+30 to Mana 
Fire Resist +50% 

Rixot's Keen 
Short Sword 
One Hand Damage: 9 - 14 
Durability: 14 of 24 
Fingerprint: 0xc3212ef4 
100% Enhanced Damage 
+5 to Minimum Damage 
20% Bonus to Attack Rating 
25% Chance of Crushing Blow 
+25 Defense 
+2 to Light Radius

Code:
*****Other things of interest*****
Ribcracker (The best of three, actually)
Quarterstaff 
Two Hand Damage: 61 - 167 
Durability: 29 of 130 
Required Level: 31 
Required Strength: 25 
Fingerprint: 0x165abd7f 
+50% Increased Attack Speed 
+50% Faster Hit Recovery 
[B]296% Enhanced Damage [/B]
Adds 30 - 65 Damage 
50% Chance of Crushing Blow 
+100% Enhanced Defense 
+100 Defense 
+15 to Dexterity 
+100 Maximum Durability

Vampire Gaze 
Grim Helm 
Defense: 252 
Durability: 23 of 40 
Required Level: 41 
Required Strength: 58 
Fingerprint: 0xbad3ad05 
Adds 6 - 22 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames) 
[B]8% Mana stolen per hit 
8% Life stolen per hit [/B]
+100% Enhanced Defense 
15% Slower Stamina Drain 
[B]Damage Reduced by 20% 
Magic Damage Reduced by 14[/B] (ooh, so close)

Arm of King Leoric 
Tomb Wand 
One Hand Damage: 10 - 22 
Durability: 12 of 15 
Required Level: 36 
Required Strength: 25 
Fingerprint: 0x514ed767 
10% Chance to cast level 2 Bone Prison when struck 
5% Chance to cast level 10 Bone Spirit when struck 
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only) 
+2 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only) 
+10% Faster Cast Rate 
+3 to Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only) 
+3 to Raise Skeleton (Necromancer Only) 
+2 to Terror (Necromancer Only) 
+2 to Raise Skeletal Mage (Necromancer Only) 
+93 to Mana (Based on Character Level) 

Herald of Zakarum 
Gilded Shield 
Defense: 503 
Chance to Block: 52 
Durability: 37 of 50 
Required Level: 42 
Required Strength: 89 
Fingerprint: 0x16bae8f0 
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only) 
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels 
+30% Faster Block Rate 
30% Increased Chance of Blocking 
20% Bonus to Attack Rating 
+198% Enhanced Defense 
+20 to Strength 
+20 to Vitality 
All Resistances +50

A Failure of MF, Part II: 1,300+ /p3 LK runs
Not so much MF, and not so much a failure (as I was only looking for charms, and found a few good ones at that), but I did do about 1,350 LK runs for nothing better than a Lum. (One letter less and I would have been happier...)

Teleporting around at 105% FCR was a lot of fun, though. Got myself in trouble a few times, but there's nothing too scary in LK.

Code:
*****Interesting LK lewt*****

Burning Grand Charm 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x3027f7b2 
Item Level: 80 
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only) 

Chilling Grand Charm of Craftmanship 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x8dd7f246 
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only) 
+1 to Maximum Damage 

Mentalist's Grand Charm 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x7f2c9953 
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only) 

Preserver's Grand Charm 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x7ae6f6ff 
+1 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only) 

Grand Charm of Vita 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 69 
Fingerprint: 0x9a9256d7 
+37 to Life 

Russet Small Charm of Balance 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 29 
Fingerprint: 0x39a151c5 
+5% Faster Hit Recovery 
Fire Resist +6% 

Shimmering Small Charm of Life 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 25 
Fingerprint: 0x705e1517 
+6 to Life 
All Resistances +5 

Small Charm of Vita 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 39 
Fingerprint: 0x463d0fbf 
+20 to Life

