The tediousness of 1.07 - The beginning of a not-so-new adventure

Re: The tediousness of 1.07 - The beginning of a not-so-new adventure

cheers m8 :thumbup:

Oh yeah im quite sure that the large mpk rings spawn when theres mpk and cold res on the ring. If this works with the other ring formulas im not sure, but I'm guessing its only for the sapphire one (or at least the chance is much bigger)

And yeah the addendum only lists uinque rings why I was asking =)

Well, I guess I've wasted some rubies/topazes/emeralds then... :p

Oh well, it's not like some lost gems are a hard thing to make up.

@DX, I parked my barb at level8 (Apprentice suffix can spawn) and farmed a 2nd Horadric Cube for that very purpose. ;)

when you cube your MPK rings make sure you use a character at low levels like lvl 5 for the best chance of getting a nice one

And yeah sir poops go forward, I never get frozen orb before NM

Well i started up a barb instead of working with my sorc, at least for the time being. Its going a lot faster so far and much easier as well. I might get to the point that I can make myself an mpk ring before I work on the sorc any more. How well does horking work for getting sets off bosses? Anyone with some experience know anything about it? Also do the superchests in LK rock as much as they do in later patches? I never did the superchest runs but heard they were good for a higher tc or something along those lines IIRC. I think the randomness of the drops might be a detour for me to stick with racks but wasnt sure if any else has had any good luck with them, other than the guy talking about jewels earlier.

Horking works worse than 1.12 for random bosses, but it works just fine for the council. I got 4 jewels from normal council allready. I've got 12 points in find item :D

@sirpoops: Grats on your first hax(the GC), my best GC is 7 max damage so far.

Just like you figured out - mpk rings spawn only with the cold recipe. Use lvl 8 - I think that 10% fcr is what makes those really good rings become godly.

As for the leveling - iirc my sorc was ~lvl50 before Nm and ~lvl75 before hell, mostly from p8 Baal runs (wsk&bloody foothills might be an option in Nm as well as thats where I`ve leveled a lot in Hell) and leveling took about as long as in 1.12. I wouldn`t got to Hell/Nm earlier as I can`t afford to die, but if you aren`t using multiple instances it would take quite long to get to those levels.

Not to jack this thread but I have a question regarding 1.07. When is it common(well semi-common) to start getting rune drops? I've just aquired the Horadric Cube and I'm at Lvl 17 without finding any runes at all well without finding anything to be more accurate, no set, uniques ect. I haven't payed much of 1.07 in the past, this is actually my first time past act 1 in 1.07. Main reason for this question is I want to do some low level crafting.

Edit: Is this common to have not found any runes at this point or am I just having bad luck?

I was about to that point when my first runes started dropping too. It'll get "better" soon, but obviously the big ones are a ways down the road, and quantity is going to take some effort since you can't just run the countess.

And Set/Uniques are definitely less common... I've picked up every one that dropped so far (I just killed NM Radament) and my complete collection is about 20 total items (4x Sigon's Gloves is my most common S/U, and I only had 1 unique so far: Duskdeep)... and I did probably ~250 levelup runs in various parts of Normal difficulty. If I'd quested all the way through without levelup runs, I'd probably only have 3-4 total. Rare items are even infrequent enough that I still pickup & ID every one of them, and I've kept quite a few of them too.

On the plus side, I've got 5 or 6 jewels already, and jewels are supposed to be quite rare.

This thread maeks me want to kick it up again.

... But not today!

So, what's the standard way to reach the MF breakpoints? 374 for council, 556 for bosses, right? I'm talking about a SF/FO sorceress here if it helps.

Also, where would I go about finding Tal Rasha's set pieces? The armor and belt can be racked I assume, how unreasonable would it be to find the amulet at, say Hell Council? Or somewhere else?

The guides have some item suggestions for both the poor and the wealthy varying from 4xPTopaz armors to Skullder`s, as its mostly about the breakpoint you don`t have to think so much about balancing and wear what you can get.

I wouldn`t bother with Tals as there are item combos that give more MF and killing power - for example I prefer skullders+shako+MF ammy+tals belt+wizzy over full tals.

Can I trust the ATMA drop calc for 1.07?

Does 1.07 Hwanins bill have the same stats as 1.12?

You can trust atma for the most part, just keep in mind that bosses have their TCs capped as Atma doesn`t take that into account.

Hwanins bill is exactly the same, but shopping can get you some much better weapons if youre lucky with Larzuk.

The guides have some item suggestions for both the poor and the wealthy varying from 4xPTopaz armors to Skullder`s, as its mostly about the breakpoint you don`t have to think so much about balancing and wear what you can get.

I wouldn`t bother with Tals as there are item combos that give more MF and killing power - for example I prefer skullders+shako+MF ammy+tals belt+wizzy over full tals.

Actually, partial Tal's set is a great way to go. Armor + Orb + Belt gives ~190% MF, and set items are a lot easier to rack than uniques. The orb can be had from Bloodraven or the council with a very modest amount of MF as described by some clever person in the 1.07 thread. Even without the orb, using the amulet to get the 65% MF partial set bonus makes it at least even with a good MF amulet.

And act bosses are capped at around TC 40? Can TC 39 drop?

Do you know any ways to get good WW weapons in normal or act1 nm?

I think I should put the barb on hold and push my sorc further to get him gear :(

Did my first rush since my return to 1.07, and let's just say it didn't take the ~hour I was used to, even with the no FCR, very negative resists and low life. This took almost exactly 3 hours, although I did some weird stuff too, like collecting waypoints my sorc didn't have (which meant finding Khalim's pieces in Normal, too). I also did the Shenk and Ancients quests in all 3 difficulties, as well as Hell Baal and Hell Frozen River. Now it's time to read up on what I need to do with my 7 lvl 52 Amazons to get the desired Bow from Anya. Anyone care to summarize? :)

Edit: after seeing how Jaed got a GMB from his rushee I decided I might as well just try, and after 6 javelins, I got lucky on the last try:

Viper Bolt
Grand Matron Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 14 to 84
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 161
Required Strength: 134
Required Level: 67
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x508c1f0f
+1 to Dexterity
+14 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +7%
5% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

Still need to do one more p8 cow run to level to 78 though (just hit 77). Looking forward to crafting stuff once I figure out what I want (apart from a cool bow) :)

Last edited:

If anya cant prvide you with a bow then hope for luck by imbueing or craft some bows

And act bosses are capped at around TC 40? Can TC 39 drop?
Baal drops up to TC 39.
Do you know any ways to get good WW weapons in normal or act1 nm?
Shop with the highest level haracter you have, but like you said- probably the best idea is to level the sorc and return to him when you get a decent weapon.
Anyone care to summarize?
IIRC someone got THE bow @lvl 52 so all you should do is get the quest reward from her.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High