Can't Install D2

Status
Not open for further replies.

soad

Sep 24, 2009
Can't Install D2

OK so I was playing D2:LOD earlier today and have been for months with no problems. I turn off my PC and a couple hours turn it back on and attempt to load up D2:LOD. I get this message from AVG saying that diablo2.exe is infected with a trojan horse. That was a first. So I uninstall my game, delete my D2 files, run my virus scan, CCleaner and all that jazz and it now says my computer is free of any malicious threats. I try to reinstall D2 but every time it finishes installing and I go to install LOD it tells me I have to install D2 first. I've attempted installing countless times now and it always finishes the process, at least as far as I know. It runs the video tests at the end fine and asks me to register with Blizzard. The moment I am finished with this process it immediately asks me to install D2 again because it is not installed. Anyone have a clue as to why it's doing this? I've also shut off my AVG, prevented it from loading up just in case it is preventing something in D2 to work but I don't know why that would be as I haven't upgraded it recently and it's never been a problem before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High