Problem with Fast User Switch...

Greizer

Sep 1, 2007
Problem with Fast User Switch...

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it's sort of D2-related so here goes:

Some days ago I bought myself a new computer screen. Until that day all had worked just fine with Fast User Switching between my two instances of D2, facilitating self-muling and -rushing. However, when I tried it with my new screen installed, the mouse cursor froze the very instant I chose the secondary User account. It wouldn't budge no matter what; I didn't know how to get the arrow keys to move the cursor, so there was little I could do. I then pressed the Windows key and navigated back to my main User account. The problem persisted there too; only a reset of the comp would fix it - and yes, you guessed right: every time I try to switch accs, the problem reoccurs. This won't do, obviously. What would you suggest? :coffee: :scratchchin: :wink:

Re: Problem with Fast User Switch...

Sounds resolution related....
I use this function and though i dont have probs with settings i'de at least make sure settings in each account are similar if not the same...windows display settings/d2 display kind of thing.

Sounds resolution related....
I use this function and though i dont have probs with settings i'de at least make sure settings in each account are similar if not the same...windows display settings/d2 display kind of thing.
Kinda hard to adjust them since I can't use my mouse though. Do you happen to know, how does one get the arrow keys to move the cursor? :scratchchin:

Can you try turning off Fast User Switching, going in to the second account, and making sure the resolution matches up?

Can you try turning off Fast User Switching, going in to the second account, and making sure the resolution matches up?
Fast user switching isn't a program, to be turned on or off. It is simply a couple of keystrokes that switches between two seperate users on the same computer.

Yes, I know that. But if he turns it off, he can log off the main account and into the second one to make sure his settings aren't conflicting.

It can't be turned off. He either has them both logged in, or he has just one logged in. I don't think being logged into both is going to affect his ability to change individual settings for each account.

I just turned off Fast User Switching on my own computer so I don't know what you're talking about. :p

If he can some how access the secondary account, doesn't matter how he does it, he can check if there's a conflict in his resolution or other settings. As it is now it sounds like he hasn't accessed the secondary account since getting the new monitor.

I just turned off Fast User Switching on my own computer so I don't know what you're talking about. :p

If he can some how access the secondary account, doesn't matter how he does it, he can check if there's a conflict in his resolution or other settings. As it is now it sounds like he hasn't accessed the secondary account since getting the new monitor.
Well, I could try and login to the secondary account straight after starting up the comp, but I doubt it will make a difference. I'll go do that right now in fact.

Edit: Done it now and it's weird... It let me move the mouse when I logged onto the secondary account first. I then checked the resolution (same as on the main acc), and even the other screen settings (same as on the main acc, although I may have missed something). When I looked at the "programs" slider in the Start-panel, it highlighted the program that governs the screen settings as a 'new' program. So I thought that that was the problem; that it somehow didn't 'initialize' that program properly until now.

However... When I logged onto the main acc first after that adjustment I just described, it still froze on the switch to the other acc. I am beginning to suspect that the problem is that this 'screen governor' program doesn't support Fast User Switching. Which would suck major donkey ***. I hope that it's something else but I don't know what else it could be. Help is still needed and appreciated... If I cannot self-mule anymore, I don't know if my brains can take many more temp-ban item deaths...

Last edited:

I think your right but i know nothing of that program...safe mode might be worth a go if you have not tried yet...driver problems can be ugly as we all know...have you updated every thing u can net wise and windows wise...could solve it.

I think your right but i know nothing of that program...safe mode might be worth a go if you have not tried yet...driver problems can be ugly as we all know...have you updated every thing u can net wise and windows wise...could solve it.
This is really, really weird. Although my new screen works perfectly, it says when I examine the Properties of the new screen: "Plug & Play-screen", and the driver information is all unknown, no dates or version numbers or anything. It's as if I don't even have a driver installed. And the refresh rate is 60 hz. Maybe I ought to check if there was more than one cd in the package... :coffee:

Does it say that on the main account or just the secondary account?

Does it say that on the main account or just the secondary account?
On the main acc... I've found a driver on the net now but I don't know how to install it. There's three files in a folder: v233h.cat, v233.icm and v233.inf. I tried clicking them but to no avail. Where do I put them in order to install the driver?

Not sure how that'd be installed.

It sounds like your monitor's driver wasn't installed properly. Try reinstalling whatever installation CD came with the monitor, if it has one.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High