The Long Hard Road out of Hell
After filling up my inventory with LK charms (left a 2x4 open IIRC), I finished Acts 3/4 in a couple of hours. Mephisto and Diablo fell quickly; I was expecting a lot more trouble with Meph at least. I actually had more trouble with De Seis and the Infector, both of whom rolled up CI/FI. Note of inconsequence: I have NEVER killed Hell Izual as fast as this girl did. <3 FO

And then I hit Act 5 Hell, the cold sorceress' bane. I teleported blind through the first half of the act (stopping to kill Shenk and rescue some barbies.) And then, the Frozen River. I tried the quickly-teleport-through thing and got my face stomped by a pack of witches. Within seconds my blue ball was empty and the red a mere sliver from tripping the dreaded Deeds. A desperate Juv, change of direction, and TP later, she was happily still alive. I took a walk, had a cigarette, and waited until my hands stopped shaking.

And decided to kill everything in that godforsaken place in revenge. It took longer than the whole of Act 4, pulling witches and Gloams out of their packs one-by-one to deal with them on my terms (You know things are bad when you're relieved to see a big Claw Viper spawn.) Frozenstein rolled up Mana Burn and Extra Fast, and thus had an entire pack of cold-immune, extra-fast manaburners with him. At that point, however, I'd been through the worst and, hey, HF still works on CIs. Some fevered teleporting, blocking with Stupid, and Fireball spam later, I got my last Res scroll.

I skipped Pindle, having no need for further levels or gear, and headed straight to the Old Men on the Hill. I only had to reroll them a few times, luckily. It was an epic battle, though. I nearly ran through my full belt of Juvs just dealing with the CI Leaper, and worried that I'd have to S&E and mule a few more on. The (also CI) Thrower decided to make things a little easier and get himself stuck at the WSK entrance. The FI Whirler I thought could be a problem, but somehow Stupid managed to get himself between Whirly and a pillar and hold him in place for FO. My first Hell Ancients attempt in HC was a sweet, sweet success.

The rest of the game was an anticlimax, to be honest. I did get USDs in the Throne, and Baal gave me my last NDE of the game at one point, but he fairly quickly got out of the way and actually dropped something decent. Note of inconsequence II: the same map I used to run LK turned out to have a rockin' WSK 2 map as well.

Some old guy (Cain?) congratulating me :cloud9:

See you in another six months with Guardian #2. :crazyeyes:

ETA: LCS shot

HF: Thul/Ko/Lum (Yeah, the NM HF was higher. Can't have it all, I guess.)

Last edited:
Re: My first Guardian: OrbBall, the MFing Failure

Huge congratulations on your first Guardian! Those are the finest, by far :) And kudos that you kept trying even though you lost a couple of sorceresses before finally making it! :thumbsup:

And the best thing about HC: You don't have to care about losing the Resistance Scroll bonus after dying :D

Oh, and that Baal drop is indeed sweet - usually he's very stingy with TC87...

Congrats again and I'm looking forward to reading your next Guardian thread :)

And the best thing about HC: You don't have to care about losing the Resistance Scroll bonus after dying :D

Oh, and that Baal drop is indeed sweet - usually he's very stingy with TC87...

Actually, when you think about it, you do lose the Res bonus at Deeds ;) along with your items, character, stash, temper, possibly sanity...

And, yeah, I consider the Baal drop a fitting end to six months of learning how to play HC.

Anyone getting a Guardian deserves a big GRATZ! Good luck on your next one.

Grats. That's quite a bit of running you did before making Guardian, that's something I couldn't stomach personally. I'd rather finish Hell first, get it over with, and only THEN die a stupid absent minded death to some silly MF target. :grin:

Grats man. Respect to people that are able to make a guardian. Especially seeing how long it took you (some failures, a LOT of running). But then again, if you want to continue playing HC, you'll really be able to use those items. I haven't even got a Highlords and a Bane Ash in SC :D

Good luck with your future projects!

This build is quite interesting. People talk about Meteorbers and Blizzballers but I have often wondered, why not Blizz/Meteorer or OrbBaller? And here you are, cool!

