PvM Sin Questions. ESCL

Yorgos

Jul 21, 2009
PvM Sin Questions. ESCL

Probably have most my answers flooded in many threads here but from the one's I have read, they either don't really address my questions or I don't understand them. From all the years of playing Diablo 2, Ive never attempted to make a sin.

a) Best build for PvM Sin (if possible to be able to do ubers on my own). Doesn't necessarily have to be a point by point breakdown, but let's say the answer to this would be a Trap sin for example then I can re search the abilities on my own and come up with a decent tree.

b) Gear to support the build in question A. Dual wield or shield? I know most of the time answer to ubers is shield but looking at some of the abilites with high enough dex I can maybe get away with just dual wielding.

c) Weapons! I have a Jade talon waiting till I get better, would some of the runewords be better then the uniques offered? I think so but still would like opinions.

I like the idea of a trap sin, but dunno if they're any good.. they look fun enough.. shadow seems interesting having a duplicate of yourself, curious if its as worthless as a Valkyrie where she wanders all the time and occasional steps up to the plate or much better version. Im totally clueless with the martial arts tree since Ive never used any of those abilites or charged moves.

Any info would be appreciated, again sorry if my answers are scattered, some of the links that are sticky'd dont work.

Re: PvM Sin Questions. ESCL

a) 'Best' is often a matter of personal opinion. I think a trapper with fireblast backup is one of the most devestating PvM assassins I've ever had, but I've never tried a K/T hybrid. However, you will need kicks to beat Ubers.

b) I've seen supporting arguments for both options, but again, Ubers requires a much different gear setup than your standard trapper. Claw block can stop elemental attacks, but Stormshield is great against physical.

c) Jade Talon is alright for an off-hand claw, but not so great as a primary. AFAIK, there are only two runeword claws that are ever taken seriously as end-game weapons; Chaos & Fury. Neither of which are used much in PvM, particularly for a trapper.

Shadow Master - I strongly believe this to be the greatest summon in the game.
Stickies - These should be working now, but if not, try changing purediablo.com to diii.net

Re: PvM Sin Questions. ESCL

a) Best build for PvM Sin (if possible to be able to do ubers on my own). Doesn't necessarily have to be a point by point breakdown, but let's say the answer to this would be a Trap sin for example then I can re search the abilities on my own and come up with a decent tree.

personally, i rekon ilkori'sins (kick/trap hybrids) are the best for general PvM, Keyrunning and Organlegging.

you can do ubers with a k/t'sin, but you'll need some gear switches to cap out your resists against U-Mephs aura.

b) Gear to support the build in question A. Dual wield or shield? I know most of the time answer to ubers is shield but looking at some of the abilites with high enough dex I can maybe get away with just dual wielding.

here's a cheap & cheerful gearset for a k/t'sin, ones with a * are on my build:

Helms: Guillaumes Face, Shako, Kiras, esoteric +sin/+res Of Life Everlasting circlets*
ammy: who really cares, look for +skills &/or resists &/or iDR (Of Life Everlasting). a maras is nice*
rings: 1x ravenfrost and who really cares for the other one.
armour: Treachery*, Lionheart, Smoke, CoH, enigma, skin of the vipermagi....
belt: dungos, t-gods*, rare with fhr/res/life, arach sash, string of ears.
shield: Stormshield*, Sanctuary runeword, Gerkes Sanctuary
gloves: Dracs*, crafted blood gloves, laying of hands, trangs
boots: up'd gores*, 2xup'd goblin toes, shadow dancers, plain gores/toes.
weapon: see below

c) Weapons! I have a Jade talon waiting till I get better, would some of the runewords be better then the uniques offered? I think so but still would like opinions.
weapon: Black Flail, The Gnasher, Blood Crescent Scimitar up'd to cutlass, Stength runeword, Stormlash*, Crescent Moon RW, (just look for decent speed, some crushing blow and ideally, CtC Static).

if going c/c, a Bartucs &/or a Jade Talon offhand is always a good option, for primary, i like a Strength runeword in a Greater Talon with nice staffmods.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High