"Do YOU like helping others?"

Do you like helping others?

• Yes, just like the TS <3

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • NO, who gives a damn about others.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Maybe, if I get something in return. Duh.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • This thread stinks.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

raveharu

Sep 12, 2007
"Do YOU like helping others?"

This is the question I have for all of you, so please be honest :propeller:

Do you actually like helping other players, or are you the calculative bunny who suddenly turns helpful only if there was payment ,or the fish-monger who wouldn't give a damn about others and just go about doing endless mf runs...

For me I love helping people, if it's within my resources of course. I always join public games, especially those which I see are basically empty except for the game creator. I know how it feels to be starting Hell with a noobie so-so with ****ty equipments and being helpless with all the Immunes and dying in 1-2 hits :badteeth:

But my rule is: All drops that I kill are mine, usually I don't pick up the low and mid level items, but you know how it pisses me off when a Unique Corona drops (it happened) and the person I was helping looted it and freaking refuses to give it back.... Also I only help people with a decent level and not some level 5 rushed character with a name like PvP_BMGod :rolleyes:

Re: "Do YOU like helping others?"

Sure, that's part of the online experience.

I just don't like those whiny people that beg all the time.

:highfive:

If someone is nice and polite on BNet, and while we chat it becomes apparent that they are new, I usually help them out in any way that I can. I won't go giving away all of my items, but a few here and there to help out a person who is struggling along.

I really can't stand it when people beg for items though... recently I was trading away a Spirit sword for some crafting runes when a guy comes in and wants it for free. For some reason or another he felt the need to brag about all the expensive runewords he had, like HotO, Grief, Last Wish, etc, and here he was begging for a flipping Spirit. Crazy.

I like helping out people who act like people and not annoying internet archtypes. Non-annoying archtypes are okay. I'll take newbs before n00bs any day.

I like helping people out at times. I used to give out everything I got from Baal that I couldn't use, including things worth multiple high runes. And if I see a game with someone needing waypoints I gladly take 1 minute out of my time to give them the ones they need. Too bad I'm not as lucky as it has been 4 days and no one is willing to give them to me (except one of my helpful friends but we're barely on at the same time)

My only hard rule when it comes to helping random people on bnet is that I don't do it for Pallies. Otherwise, I'm willing to help with skill quests for free, run the occasional free rush, kill ancients, etc. As long as people are generally courteous and show an ability to communicate beyond the inane b.net slang, I'll help them with most things they need with no expectation of anything in return.

I don't mind helping others as long as they're not the impatient people who go "soso halp me plzzzzzz!!!123" over and over.
If they spam about town portals the instant I enter the desired area, I generally just give them a bad one since they obviously can't give me 5 seconds to clear it.

What I've noticed lately is that players in d2 seem to be very bored, the amount of free rushes has increased by what seems to be hundreds of percent compared to just 2-3 years ago.
That sounds like a good thing, but what annoys me is when high levels join my questing games that specifically say "no rush" and ruin it by teleporting through the acts, completing quests that I wanted to do the old fashioned way together with the companions who joined me already, most of them too weak to say no to a rush..
Level restrictions generally work, but that causes problems when you want to get the occasional waypoint yourself to skip certain areas.

I had voted that this thread stinks but my answer is that I do help anytime I can. It's fun because they thank you sincerely even in the form of "lolz thx u :D"

edit: but yeah.. those who beg, it's annoying

Yes, i do like helping others, but i won't give people rushes, a kazilion wp's (a couple essential ones is ok, just not "all of them"), tons of freebees, etc,...
I mainly love helping others by doing quests with them, or (self-induced) side quests like collecting ingredients to craft or whatever.

I only help other people if they're mature and respectful, which eliminates about 98% of the D2 community. I won't even help people who they say they'll pay because they won't. I can't even count on two hands how many times I have helped people who have said they would pay me in some way only to have them bail when they get what they want.

I'll help the remaining 2% with just about anything: quests, transfers, item searches, etc. for free.

What I've noticed lately is that players in d2 seem to be very bored, the amount of free rushes has increased by what seems to be hundreds of percent compared to just 2-3 years ago.
That sounds like a good thing, but what annoys me is when high levels join my questing games that specifically say "no rush" and ruin it by teleporting through the acts, completing quests that I wanted to do the old fashioned way together with the companions who joined me already, most of them too weak to say no to a rush..

This was the nail in the coffin that got me to playing forever in Single Player. Now I can quest all I want.

I used to help out people when I could, but only people that seemed nice. I also used to give away gear with my MF Blizz Sorc. I joined "Free" games and got lots of guys lining and clicking my character. I threw all on the ground.

I gave away 30 ists worth of stuff a few days ago

Plus i like helping and rushing fellow etfer

I help other people all the time. I give away items that I dont need no matter the supposed value.Its just a game after all. I dont mind helping others with quests as long as they dont act like selfish idiots. Dont ask me whats taking so long while you sit in town waiting for me to kill everything so you can join in for the boss kill and other annoying stuff like that.

Just as most people seems to say its nice to help someone who's actually seem to appreciate it AND can be civil :)

Like many here I am quite free with giving assistance if the person I am helping is mature, patient and polite. Nothing worse than spam all over the screen when I am surrounded by demons!!

If they are all the above I will even offload stuff for their particular character if they need it.

Worse time was when I rushed an assassin through NM and hell, kitted him out and then was called a noob followed by a line of expletives!!! Loss was his as I was just about to give him the full assassin set.

Lately I've been doing keys runs adding Andy and Meph and keeping all good greens, golds and other useful stuff. When my stash is full, I go to normal and create a "free crap" game, wait for a couple of people to enter and dump the stuff on the ground. If I have a real good item that is good for a specific class, I'll trade it directly to them.

Once in a while, I'll scount for games looking for people needing help.

I've been playing this game since it came out (except a 1.5 year break for Titan Quest). But I only started playing on-line this year (was SP only). I rememeber starting my first char last year and someone entered my game and rushed me through normal. Here I was feeling like a noob as I had no idea what the guy was doing. I asked him why he was helping out and in his reply, he asked to make sure I helped out someone who needed it when I was able to. Not all bnet'ers are scum.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High