And decided to kill everything in that godforsaken place in revenge. It took longer than the whole of Act 4, pulling witches and Gloams out of their packs one-by-one to deal with them on my terms (You know things are bad when you're relieved to see a big Claw Viper spawn.)

Welcome to how things usually are for some of us. :wink:
Tempting the temptresses to separate the packs is one of my favourite things to do in the late game.

(although Act IV takes far longer for me, usually about 8-9 hours. I haven´t had any Frozen River that I needed more than 2.5 hours for.)

Wow, there are unique Myrmidon Greaves in the game? It has to be an odd character to be strong enough to use them...

The Long Hard Road out of Hell
<snip>
I finished Acts 3/4 in a couple of hours.

Long?

Wtf, it takes me 3-4 hours to clear out just the Durance 2 level...

Now that the Guardian status is achieved, aren´t you itching to clear out the areas you didn´t clear or even visited? I know I would be (in fact, I can´t move on in the game until everything is dead...).

Fantastic write-up and big congratulations:) Pretty decent life pool you`ve got considering you went with some block.

Obligatory questions: What character is next? Will you ever use this character to run pits or WSK?

I was very disappointed with your WSK map, I really thought you had some sick map with good bosspack density in some small area:) Good thing the amulet was of use, you know where to find me if you need anything else:)

This build is quite interesting. People talk about Meteorbers and Blizzballers but I have often wondered, why not Blizz/Meteorer or OrbBaller? And here you are, cool!

Funny thing is that if you read the guide that is named as blizzballer and linked in the build guides as blizzballer it is blizzmeteor build.

It clearly states that blizzard is used as timered and glacial spike as non-timered cold attack, meteor is used as timered and fireball as non-timered fire attack.

Later players has noticed that meteor is not needed except as synergy for the fireball. Now firebolt is also synergy for fireball with excactly same effect(1) so it's easier to start with increasing firebolt in early levels than reserve the skill points for later meteor. My blizzballer Tilsit will be made like the original because I like to compare blizzard and meteor.

(1) Of course 20 point fireball with 20 point meteor synergy has more damage than 20 point fireball with 20 point firebolt synergy. But add 1 point in meteor and they are the same.

Ulla

(1) Of course 20 point fireball with 20 point meteor synergy has more damage than 20 point fireball with 20 point firebolt synergy. But add 1 point in meteor and they are the same.

This is true; however, it does not value them in equal skill-point terms. Pruning the 4 skill points getting to meteor would allow one to place 4 more skill points in fire mastery. This equates to 2266 vs 2008 with +5 skills and 3478 vs 3163 with +10 skills, with the lead widening in favor of no-meteor as +skills are added (this is assuming a base of 1pt FM on the meteor version).

Edit: Well, I guess that isn't entirely true, either. According to my math, it would take +90 skills for the meteor variant to equal fireball damage with equal skill points allocated and just 1 in FM in the meteor version. Without getting too mathematically intensive this earlier in the morning, I think it's safe to say the meteor variant will lag behind in terms of FB damage.

Back on topic, congratulations on the Guard! I'm currently working on my untwinked HC Orballer to be my primary MFer as well. However, instead of strengthening FB through FM, I'm intending to max orb. I figure 95% (or more) of her life will be spent running Meph to gain a strong item base, so I'll struggle somewhat (though not much, I think) through questing in return for pruning a few seconds of my meph time. I have always been of the opinion FB doesn't need to be that strong anyway.

Last edited:

Grats. That's quite a bit of running you did before making Guardian, that's something I couldn't stomach personally. I'd rather finish Hell first, get it over with, and only THEN die a stupid absent minded death to some silly MF target. :grin:

The thing about Andariel is, with a 3k Fireball and some FCR you could run her until Christmas without the slightest bit of danger. I would never have done, say, 2000 Mephisto or Pindleskin runs before finishing Hell.

I haven't even got a Highlords and a Bane Ash in SC :D

Funnily enough, I never found either of those things in years of playing SC either. Come over to the dark side!

(although Act IV takes far longer for me, usually about 8-9 hours. I haven´t had any Frozen River that I needed more than 2.5 hours for.)

