Leveling Up Future Chars

allaanon

Jul 10, 2003
Leveling Up Future Chars

Hello folks,

Haven't been here long, just 2 weeks or so. I have a 77 fishy I've been using to run pits and find a few items. I would also like to level up a sorc so I can switch to some meph runs just for something different.

Do many of you run 2 instances and rush your lower characters? I have 4 pc's and could also run D2 on one of them instead of on one machine.

I guess I'm looking for what is acceptable here in rushing other characters. I'm not real big on questing in this game, just love to MF over and over.

Thanks for your opinions!

Re: Leveling Up Future Chars

If you check the stickies, there should be a link to the modified D2GFX.dll file which will allow you to run multiple instances on one computer. It's usually used for HF rushing, but people do use it for rushes.

Aye, I saw that link but also saw it was not looked up favorably by everyone. I have the option of doing that and running 2 on that machine. Or... I could run a copy on one of my others.

It's only unfavorable if you play on b.net, as it's bannable if detected.

Self-rushing is self-rushing, whether you do it with a modified .dll or two machines. There are some who aren't falling head over heels in their fondness for the idea, but no one in the trade pool is going to balk at it.

I use an Enchantress + Ravenclaw/Kuko to level them up faster in Normal nowadays. Whacking everything with normal attack simply wasn't fun anymore after 40 or so times.

In NM and Hell I just play the character the regular way, unless it's a special kind of build like a GF leaper.

Do I need 2 copies of the game to do this, 2 cd keys, or can i use the same account installed on 2 machines and run my characters in Lan game

Do I need 2 copies of the game to do this, 2 cd keys, or can i use the same account installed on 2 machines and run my characters in Lan game

One cdkey is enough, since the game doesn't check cdkeys in lan games, only in bnet.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High