Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Don't worry, Shags. There's plenty of us to fill your "woe-is-me" shoes, me included. ;)

Drinks for Ulla! We've got a birthday girl in the house! Pick up your party hats at the door! :propeller:

@FastE: Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you yet. Thanks for the long Borderlands/music update and reply... twice! :D Stinky that you didn't like the game so much, but it does seem like an awkward mix to lump together an FPS and RPG. Have you tried Mass Effect? People rave about that, so it seems like Bioware got something right when they put the two genres together...

Haven't checked the music yet. No real time to myself lately. But whenever I think about the Calvin Harris album, the song Colours (I think? Track 3) is the one that pops into my head.

As for the locket, well... I don't know now. For the first six months we were dating, she wore a certain necklace almost every day. Then somehow ( :whistling: ) I broke the chain and she went necklacs-less. ...Until two days ago. She just bought herself a replacement chain. She loves the thing, so... I don't know if she'd really appreciate my idea. Back to the drawing board. :scratchhead:

And me? Restless. And to make things complicated, I got an email from my sister a couple days ago. I haven't talked to her since I came to Texas over two years ago, nor have I talked to my mom in over a year. The message was short but to the point: "Hey, wanna come home for Christmas? Let me know." ...Ugh. I don't know how I can say no if she's willing to foot the bill for a plane ticket, so why am I so unwilling to write her back? :banghead:

...Good enough, Shags? :wink:

How can you say "No?"

Well, pretty much, you compose a new email and type an 'n' immediately followed by an 'o.' :D

If you don't want to reply, don't. If you wanna go, say "thanks, buy me a ticket and I'll be there!" If you don't want to go, say "erm. No thanks. I'd love to see everyone and all, but _________" and come up with some sort of excuse. Good times.

And I've got my party hat on, but Ima have to take it off for a bit to nap.

But rest assured, come 4pm or so I'll be pounding down some beers in Ulla's honor. Good times.

Thanks TRM!

Just saw a finnish telly program called "Hullu Juttu" that's 'crazy story' in translation. The modus of that program is to focus on some aspect of our modern life and question it. Today was subsidization of culture. Now opera in Helsinki costs one euro per minute to society. When asked the opera management said that it buys relaxation and thinkig as the viewer follows the opera. I get the same playing Lod. I must ask can I get any subsidizity.

Time to open the wine bottle and start LoD.

Ulla

Last edited:
Stilton rescued Cain and called it the day. Quarter of glass wine left and too tired to post update on the septavirate thread. Must read it first again, as it's been too long time for my update. But that's for tomorrow.

Good night!

Ulla

Been one helluva day. Been sleeping on or off almost all day. Now I've been up for four hours and it's again time to go to sleep.

In the end it's nice to get sleep, but two three hours at a time?

Barkeep, can I have a nightcap.

Ulla

I did not sleep well last night either and here is why

Temperature while I was trying to sleep - you will have to read it from the bottom up (I.e I went to bed at 10:30pm and got up at 6:30 am)
Code:
06:30am 	23.9  
06:00am 	25.1 
05:30am 	26.6  
05:00am 	29.1  
04:30am 	28.2  
04:00am 	29.1  
03:30am 	28.5 
03:00am 	28.6 
02:30am 	27.6 
02:00am 	27.7 
01:30am 	28.8 
01:00am 	28.9 
12:30am 	29.1  
12:00am 	30.1 
11:30pm 	30.2  
11:00pm 	30.4  
10:30pm 	30.1

Last edited:
MMMM. I likes the cold. A nice warm fire or heater of some sort, hot beverages (alcoholic or otherwise), blankets, big fluffy coats, scarves, hats, mittens, those little pocket warmers that operate due to some crazy chemical reaction. . . good times. But 23.9Celcius? Ummmm. . . I'll take a pass, I think.

But here's a Big Glass of Hot Chocolate for Jcakes. I hope it warms you up a bit.

Strange that it's getting really cold there, and it's also starting to get cooler in TX. But at least you should be warming soon down there, yes?

Ok. So I had a nice time with the neighbors. Things have been slightly strained between the various neighbors lately. They've all been friends for 10+ years, and apparently one of the guys told one of the girls (who's married and a mother, btw) that he'd been in love with her for years. So drama ensued. I don't particularly care (but I do think he should have kept his feelings secret, especially since chick is moving 1500 miles away in a month or so), but I really enjoy human contact, and since the neighbors are all drama ridden, they're not hanging out much, which means I have nobody to hang out with. Oh well.

So I'll take a Double Wide for the road to bed. Yum.

Cheers, bar! :guiness:

23.9C is about 75 F and that was at 6:30am (I.E the coldest part of the day) 30 C is about 86 F

@JCakes: yep. I'm was a drunken idiot lat night. :facepalm: Oh well. That's what drunk-spaming the bar is all about, yes?

I'll take a coffee. I need to get motivated to move.

@ prijus: No, I love in adelaide which is located in the state of South Australia. We tend to get very hot dry summers (I.E most of summer is high 30's low 40's). Queensland gets humid summers day temperatures usually around the mid 30's.

I really don't like it when it's hot and humid. Poor Queensland :D

Although right now I don't like anything.

why don't you like anything atm pijus?

Last edited:
Stopped running with Kalban (see socketed tourny) 3:30. It's now 4:30 and time for me to go to sleep.

Nightcap please.

Ulla

I'm in pretty much the same boat, Pijus. I've modified my hopes and expectations to the point where both are fairly meaningless. No hopes + no wishes + no expectations for the future + some nebulous, wouldn't-it-be-nice fantasies = hard to get out bed in the morning, or get excited about anything, for sure.

I want a beer, but I better hold off until I get some more NaNo done, and make a grocery run, so keep a Thunderhead or 22 on ice for me. I'll be back for them shortly, please believe.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High