Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Orphan ..where ya been man?

You're awful quiet there co mod o mine!

Right now I want to put Leo here under a little hot light and make her sweat

vote: Leopold Stotch

go ahead. I know i have nothing to hide. what about you, Ivan?

OT, Gorny, my sympathies.

Mara, I know you know leopold IRL, but don't let that be the reason why you're defending her. I'm not saying it is, but keep in mind that your vision might be a bit biased because she is your wife.

Don't know about voting orphan. Since I know by myself that I am pro town, I don't see it as a good idea to vote someone on the list... But I understand the town wants clearance on this and in that case, rather him then me :p So I'll vote to lock if necessary, but rather wouldn't.

no, not wife yet, still dating. i thought that was humourous. ^_^ on topic, why do you seem to not want to vote anyone unless it's to lock? it doesn't look right with me.

Marahumm - Leopold's posts in my opinion are general mafia posts (lots of talk, speculations - nicely nicely approach) - as people have mentioned some of hers have that mafia newbie feel - but I doubt she is unskilled and its an act. At the very least she feels anti town to me. (Bear in mind this is a mafia game dude no harm intended! )

i know it's a game and none of y'all mean harm. Mara kinda warned me that ppl do get a little hostile sometimes, but as long as it's just for the game, im cool with it. :wave: :D so, with that in mind...

gettin' a little nervous, Ivan? is that sweat i see on your brow, a nervous twitch in your eye?

im not prepared to vote at this point in time. I think we need to hear from orphan and aman neither of which have said anything yet as of today

i would like to hear from them as well. we need to hear their side.

Fellow Townies, i feel that mafia has us by the huevoes and we need to fight back! let's pull our brains together and think!

My top suspect currently: WickedSwami

it's either him or Orphan. i seriously feel they are in league with each other. if we get one, we can get the other, and there is hope of us winning this and sharing with Luda. my vote is unofficial for now, and it may sway in the next several hours, but until then, it stays.

I'm kind of stomped that everybody now 'clearly' sees the people mentioned yesterday as suspicious. How does it differ for you guys/girl compared to yesterday?

And yes, what is up with Aman and Orphan?

I'm kind of stomped that everybody now 'clearly' sees the people mentioned yesterday as suspicious. How does it differ for you guys/girl compared to yesterday?

Don't know about that.

Both seem to be showing up to vote and make a few postings without really adding much.

I still consider the notes as a hurtful distraction. Honestly, so much of the last day discussion was around those that it's making it harder to read some people.

I don't like Orphan and Aman's silence, at this point it seems their inactivity is playing into their hands...it certainly isn't helping the town.

Vote: Aman
Come out and play Aman! I consider your inactivity, if not a scum tell then a loss for the town - either way, it has to change or you have to go.

So it's between Orphan and Aman for today's lynch?

Orphan ..where ya been man?

You're awful quiet there co mod o mine!

I was playing a game where I caught a plane with alot of other people, but the airline was playing another game, something called "let's delay a flight to piss off a bunch of customers". Essentially, I went to catch a flight yesterday midday and didn't land until midnight (though it was only a 1 hour flight), then I had to rush to get into work this morning.

I'm still playing catch up at the moment, but the general consensus at the moment seems to be to lynch me, which I say is a bad idea being another townie. I'll post another update soon.

First of all, yes I was kind of quiet yesterday but as I touched on briefly above I was trying to catch a flight up, which should have only been an hour but took much much longer. I could scan a copy of the boarding ticket if people don't believe me.

I am still awaiting a reply from Orphan though. I posted immediately after he did, so it strikes me as odd that he didn't reply yet.

The time I posted that reply was about midnight here, and it was right before jumping off for the night. I'm not usually up that late as it is, but I had been reading through the thread and wanted to put my thoughts in before closing off.

@CC I guessed SK due to the intricate crime scene type writeups. Someone's MO?

What makes you think the intricate crime scenes are only done by a SK thought? Surely the Mafia could done it?

