I got Rust Stormed.... :(

Re: I got Rust Stormed.... :(

Well in that case, I'd be doing a full scan of your harddrive. Then I'd change all of your passwords. I'm guessing you use seperate passwords for accounts, email, mule accounts, forum, etc?

wow this is horrible news,
but it does sound more like a case of being keylogged than a rust storm.

if you'd like I can spare some old builds I no longer play.

-Kinky

No worries bro - all cool. I have decided to stop for now till 1.13. Thanks for the offer mate!

No worries bro - all cool. I have decided to stop for now till 1.13. Thanks for the offer mate!
you sure? I have a pretty tough Lightning Javazon just sitting around rusting away :)

okay bad pun, but you get the point.

-Kinky

Protip you don't always have to visit suspicious sites to get keyloggers and stuff, internets infested with them, so better scan your computer good before someone finds out your bank account

I am worried about this forum itself. The login is not encrypted, which means things can be intercepted. Also, there's always a possibility that there is someone/something untrustworthy working on the servers (could be a rogue person, a bot infestation, whatever) which can probably grab your password straight off. I've heard a few ppl losing their accounts for doing nothing wrong other than using the same password on this forum as bnet.

I am worried about this forum itself. The login is not encrypted, which means things can be intercepted. Also, there's always a possibility that there is someone/something untrustworthy working on the servers (could be a rogue person, a bot infestation, whatever) which can probably grab your password straight off. I've heard a few ppl losing their accounts for doing nothing wrong other than using the same password on this forum as bnet.

Norton occasionally flags this site as phishing. I think I sent an email to elly to make sure she was aware of it, but I don't remember.

sunken, go screw yourself........i'll will regear your noob *ss cause you rock....pick a class......i imagine hammerdin will get your going with mf and such. It won't be cheap crap either....don't quit noob. Post a class. I'll even rush you when I can.

Please read the forum rules, and do not disrespect or talk down on other members, this inclused telling them to go **** them self or calling them a noob.

Wow that sucks.
I can get pretty bummy If I lost a few items xfering, but logging on to two different characters and seeing all the gear disappeared O_O...
Sorry for being a newb but what exactly is "Rust Stormed"

If you use the forums at that other site, you almost certainly are a victim of password theft.

The only time my characters got stripped was when I signed up for that forum.

Forum gold my behind.

No matter how badly I need to sell stuff or how good my items are now, I sell here and take less to deal with people that aren't scumbags.

But still I have to wonder if someone would go through the trouble of attempting to gain access to someone else's account why not just steal everything? And why overlook high runes and take things like shako?

I would say that his guy just made this up hoping to gain community sympathy but he doesn't seem to want anything. Just a very strange case with very few things that actually add up.

But still I have to wonder if someone would go through the trouble of attempting to gain access to someone else's account why not just steal everything? And why overlook high runes and take things like shako?

I would say that his guy just made this up hoping to gain community sympathy but he doesn't seem to want anything. Just a very strange case with very few things that actually add up.

I am a little bit surprised at this. I am not going to try to change your opinion - you are entitled to it.

People who know me knows it, and theres all that matters. Good day to you too!

oh, p.s: Remember the days of old where altruism and philantrophy (sic) still existed?

s more familiar now, even by moonlight, and soon two barking dogs pricked the horse's ears.

Last edited:

I do not expect you to feel sorry for me. I traded for those items from many people in the WSCL forums.

So if they duped / cheated, there is little i can do.

P/S: If you think that it is impossible to get those items, think again. Go take a look at the various trading forums here and you realise that what I have pales in comparision.

I think you're missing Noodle's point. You didn't earn those items in the sense that you didn't do anything that compares with what it takes to get them legitimately. No one, and I do mean no one, that actually runs LK for runes to make Enigma makes a second one (If I meet someone who has, I will turn tail and run because that person is bonkers and could snap any second.). Having two automatically means you haven't "earned" them.

But, he's being a bit insensitive. You didn't cheat/hack/dupe; you traded for those fair-and-square.

I see it both ways.

I think you're missing Noodle's point. You didn't earn those items in the sense that you didn't do anything that compares with what it takes to get them legitimately. No one, and I do mean no one, that actually runs LK for runes to make Enigma makes a second one (If I meet someone who has, I will turn tail and run because that person is bonkers and could snap any second.). Having two automatically means you haven't "earned" them.

But, he's being a bit insensitive. You didn't cheat/hack/dupe; you traded for those fair-and-square.

I see it both ways.

Yeah, I guess I sort of over reacted. Thanks for this post which kept me in check.

I am sorry Noodles for my tone.:thumbup:

There's no way you made or acquired those runewords withot either hacking/cheating yourself, or receiving them from someone who duped/cheated. If you cheat, you can get burned. I don't feel sorry for you.

Meh, aren't you being a tad insensitive? Play SP with all self-found stuff and a "pure" trading community if that's your thing, but it seems you have a bone to pick with those who choose to play on B.Net. :whistling:

sunken have you been to world of warcraft sites lately? there are several reports where normal appearing wow sites suddenly have keyloggers inside them...

for example:

curse and wowace both have been reported to contain keyloggers at the moment!

sunken have you been to world of warcraft sites lately? there are several reports where normal appearing wow sites suddenly have keyloggers inside them...

for example:

fwah, thats news.... i am a wow player.. and yes i got the curse client. @_@

Hey,

I feel your frustrations...back when d2loader was still considered alright to be used for running 2 copies, I occasionally ran 2 keys(mine and a friends who quit sometime back, both legit since 2001) mainly to mule stuff. Nevertheless, blizzard decided to deactivated both accounts during the last wave of temp/mass bans just long enough for the characters to poof. While I can still log on with both keys, I too decided to wait till ladder resets/patch and stick to one key per pc...

I too am from SG, will be on east or west realms depending on how many friends from here decide to get back...till then I'll see you around!

Cheers and happy lurking(at least thats what I do these days)!

for example:

That's news to me, I use curse on occasion and have not run into a problm yet. Have Mcafee, adware and spybot running as well.

Hey,

I feel your frustrations...back when d2loader was still considered alright to be used for running 2 copies, I occasionally ran 2 keys(mine and a friends who quit sometime back, both legit since 2001) mainly to mule stuff. Nevertheless, blizzard decided to deactivated both accounts during the last wave of temp/mass bans just long enough for the characters to poof. While I can still log on with both keys, I too decided to wait till ladder resets/patch and stick to one key per pc...

I too am from SG, will be on east or west realms depending on how many friends from here decide to get back...till then I'll see you around!

Cheers and happy lurking(at least thats what I do these days)!

D2 Loader was never considered ok to use, it''s a hack and serves as a base for the launching of other hacks, namely maphack.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High