I don't wanna be mean but...

skhafford

Banned
Sep 19, 2009
I don't wanna be mean but...

Im sort of new to this game and trying to pick up on how the economy works. I'm finding "trading" to be a real pain sometimes. It's not that the its hard to find people..it's just the people I find.
The endless "wug" "offer" "wug" "offer" gets things really nowhere.
And if I make an offer (without feedback from them or negotiation) they just leave. And when I msg them to ask what it would take to get their item you still get the "offer" reply like they are robots.
Im not sure what alot of things are worth, which is why I wish I could find a couple people to work with me when I'm trying to trade. I've had 1 or 2 that said I needed this or that, or I was getting wong end, which I respect.

Re: I don't wanna be mean but...

Usually the general trading goes something like this (at least in my case):

Me: "I have XXXX ft"
Other: "wuw for it?"
Me: "idk wug"

following that, I usually get a bunch of offers and logical I decide what is worth it and what is not. When trading for something you need, it's probably best to get yourself familiar with a pricing guide to get a basic idea of what is worth what. I could imagine the trading section in these forums should probably contain some sort of price tables.

Yep, that's how it's done on bnet... Just trade on this forum, it's a much more positive experience. And check the appropriate price guide in trade values subforum, that'll give you a general idea on prices.

On Eu Ladder there's none of that "WUW? WUG?" tomfoolery. Games usually have a title like "O Gaze N Ist Read" and then in the Info section the variable stats are listed. People generally want runes for their items; it's been ages since I made a purely item-vs-item trade. So, if you're tired of the WUWs, come play on Europe. :thumbup:

Sure, sometimes people want you to offer something for their item, but even then the offers are mostly made in Ists and HRs. Often enough you do get "LOL" for an answer though; in my case that is mostly because I try to lowball in hope of a clueless seller a bit too often. :coffee:

I really hate the fact that a lot of people don't want to negotiate a price, as the OP said, when you make an offer they just leave without saying anything. I don't know, maybe there are a lot of people that are rigid in their offers, but I'm always open for negotiation. It's just annoying when a person has something you want but won't stay longer than two seconds to hear another offer.

You can always wisper the seller and give him a fair offer. He might accept. But honestly, I leave games too if the host makes a ridicules low offer. He or she can wisper me a fair offer afterwards - that would be fine. But really, if I want ~8 ists vs an item and some dude says he offers 2 ists I'm not gonna waste anymore time that I've already done... I recon there's only a very slim chance that the dude will end up with a ~8 ists offer :scratchchin:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High