None eth Duress

DeathMaster

Oct 30, 2003
None eth Duress

I'm thinking to come back to D2, play something that would use Duress armor for the main character, rather bugged eth version for merc only (which I already made one).

I do have a few Um in my stash, but I'm not super rich. So this particular Duress will be a universal armor.

I have a few okay base armor, what do you recommend?

1. Almost perfect 3 socket 480 def wire fleece (best possible 481)
Pro: low level requirement, good def
Con: Str requirement high compare to other ligh elite armors

2. Almost perfect 464 def dusk shroud (best possible 467)
Pro: lowest level requirement, lowest str requirement, good def
Con: pray for the cube to get the right number of socket

3. 493 def Archon plate
Pro: slightly better def
Con: high level requirement, slightly higher str requirement that dusk shroud, pray for the right number socket

Re: None eth Duress

I'd go with Wire Fleece. It's def and reqs are good, and it allready has sockets.

Well, you can't go wrong with any of the 3 options you listed. IMHO the lvl req doesn't really matter, the highest is is 63 (AP) which is easy to reach. I would pick either the Archon plate (best all-around armor) or Wire fleece (almost as good as AP + I like the looks). If you want to save as many stat points as possible, Dusk Shroud is the way to make any real difference, as there is only 8 str between Archon and Wire fleece.

Since socketing is cheap, i'd try my luck with the 2 that are not socketed yet. Then come back and post what new options you have :)

Since socketing is cheap, i'd try my luck with the 2 that are not socketed yet. Then come back and post what new options you have :)
This. The annoying thing about Duress is that it's a 3 socket RW, so you have to take your chances with the cube. If it were 4, you could just ask Larzuk to do it for you. ... Too bad the cube is always against me when it comes to socketing armours with awesome base defence. :whistling:

The cube is only 1/6 for 3 sockets, so you'll probably end up with the Wire Fleece. No harm in running the others through the cube, though.

If given a choice, I would go for looks. The armors are so similar it really wont make a difference.

I also suggest trying some cubing- but there is a downside, which is that if you do have some 4-socket runewords in mind for the armors you don't end up using, you are avoiding possibly using them for that.

Wire Fleece looks like a nice choice, and unless you're putting some really silly restrictions on your characters, I don't think the Str Req of 111 is going to break your builds.

The first two characters I can think of using Duress are zealots and kickers. The latter certainly doesn't mind extra strength reqs (Myrmidon Greaves already requires 160+), and even the former will also need strength in that ballpark (because of requirements on the weapon or CoA/guillaume's). Wire Fleece sounds good to me.

The first two characters I can think of using Duress are zealots and kickers. The latter certainly doesn't mind extra strength reqs (Myrmidon Greaves already requires 160+), and even the former will also need strength in that ballpark (because of requirements on the weapon or CoA/guillaume's). Wire Fleece sounds good to me.

I am both assuming things, and going from memory, niether is a good thing to do, but here I go anyways.

I'm assuming that most zealots are 1 handed. Shield is overwhelmingly HoZ. I think HoZ requires 89 Str to use, and offers +20 Str as well. That puts you at 109 total. If you use Shako as your helm (and doesn't everybody?) that would give you the last +2 needed for 111 to use the Duress. I'm also guessing that act 2 mercs will have around the str required at the level needed for Duress. I can tell you that once I had Duress it was always on either the character or the merc. At least until I made a Fortitude. Go with the wire fleece and love every minute of it.

I had the same dilemma when I made Lionheart. I went with Wirefleece. Then I made Duress and went with Archon Plate. :p

I usually prefer the looks of light armors - especially wire fleece and scarab husk, but on assassins, I also like the heavy look, which Archon Plate has.

I'd say just make it in a wirefleece.

For future reference: save all of the cracked/damaged/etc elite armors that you find. You can repair them with el+chippie+damaged armor=normal quality ilvl=1 armor. Then larzuk will give them 3 sockets. The defense is rerolled, but it's incredibly cheap to fix every one you find and get a good defense sometimes.

Thanks for the tip.

Now the choice is simple, either wire fleece or wait for another armor.

I had very good luck when I made my eth duress (right socket + good def roll), this time dusk shroud got 4 socket, and AP got 2 (I only wish they got averaged).

My original idea was either something good looking, or really good all rounder.

I really like AP's heavy armor looking (consider the fact AP is light armor makes it even better). Dusk shroud would save considerable stat points if I wish to make a zon that make use of duress. That's why wire fleece is slightly too heavy.

For future reference: save all of the cracked/damaged/etc elite armors that you find. You can repair them with el+chippie+damaged armor=normal quality ilvl=1 armor. Then larzuk will give them 3 sockets. The defense is rerolled, but it's incredibly cheap to fix every one you find and get a good defense sometimes.

Some of us don't have many Larzuk quest rewards saved so rollig is the way to go. So remember: level 1 armor will get three sockets on probability 4/6.

Ulla

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High