Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

...my absolute favorite sort of beer: Yummy.

That's my favourite too! :jig:

RL: Meant to be working. Kind of am, need to test a how well a program runs on different hardware but it involves transferring a lot of data. Otherwise I need to start some serious writing but not yet in a position where I can really start that. Might make an effort though.

D2: Finally found a base staff for Memory!

Moved my current character into Hell as well yesterday. Only a few weeks old, which amazes me as I don't normally progress this fast. Looking at the ilvls of items from the chaos sanctuary (NM) and the blood moor (H) and comparing them to my level it seems I'm a few levels above the fallen and zombies too. Don't know if my gear is up to scratch, but the best way to find that out is a practical way. :grin:

Yeah... I like bitters, but I'm not a fan of extremely hoppy beer. This means it's hard for me to find ales I really like... but when I do, I remember them.

Currently reading the Sin Wars books. Interesting... not as well written as I'd hoped, but very insightful.

@SiTro: Your post looks like it belongs in a daily. Not that theres anything wrong with it being here though :)

Have any of you guys seen(esp. you, Eddie) Shepherd: Border Patrol? It has Van Damme in it.

Pijus: I think I'm lost...
I was sure this was the daily thread, but while I'm here I might as well grab my own favourite IPA, Brewdog's Punk IPA.

Thought occurs that I just talked about D2 in the EMB. All apologies for taking an OT thread OT!

+1 for someone casting Confuse. I blame Durf.

Another shift finished, and another Sunday spent waiting 1hr for a lift. Samantha's friend was running the evening shift, she is so rude, and doesn't use manners, barking orders without even using your name. Sigh.

I'm looking forward to fruit tea, classical music, and D2 MP.

Well, I had haggis for the first time this evening. I was a bit suspicious of it... normally I don't trust anything that comes out of a country where music sounds like cats being strangled, men wear skirts, and the midges can strip a man's flesh from his bones in mere seconds, but it was actually damn tasty.

Now I just need a good beer to wash it down with.

@FE: what's your weirdest moment in McDs?

We once had a customer that came in and ordered a plain cheeseburger(which have nothing extra in them and are made specially viewers), so we parked him, after a minute he complained that his wife was IN LABOUR and that he needed to get to hospital quickly.....

@FE: what's your weirdest moment in McDs?

There's far too many, and this will probably turn into a trip down memory lane for me:

- There was the shift where I was on class A stimulants, and everyone said it was the most productive/helpful/efficient etc I'd ever been.
- There's the very drunk guy who came in at 11AM (I mean drunk, not hung over) and was so annoyed they'd stopped serving breakfast that he decapitated the Ronald McDonald Happy Meal toy display in one punch. He was arrested an hour away from the store.
- Linking in with the above, the decapitated Ronald was hidden out the back. All crew (including myself) decided to finish kicking the **** out of it. I was the only one that got brought up on disciplinary charges, but they were dropped because word spread that it was nearly everyone in the store had also contributed.
- Someone had a heart attack on the dining area and died.
- I got shot at by some idiot with a BB gun while on the drive thru (the only drive-by I know of in Cornwall)
- Someone's special order was 'a bag of pickles', so we just put ten or so in a paper bag.
- Spilling a whole 18-litre bucket of shake mix as the last job on the closing shift, which literally seeps over the entire kitchen floor, minutes after you just mopped it
- Finding an old hot dog on the floor behind a chiller cabinet, three weeks after you've ended the hot dog promotion.
- To date I've found five shoes, a loaf of bread, a beach towel, a typewriter, and £45 on (trash walks) litter picks.
- I also like to duck and pretend to hide whenever the police walk in, while whispering "don't let them see me, I have outstanding warrants" to all staff in sight
- Actually receiving praise off the management team - that's pretty weird.
- Seeing the store manager's husband not get fired for: repeatedly having sex in the storeroom with another manager, turning off the CCTV for aforementioned naughties, punching a hole through the staff room wall, having a bottled drink on every shift (classified as theft in our store), and repeatedly swearing at crew very loudly on shift (especially on the Sabbath day) so everyone in the store can hear.
- Seeing a ceiling tile fall on a customer and the entire front counter staff turning around so as to avoid being seen to laugh.
- Seeing a little kid run under the counter barrier and make it all the way to the back sink area before anyone realises what the hell is happening.
- Having a cat that used to hang around the store, who I used to smoke weed with, and feed pieces of chicken nuggets and milk. I miss Chuckles.

Spam/WoT/Whatever

EDIT:

kind of got lost in the bar I guess, stuck in the wardrobe or something

There's a wardrobe in the EMB?

That was awesome. I almost laughed out loud reading the part about the falling tile--and I'm working at the quietest part of the library. I'd had a similar experience at other jobs.