[...]

Long?

Wtf, it takes me 3-4 hours to clear out just the Durance 2 level...

Now that the Guardian status is achieved, aren´t you itching to clear out the areas you didn´t clear or even visited? I know I would be (in fact, I can´t move on in the game until everything is dead...).

Different playstyles ;). My experience of Act 4 is: Teleport to Izual, Teleport to Hellforge, Teleport to CS. It may take a while to find Izual sometimes, but it's over pretty quickly. The FR took me close to two hours, but that was longer than Act 4.

When I started playing D2, I did /p1 (not knowing about /players) full clears. That got old really fast. I don't have the patience for them anymore.

Fantastic write-up and big congratulations:) Pretty decent life pool you`ve got considering you went with some block.

Obligatory questions: What character is next? Will you ever use this character to run pits or WSK?

I was very disappointed with your WSK map, I really thought you had some sick map with good bosspack density in some small area:) Good thing the amulet was of use, you know where to find me if you need anything else:)

The tradeoff is a pack full of life charms. 214 life, plus another 300 from equipment with Tal's Orb on. Several of my dead Blizzys tended toward max block; it works great until you stand too close to a CE explosion (which, being me, I will eventually do.)

As for what's next, I haven't played many Amazons before, so I've started one up. Probably going to cheap out and go with LF, and use inexperience as an excuse. The sorc will be headed back to LK, though not immediately; I want to make one decent RW while I'm still playing (the highest I made in SC days was Sanctuary).

Back on topic, congratulations on the Guard! I'm currently working on my untwinked HC Orballer to be my primary MFer as well. However, instead of strengthening FB through FM, I'm intending to max orb. I figure 95% (or more) of her life will be spent running Meph to gain a strong item base, so I'll struggle somewhat (though not much, I think) through questing in return for pruning a few seconds of my meph time. I have always been of the opinion FB doesn't need to be that strong anyway.

I didn't think so either, but I actually found a lot of use for a spammable 3k damage outside of CIs. I wasn't sure what I'd get out of a 2% synergy, but next time I build an FO sorc I might try it out.

My eyes! The pain! I'm blinded! The items have to be stashed from the right side to the left, not in this blasphemous manner! :wink:

Considering the Meteor/FB/FO/etc. question: I always liked Meteor, I don't know exactly why, but I certainly cannot understand why people dislike it so much...:scratchchin:

I have to agree with Grisu. That hurt. A. Lot.

Meteor is horrible, I like to spam, spam, spam, spam and spam.

Edit: To contribute with something more sane, I think you should try an Orbitaller:) I found that to be a better build for area running, at least(read: pits). I can`t really comment on other places to run as I haven`t testet your build all that much. Good luck with the Amazon.

My eyes! The pain! I'm blinded!

I have to agree with Grisu. That hurt. A. Lot.

Just for you guys, the next time I put up an inventory screen, I'll put the cube in the centre and surround it with charms. :crazyeyes:

And yes, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam and spam. Fireball is a great spell, just takes some skill-point investment. I don't see the point of having two timered spells, though I may build a Meteorb or Blizz/Meteor at some point to see if I'm wrong.

Congrats :thumbsup:

Like others mentioned, the first one is always special, i still remember my first from more then three Years ago...You still have to learn the worst thing on HC - loose really valuable items like RWs with HRs, or very rare and valuable item :p (both happened to me - i've lost two HOTOs not long time ago and Deaths Fathom year ago) - well, hopefully things never will go this way for You :thumbup:

Anyway GL and keep going (well, i mean also write - ups, i've forgot to do so with my last three Guardians) and try some tourney and enjoy diffrerent kind of HC :thumbsup:

Congratulations on a well deserved Guardian. Nicely detailed write-up as well.

About the inventory
That's exactly how mine looks as well... On ~half my characters, the other half has it inverted with the open spaces on the left. I think...

I hope to get my first Guardian a bit faster than you got yours, but I seriously doubt I'll get it.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High