RAFFSTER’S Holy Fire / Holy Shock Auradin Guide (ultimate PvPer IMO)

so if i put points into resist fire and salvation itll boost the damage of holy fire, even though it's an equipped skill?

I would probably consider the following;

Use doom rather than hoj+dragon. Slow is much more powerful, and it would free 20 skill points to zeal for more ar/dmg OR 20 points defiance for defence, since lvl 12 HF would only go from 250 to 500 damage, which is not worth 20 skill points. Slap on a ber levi, and you have 48% DR.

Forget about maras, use angelic. You could even prebuff a fade from treachery, and switch to hsaru boots+belt for even higher AR, while keeping 48%DR as well as gaining 65% res.

Re: RAFFSTER’S Holy Fire / Holy Shock Auradin Guide (ultimate PvPer IMO)

what if with the extra points you max fanatism then if you meet somone with crazy stacked res u can switch to grief//hoz (or exile) and zeal/simte them to death. also what about combat gc's then u can have good holy shield smite and zeal with few points spent?

So for the shield, I need to find a non magic elite shield with resistances and 3 sockets?

Is there anything I should be looking for in a helm

So for the shield, I need to find a non magic elite shield with resistances and 3 sockets?

Is there anything I should be looking for in a helm

Just because he/she says

Best strategy: Charge around in circles avoiding any potential obstacles. It’s the lamest way to duel but it’s 99% guaranteed to win against ANY opponent.

Doesn't make it so, as a matter of fact the damage can be easily reduced to nothing using gear still considered gm. If you want something that really doesn't need to aim and be somewhat effective in duels try a foh, atleast it takes some effort to counter the -res from all the facets and conviction.Why this guide got sticked is beyond me :coffee:

Really want a answer to your question still?

3os 45@ sacred targe would be best, anything 40+ resist all 3os with high def/low str req is good enough

Same thing with helm high defense low requirements.

i just wanted to know what weapon should i use for hoj and also
if you know do i need to stack the auras?(if yes
can you plz tell me how:wave:
thx

So yeah, if you're going to be cheezy and use the suggested anti-auradin gear, the auradin won't even scratch you. But that's considered bad manners in dueling. The question is -- will you survive a confrontation with an auradin with your build's suggested gear? It's the same as dueling a godly lightning sorc but switching to 2 x wisps, tgods and a 4 ort shield. Anybody can do that but -- does that make a lightning sorc crap as well?

:rolleyes:

Alright. . . I know I am responding to this quite a time away but yes, there are definitely people who see stacking absorb and stuff in a 1on1 to be in bad taste against an elemental type attacker. I mean. . . wouldn't that mean an auradin should by theory not win against a resistance stacked Vita ww barb? Take all that into consideration and you have in my opinion a very capable killer assuming no bad favor. And in pub rooms, someone who stacks to the extent you describe usually will keep dying to everyone else.
I run 3x sorcs. . . 200 fcr fb, lightning infinity and a fathom/nwing cold sorc and I have to admit that when I see people decide to put on full absorb I just go grab my zon and tell them to stay in the gear as they die. :)

it's possible to completely nerf an Auradin's damage without resorting to more than the-generally-agreed-to-be-GM One Piece Of Sorb Gear Per Element.

a Tgods and a Rising Sun along with enough resistance stack to counter conviction is enough to gimp an Auradin (even one stacked out the wazoo).

integer sorb is a powerful thing. unlike Auradins.

Auradins can only kill the unprepared. there's no need to go "BM" on 'em to kill em.

stacked auradin is hard to take out.

nonestacked is joke.

Auradins can only kill the unprepared. there's no need to go "BM" on 'em to kill em.
Agreed. I've never met any dueler who considered stacking resist over max to be BM.

On the other hand, I've met many duelers who consider Auradin tactics (ie. running around not engaging anyone, killing people two screens away with aura pulses) to be VERY BM. So I really don't think an Auradin resorting to these methods is in any position to complain about stacked resist and a single piece of absorb for each element.

I strongly suggest using Charge to attack. It'll deal lots more damage than the aura pulse, and it's somewhat less cheesy.

What is the general consensus concerning defskillers and offskillers? Offskillers for conviction, defskillers for more damage.

What's the general thought?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High