The jobs I've had so far (that I can remember)
- sound equipment technician for 2 years (had to listen to so many beginner high school bands :rolleyes: )
- cashier at a coffee shop for 6 months (ever since quitting I've refused to use the word "barista")
- camp counselor for a summer camp for underprivileged kids for a week each summer for 3 years and counting (best job ever, even if I wasn't paid)
- assistant librarian for 2 years and counting (hilarious. best gossip ever.)
- writing & career services tutor for 1.5 years and counting
- economics tutor for 1 year and counting
- research assistant in economics for 2 months (and counting, to my surprise)

Last edited:
Well, at least that textual diatribe amused at least one person. Though I'd be interested to hear Pijus/ML/TRM/JayGun's thoughts on my list of weirdness, as well as the 'question asker' Mr LHTB.

It's sad that McDonald's is all I know. It's even sadder that my (unskilled) job at McDonald's is guaranteed employment, and even sadder that profits for this satanic multinational continue to rise. Perhaps this bartending job will work out. Then I can be a bartender. In a recession. With a social science degree. Yay.

Why don't you build your experience here? Tell the bar owners you have experience bartending for the Etdlahq Memorial Bar. :D

I'm kind of scared about my job prospects with a social science degree, too. :scared:

Can I put you on my CV as a reference? Also, my potential boss is my girlfriend's dad, and he knows I haven't worked at this mysterious EMB :)

At least it's not as bad as the following:

What do you say to someone with a philosophy degree?
Big Mac and fries please.

Yeah, of course. I've already started putting down my MFO win on my resume. Maybe I can get a construction job if I tell them I come with a pair of Steelrend. :rolleyes:

So. I've just been killing corrupt rogues in NM act 5. This has left me feeling somewhat confused. I thought they were a1 only.

A pint of bitter while I contemplate this, please.

Great job stories, fellas.

My first job: Sonic Drive-In.

1) Got a buddy a job there. He worked for about a week, before he was charged with cleaning the grease traps. I showed him how a couple of times, and helped him a couple of more. Then one night he was there alone, and dumped 5 gallons of hot, used fry grease all over his legs. He got fired (of course) and his parents had to pay for the reconstructive surgery.

2) Every Thursday at ~4pm, a guy would order 2 hamburgers with Ketchup only. Yuck. So one day, I poured about a pint of ketchup on each burger and sent them out to him. I watched from the window as the wrappers pretty much fell apart. I called in the Manager, and I got a one week vacation.

Later on, I worked as a pizza delivery guy (two different times).

1) The management at the first store were all drunks and drug addicts: I smoked weed in the walk-in cooler; I snorted narcotics off the desk in the office; I dropped X one hour before closing and rolled my way through the clean up. On New Years Eve, a buddy and I took 40 bottles of Boone's Farm, 2 bottles of Brass Monkey, and 5 or so bottles of aforementioned Kentucky Delux to the store, snuck in through the back (where there were no cameras at the time), and got everybody drunk: the management, the phone girls, the cooks, the drivers, everybody. Good times.

2) One day, one of the managers asked if I could take him after work to fetch his car. Sure. We got off ~6, he went across the street and fetched a 6pack of Budweiser tall boys (Pint cans), and we drank them on the way to fetch his car. . . in the parking lot of a strip club. Apparently, a stripper had driven him home the night before and done all sorts of wonderful things to/with him. We fetched his car, went back to his place, smoked weed, and he showed me a trick with his dogs: flick a lit cigarette into the yard, the dogs run over, stamp it out, and eat it.

3) Several years later, I was clean (but not sober, obviously), and working at a different store. I had two deadbeat roommates at the time, who both worked at the pizza place with me, but somehow had no money for rent or bills. I was $220 short for the month. So I finagled my way into an extra shift: 10am-2am. At about 6:30pm, an awful rain/hail storm hit. Golfball sized hail, driving rain, 10ft visibility, and I was out delivering pies: teh suxxorz, and I spent all night soaking wet and ended up with a knot on my head from getting pinged by a lump of ice that fell out of the sky. But I ended the night with $275: totally worth it.

Anyway, all this talk of old jobs has me wanting a beer, even though I decided I wasn't going to drink today. . . Oh well. I'll have an Arrogant Bastard, I guess.

Your name is now CrazyGun. Nice stories. I want a beer. It'd be hella cool to clink glasses with you man. And I want to play Theme Hospital.

Hey I love Theme Hospital!

Never finished it though :( My CD has a version that only have normal mode and I really can't pass one of the last "missions".

Talking about old Bullfrog games... what about Dungeon Keeper?

Now there was a game with a similar atmosphere to Diablo. Great fun too. Although I used to play it in an odd manner... rushing through the plain levels until I got to one that had a gem mine, then spending weeks building the perfect dungeon on it. I ALWAYS made the mistake of collecting the 'secret level' box on a certain gem level, which I could never get through. It was one where you started with a fully built dungeon and minions, then got attacked... from every direction... simultaneously.

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High