Seriously Gorny/Mara - do you really suspect BoD for pointing out those similarities to CSI?

It would probably raise a slight suspicion with me, on the same note that ThunderCat was bringing up the lyrics quite abit yesterday. Generally if a mafia member thought they were pretty clever putting something like that in, they would want people to talk/think about and recognize it, which might mean they'll bring it up. I could be wrong completely, but it's just something humans do.

Also I might be forgetful, but has Orphan replied to my earlier request to answer the possible slip up from DLoveSwe yesterday? Also, has he replied to the Australia connection yet at all?

I did reply to the whole connection as it is. I posted in this thread at the start that I was from Australia (post #69), so pretty much everyone in this game should have at least read that including the Mafia members, though whether they remember or not is a different story.

Likewise, I mentioned this before the note was done at the first death, which means that assuming the previous discussed theory that the Mafia have to give hints to themselves in each kill is correct, then it wouldn't make sense for me to tell everyone that fact on the very first day? I'm not a mafia member or any other anti-town role, which is why I think the notes are bogus, or at least partially.

Eeeeeh yes. And I may I remind you that Noodle didn't look suspicious in the first place? I tried to sway the votes, but no one listened.

He didn't do a good job at defending himself. Plus, no townie in their right mind should want the day to end quicker unless they're 100% certain we're lynching a mafia member. Even then, ending the day quicker should only really happen on the last couple of lynches for 100% certain mafia members, not at this stage where we don't even know how many members are out there.

The NK of Asrrim surprised me last night though when I first read it. Also the loss of the body again is frustrating, and possibly what Ankeli was referring to when he said the odds were not in our favor, since all the day lynches give us information on roles but none of the NK's do.

I do recall Orphan talking about a botched flight.

So unvote: Orphan

I have a funeral mass tomorrow morning at 930 am (about 9 hours from now) and we're planning to only go to the mass, I'm not sure If Im going to make it back on by the time the day ends.

Seeing that Orphan atleast showed up and explained himself, I'm going to switch my vote to Aman. If something happens, I'll change it if I'm back intime.

vote: aman

go ahead. I know i have nothing to hide.
again someone bluffing, I hate it when people do that. Makes them look mafia in my eyes.

OT, Gorny, my sympathies.
same from me.

on topic, why do you seem to not want to vote anyone unless it's to lock? it doesn't look right with me.
I never said I didn't want to vote anyone. I'm just saying that, since I'm town myself (and I know I can't prove this, but this is how my train of thoughts is going), I know the notes are bogus (or at least partially bogus). Therefore, I don't think we should lynch Orphan simply because he was on the note.
On the other hand, it is even worse to lynch NO one, so if me voting Orphan is the only way to secure a lynch, I will vote him.
You're putting words in my mouth leo.

My top suspect currently: WickedSwami

it's either him or Orphan. i seriously feel they are in league with each other. if we get one, we can get the other, and there is hope of us winning this and sharing with Luda. my vote is unofficial for now, and it may sway in the next several hours, but until then, it stays.

I understand you might consider me suspicious, but why is it either me or Orphan? Are you trying to make the town choose between two townies?
Why are you not mentioning CC in all of this? He was on the notes as well...

The amount of people now voting Ludacris "because everyone else is" has me a little worried.

Two pennies. I still believe the mafia haven't had a chance to communicate so far this round. If so, not knowing how the others are approaching the game will have them a a disadvantage compared with a normal starting mafia. I think I might normally expect to see a range of connections between mafia, whether they avoided each other completely or called each other townie/maff to change the town's perception of them. However in this game if I was betting I would bet on them remaining more isolated than usual. They'll keep away from each other until they've had a chance to discuss how they'll behave to each other during the day.

If this makes sense to you, I suggest taking the time over Night 1 to read through the day and see who hasn't spoken to who. Also keep an eye out to see if any players change how they interact tomorrow.

