How do I increase my kicking damage?

Kurumi

Sep 4, 2009
How do I increase my kicking damage?

So yesternight I finally fought the Ubers for the first time with my level 83 sin. I brought along a Javazon. We encountered Mephisto first and wasted him quickly whle the zon wasted minions. Then we found Baal and that's where things went...badly. I get Baal down to the last sliver of life and then we couldn't finish him off! Between the quad-immune Balrogs that the Javazon couldn't hurt, Baal's attacks and teleportation and duplicate, we were just worn down and our potions ran out.

Eventually after the zon dying many ties we decided to bring in his Summon-mancer instead. His his skellies distracting most of the minions and him using Decrepfiy on Baal to slow down his teleporting and to lower his physical resists, we finally downed Baal. I thought not having life tap would be the end of me, but i had enough life leech and potions to power through it. Lastly, he couldn't help with Diablo since his minions got all tied up with other minions, and he couldn't get close at all, so I just ran in and tanked Big D without a sweat even with 3 Balrogs on me.

My experience tells me I can't solo Uber Tristram yet. I'm thinking that my 9k AR is a problem, but perhaps it is also the damage I can do outside of crushing blow? I rely mostly on crushing blow with my kicker, having 98% of it. When it gets down to that last sliver I just have so much trouble. I'm using Shadow Dancers and a Last Wish PB with Stormshield. What can I do to increase my damage?

Re: How do I increase my kicking damage?

List gear? How would we know anything if you don't?

Sorry. Was in a hurry.

Weapon: LW PB
Shield: Stormshield (socketed with 15 ias/15 res all jewel)
Armor: Chains of Honor Archon Plate (gotta stack resists for Meph)
Helm: Guillaume's Face (socketed with 15 ias/15 res all jewel)
Gloves: Dracul's Grasp
Belt: Immortal King Belt
Boots: Shadow Dancers +2 Shadow Discipline
Ring1: Ravenfrist
Ring2: Manald Heal
Amulet: Mara's
Notable Charms: Anni, Sin Torch

Two things that immediately come to mind is getting another Ravenfrost and possibly subbing my Dracul's with Laying of Hands.

I sometimes use level 1 Blade Fury as a backup skill when there's iron maiden around, but that doesn't happen with the Ubers.

I still have 50 unspent skill points. Maxed Dtalon. Put a smattering of points in Shadow Master. Rest one point wonders as usual. Can invest fully in Lightning and Death Sentry if need be. Or fully invest in Venom.

Venom will help a little. Last Wish may drop an uber's life down fast, but it takes a while to take what little they have left. It's actually a fairly weak kicking weapon if you take away CB.

You also need cloak of shadows. Your not a smiter so you can't tank even close like one. You need to blind their mobs and lure ubers to a safer area.

If you have no choice, remove any item that curses, equip natures peace/azurewrath and blind em and take em out one by one without worrying about life tap or anything overriding cloak of shadows. They can't spawn unlimited minions. They're like fallen shaman, the ones you kill will just return. With them blind the ubers alone can't do enough dmg cept meph so pots will help.

How will Nature's Peace help? I've never had the ring so I dunno really what it does.

Cloak of shadows is a good idea. I've been spamming Mind Blast to convert minions to tank for me, but MB doesn't last long enough.

It's difficult to up damage on a kicker. While doing ubers adding another ravenfrost is a good idea (best would be angelic combo if you somehow can compemsate the res on mara's). If you are sure you wanna use lw draculs are obsolete as lw provides enough life tap. Loh seems like a good option.

Having no life tap on a kicker would be certain death. A kicker is just too fragile.

I think enchant works on kicks. If so, a demon limb would be very useful for your AR.

Also, the ubers are lvl 110, so you might want to simply lvl up to negate the lvl difference.

I might be able to compensate somwhat by using 5 res small charms, but the 2 skill loss will b esomewhat painful. I also used Dracul for Open Wounds, but I will definitely give LoH a try sometime.

Angelic combo will solve any AR problems you have.

Consider using a Fortitude Armor. Big defense, huge dmg boost etc. Assuming you can make up those resists elsewhere with sc's etc. If you're ladder and can't afford 5 res sc's you can usually pick up some 13-14res all GC's for much cheaper.

Doesn't grief work with kicks? As far as I know ITD does not work versus super uniques, but one advantage it has over LW is -25% target def. That alone may solve your AR problems without the need to switch ring/amy setups etc. Just make sure you keep those dracs on!

I would think the OW is vital for ubering, since that's pretty much the only way you can negate their regen, especially lilith and meph, which are immune to poison.

Her nipple-ringness was pathetically easy. So was meph. I *only* had trouble against Baal. I've since acquired a GD of +120 AR and +35 life. That and I traded in my Defiance merc for a Blessed Aim merc. Got a few thousand more AR. Also leveled up twice. Gonna try the ubers again soon.

About Grief: Does the +damage work with kicks?

Last edited:

Grief does not work with kicks.

Hmm...did ubers two more times with the summonmancer. As long as we faced the ubers one at a time we actually didn't have too much trouble. My AR charm really helped I think. and based on results, I'd say that I definitely recommend Dracul's over LoH. The extra damage is not worth losing open wounds. And more chance to cast Life Tap is always good.

Tanking is actually really easy when you have lifetap.

That, and the extra damage doesn't even affect kicks.

So off-weapon ED vs demons don't affect kicks? Yeesh LoH sucks for kickers then.

So off-weapon ED vs demons don't affect kicks? Yeesh LoH sucks for kickers then.
Well, you get +3 light radius. :thumbup:

Kickers without tap are not going to die if surrounded. That's just in Uber land (and mini ubers, if the mini is around).

Besides, DS, when applied liberally to a corpse, is medically proven to reduce swelling in mobs and monsters by up to 100%.

:crazyeyes:

My kicker has NO trouble surviving outside of uberland at all except when there's iron maiden. Then she can survive but it takes longer to kill with Blade Fury.

In Uber-land there are no corpses to explode though :( So I'm still debatng whether to invest my 51 skill points into Lightning Sentry and Death Sentry.

Traps aren't something you take into Uberland anyway.

The DS was more for general PvM, especially key running, if you do that with her too.

I don't key-run with my Warrior-Monk. Teleport speed sucks for her. I might invest in traps if I ever want to Chaos or Baal run I guess.

I'm creating a Berserker right now to Key Run :)

What else should I take into uberland? I can pump SM to insane levels for uber-tanking I guess. Not sure if more venom would help. But still, I'm not ubering ALL the time...so maybe traps are a good idea.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High