Fridaily~!

Trim

Oct 28, 2007
Fridaily~!

There's been a surprising lack of birthdailies lately. I know we just had twoflo's wedding announcement, but still we need more celebration!!

RL: Day five at work. ...Yes! More inane tasks, but only three hours left so I think I'll make it. :wink:

No real plans for the weekend. Probably seeing the GF on Saturday, but we haven't yet talked about it. Today, though, I'll probably see what movies are on to record and spend a lot of time playing --

D2: -- not this. :crazyeyes: I really should do lots of work on the alvl85 tourney with the time I have left, but I'm feeling really burnt out on runs. So instead I'll probably play --

OVG: -- Sudeki for the XBox. I started playing yesterday. I had tried it before but got frustrated with the lack of a target lock-on system and that the ally AI is pretty weak. We'll see how much I enjoy it this time around. I'll probably look at gamefaqs to see the best ways to build the characters for the beginning stages of the game.

Hope you're having a great build up to the weekend! :wave:

Re: Fridaily~!

Wow, I missed twoflower's wedding announcement? Wish you all the best, twoflower!

RL: Passed the written part of the final exams! :jig: Now there's only 4 people left standing between me and my licence to practice medicine: The doctors from my oral exams. But it seems like I got lucky, because all of them are really nice and favourable :)
Now I'm a little hungover from last night's partying...not too bad, though.

D2: Nah, not in the mood right now.

OVG: Probably Drakensang. I played through 2/3 of it and stopped the day before I entered my internship last year, so I think it's only proper to continue it now :)

RL: D2

D2: Put the necro away, to play a blizz sorc. Up to act 5 now, and have some decent MF gear from the necro's slow work, although I'm out of PTopaz for the time being. Going to work on getting through NM at least to Mephisto.

^^ Grisu, is Drakensang fun?

RL: When I was in the hospital I read a book what emotions look like on a persons face. Today I looked at the poster of Blair Witch Project, and the woman in it doesn't seem to show signs of fear. Ofc, her mouth isn't visible, but thats only 1 of the 3 areas of the face where fear expresion shows up. This led to 2 things - I want to read more about facial expresions, and I want to watch TV/movies which claim to be real(like Blair Witch).

D2: Boooring.

Morrowind: Getting sightly demotivated. May continue playing my mage-like character, or start an Argonian diver.

^^ Grisu, is Drakensang fun?
I like it very much. Though I may be a bit biased, because I have been playing the pen&paper RPG on which it is based on for 17 years now...also, I don't know how well the English translation is done.

But yes, I think it's fun. It's a bit like Gothic, but with a party and a denser story IMO. Only thing that annoys me are the long ways you have to walk...they could be shorter ("Hmm, I've completet this quest...now I have to run 5 minutes through wilderness to get to the next location...").

Hope that helped - I'm not good at all at game reviews :p

I like it very much. Though I may be a bit biased, because I have been playing the pen&paper RPG on which it is based on for 17 years now...also, I don't know how well the English translation is done.

But yes, I think it's fun. It's a bit like Gothic, but with a party and a denser story IMO. Only thing that annoys me are the long ways you have to walk...they could be shorter ("Hmm, I've completet this quest...now I have to run 5 minutes through wilderness to get to the next location...").

Hope that helped - I'm not good at all at game reviews :p

Helped! Sounds like fun - and I love pen & paper RPG's so I might give it a shot, thanks for the info :)

Wow, I missed twoflower's wedding announcement? Wish you all the best, twoflower!

RL: Passed the written part of the final exams!

My wedding was a "bit" of a mess, dont worry Grisu ^^

And congratulations on your exams, hope they turn out well :)

RL : Work, tonight we have a big dinner with friends and family to celebrate the wedding a bit more. Then early to bed because i have a 8 hours lecture on The developement of conciousness tomorrow.

D2 : Well... No. ^^

OVG : PLayed a bit of trackmania yesterday when my wife finaly fell asleep at 3 am :p But not much.

RL: Tired as all hell. Going in to school pretty soon. Looks like I'm going to skip my first class to study for a quiz. Two of my friends are playing at an open mic night at school, so I'll be going to that later.

D2: Hmm?

RL: Need a part time job, apparently online poker does not cut it. Business end of semester coming, assignments are piling up. Exams in a couple of weeks. In times like these, I guess all you can do is...

Play D2: Gotta finish running my barb in the alvl85 tourney. His drops so far are less than good!

Congrat's on passing your exams, soon-to-be Dr. Grisu!

RL: woke up, shave/shower, coffee, forum surf.

Upcoming: the usual, followed by. . .

D2: starting up a Magezon, for sure. I need to come up with a name, but everything else (except the actual playing, of course) is all done. Good times.

I've also planned out all the other toons. If things go as planned, I'll end up with 2 casters, a summoner, a ranger, one aoe melee, one multi-target melee, and one single-target melee, and all will have different sorts of play styles, damage types, stat point/equipment needs etc.: A pretty nice mix, I think. I'm not looking forward to the Fishymancer so much, but it will be some time before I get to him, so maybe I'll feel differently later.

D2: starting up a Magezon...
I've also planned out all the other toons.

Yay!! :grin:

And no problem, Gris; we know you've been uber busy. Glad to see you around again lately!

RL Update: I've been using my projector quite a bit the last week. However, since I work nights and am awake days the lighting has always been a pain. The mini-blinds don't cut it. So today I went out and bought curtains for the living room and my bedroom (so I can sleep). They're pretty cheap and they don't cut out all the light, but it's an awesome move toward turning my apartment into a cave. :badteeth:

Also, while I was out shopping I bought myself some big boy blankets. Since the age of ten, my main bed cover has been a sleeping bag. I'd gotten so used to it I never really thought it was all that odd... until I started sleeping at my GF's place. I quickly realized that my level of maturity truly shows when I'm using camping gear nightly. Between the loveseats and having a respectable place to sleep, that's one more step completed so I can finally invite the GF over to my place for the first time in eleven months.

Stopped by the chinese buffet place on the way home. After I had jam-packed as much in as I could, I tried to close the lid to the styrofoam container... and there was a two inch gap between the lid and bottom. I ended up getting my cash ready and in hand, using the other hand to clamp it down the best I could so I could pay and bolt. I was afraid to put any sauce in there; I thought it would have just squirted out while I was squeezing it! It's at least two meals, and only for eight bucks. I love that place now.

Not a bad near end to my day! I feel so productive! And now, I'm about to go make myself a little more fat! Afterward I'm going to put up a white bedsheet to use as a makeshift screen for the projector and then calibrate the colors. Should be fun! :thumbup:

Glad to see everyone doing well.

RL: No plans until Saturday, I believe.

D2: More work on the druid run. Act 1 is between 19:05 and 19:15. Beats my previous run by 9 minutes, and the current sub-hour sin run by 10 or so seconds.

RL:
Bought a vintage Ps1 game a while back for $50. It lacked a instruction manual (which was said to be included), so I asked the person to send it to me and paid another $10 for S&H. 3 weeks in, the manual never came, so I figured the guy just took my $10 and ran. I would normally start some beef, but because it's just a measly amount, I let it go, and went to a vintage video game store today, and bought the manual for $20. On the way home, I checked my mail: it finally came.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :thumbsdown:

D2:
Still no sign of the CD. Sigh.

omg: For that amount you could get a copy (or three) of D2. *whistle*

RL: Getting an A- in a general education course. It's really embarrassing.

D2: This is to blame for the most part. More AT runs to come. :).

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High