This doesn't mean however that Thundercat or Ludacris aren't mafia.

If I was voting for a lynch based purely on the information it could give us, I would probably choose Bad Ash or Dloveswe. Both are mid-range commentators and have made some interesting comments that could be informative when coupled with an agenda.

It's worth noting though that I think some of the players couldn't justify a lynch on the grounds of information but we still need to be cautious of. Players who are dangerous when they're anti-town but don't change their play much in the early stages.

Hmm Paydirt?? This post of SiTro's from day 1 is interesting...

Who has avoided who? We have more information since this point might be worth checking.
Bad Ash and DLoveSwe picked out by SiTro too - interesting... will continue looking at other posts of SiTro's and Asrrin.

I really feel like we're heading nowhere. Maybe I'm a bit spoilt from last game, where we got 2 of the bad guys in the first 3 days but if we don't get it right this time, tomorrow there will be 11 people left, and 5 of them will be bad guys (5 to find...)

I don't think Aman is mafia however, and neither do i think Orphan is.
Orphan because he was on the list, and Aman because he says the list is a joke (which it is imo, but only the people who are ON that list can know for sure ofc)

Don't really have much time to reread everything today (I have an exam tomorrow :s ) so I guess you'll have to come to a conclusion without me today,

top 2 most susicious on my list:
leopold (still..)
thundercat (gut feeling)
CC dropped off the list (he was nr2 the last time). He made some good posts in the last pages imo.

Can someone even check if aman was online in the last 48 hours?
On that note, i belive we should have a new rule, if someone hasnt posted in 40-48 hours, they should get modkilled. I know people have real lives to attend to, but anyone who plans on playing under the radar can use this argument to their advantage. Thus this rule would make them post something.

I see this Ivan and ms Stotch fling is getting more complicated, Ivan already gave me a bad vibe since the first day, and ms Stotch still has me a bit worried, knowing that most games i played irl, its a bit hard to catch a girl mafia member in a game full of guys.
Yet i still stand that someone in the notes must be lynched to find out whats going on with them, better sooner than later.
Bit less than 8 hours till day ends, and i should be here by then. So ill vote a bit later in the day.
Suspects: Wicked, Aman, Ivan, Stotch

Where is everybody? The day is growing short and we're far from a lynch.
We need to move this along, I'd like the people who're active but avoiding a vote to speak up and get a move on.

Unvote:Aman
While I was originally hoping to get some pressure on Aman in order to make him show his face, but while I'm greatly tempted to lynch him I think that at this point DLove, Ivan or Bad Ash are all better targets information-wise.
Leopold is all over the place - can't get a solid read on her either way.

Preview edit;
TC, you can check yourself on his profile, and yes - it seems Aman has been online yesterday.
I have a feeling he'll be around for a voting post before the day ends...if not, then imo he should be mod-killed for inactivity.

Suspects: Wicked, Aman, Ivan, Stotch

I agree on Ivan an stotch. They're constantly bumping up aganst eachother (no suxual reference intended :p) so my guess is that at least one of these 2 is mafia. And I'm getting the most mafia-feelings from stotch so

vote: Leopold Stotch
(copypasted the name so i'm sure it's correct)
Not intending to start a lynch train here (though Ivan was the first to vote her), I'll be on now and then through the day so if anyone has anything groundbreaking to say, let's hear it.

btw, question for ankeli: we're 13 now right? so 6 to lynch, 7 to lock?

We're entering the last 7 or 8 hours now right? Time to tighten the thumbscrews (if that translates). Wicked, yoú're prime suspect now. Orphan had his defense and it somewhat checked out. Ivan is still saying nothing with a lot of words and therefore number two. And Gorny is number three, since he's trying to be the "all-men's" friend and not daring to venture in the spotlights.

Again:
vote: wickedswami

afaic, the only reason i'm your suspect is because I was on the note. There's nothing I can do about that.
Is there another reason? Perhaps I can convince you I actually AM pro town.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High