Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

As promised my magnum opus (Any errors please amend):-

Starting Players
asrrin
crowd control
noammr
dloveswe
krazeyivan
aman
gorny
bad ash
sitro
wickedswami
orphan
thundercat
ludacris
turbulentturtle
leopold stotch
noodle
bod trader
marahumm

DAY 1
Asrrin - Vote: ThunderCat – Page 13
Luda - Vote: Gorny Page 15
Gorny - Vote: Turbulentturtle Page 15
SiTro - Vote: aman Page 15
Bad ash - Vote: Thundercat Page 16
Gorny - unvote: Turbulentturthe Page 16
DLoveSwe - Vote: Aman Page 17
Marahumm - Vote: Bod Trader Page 17
Bad ash - Unvote: Tundercat Page 18 – SPELT WRONG
Bad Ash - Unvote: Thundercat Page 19
Bad Ash - vote: Ludacris Page 23
Asrrin - Unvote: Thundercat - Vote: Ludacris Page 23
Leopold Stotch - Vote: WickedSwami Page 24
SiTro - Vote: Ludacris Page 24
Ludacris - Unvote: Gorny - Vote: Wickedswami Page 24
BoD - Vote:Turbulent Turtle Page 25
THundercat - Vote: Turbulent Turle – NOT BOLD – Page 25
DLoveSwe - Unvote: Aman Page 25
Thundercat - Vote: Turbulent Turtle Page 26
Orphan - vote: Ludacris Page 27
Wickedswami - vote: crowd control Page 28
Noammr - vote: Ludacris Page 28
Thundercat - Unvote: Turbulent Turtle - Vote: Ludacris Page 28
TurbulentTurtle MOD KILLED Page 28
Marahumm - Unvote: Bod Trader - Vote: ThunderCat Page 29
Wickedswami - vote: ludacris Page 30
DloveSwe - Vote: Ludacris Page 30
Wickedswami - unvote: crowd control - vote: ludacris Page 31
Ludacris - Unvote: Wickedswami - Vote: Ludacris Page 31
Gorny - vote: Thundercat Page 32

Luda – Killed
SiTro – NK’d

DAY 2

DLoveSwe - Vote: Aman Page 39
Asrrin - Vote: DLoveSwe Page 40
Noodle - Vote: wickedswami Page 41
DloveSwe - Unvote: Aman Page 41
Marahumm - Vote: WickedSwami Page 42
Noammr - Vote: Wicked Page 42 – wrong name
Krazeyivan - vote: Wickedswami Page 43
Asrrin - Unvote: DloveSwe - Vote: Noodle Page 45
DLoveSwe - Vote: Noodle Page 47
Thundercat - Vote: Wickedswami Page 48
BoD - Vote: KrazeyIvan Page 48
Thundercat - Unvote: Wickedswami Page 48
Crowd Control - vote: wickedswami Page 49
Marahumm - Unvote: WickedSwami Page 50
Bad Ash - Vote: Noodle Page 53
Wickedswami – Vote Noodle Page 53
Marahumm - Vote: Orphan Page 56

Unvote: KrazeyIvan

Taking my vote of Ivan for the moment. Being as i'm the only one and therefore not helping the town this way. Will place a new vote in the next 10-20 mins and will be out for the rest of the day now.

I'm sensing a drunk mafia slipup here. Could you point me to where he said he was going to post during this "dayphase"? And when else would he be posting?

I think I was doing a bad job wording that sentence. He didn't say he was going to post this dayphase in those words.

My point was more that we should wait til he gets a chance to make his opinions heard, which he has had a chance to now so.

And there is of course no other time he could post than the dayphase.

I might be seeing ghosts there Dlove, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind.
A bit more then 7 hours until end of day. If anyone has some groudnbreaking stuff to share, I suggest you do it quickly, or wait till tomorrow. We don't want the votes to get divided at the end of the day.

I'd also like to note that BoD will be away for the rest of the day and dit NOT cast a vote, eventhough he said he would.

Which is probably exactly what the Mafia want by placing the notes at night (which I presume is how the notes got in place, and not by Ankeli). It's to draw attention away from themselves and on to other people. What's your reasons in thinking that the note/story are so important?

You must have missed all the posts I did earlier today.

I may have missed your posts, sorry. Could you link them to me real quick?

My reason for paying attention to the story/note is because we need to figure out whether or not we can trust future stories and notes. Noodle (I believe) mentioned that if the mafia have the ability to write their own stories it would be unbalanced in the mafia's favor. I agree with him for the most part.

Ankeli mentioned he isn't inclined to make this a story-driven game, yet the first death scene is in full detail. This makes me believe that someone else wrote it. Couple that with Ankeli saying that the town is going to have a tough time this game has me believing even more that the mafia can write out their story however they want.

The amount of manipulation the mafia can have is staggering in my eyes. I believe, however, that it comes with a price.

My theory, as I've stated before, is that in order for the mafia to use such an immense power, they have to leave a hint as to who made the kill. This would bring back more balance to our game. The only way to test this is to lynch one of those that have been hinted at in the story.

In my eyes, we need to find out as soon as possible whether or not we can ignore the stories themselves. If we CAN ignore the stories, we can concentrate solely on the interaction between players themselves.

heh-heh, i was actually looking into the second verse last night/this morning, but as tired as i was, i could barely think. now that i have had some sleep, the first thing i thought of were not song lyrics, but (one), something to do with a cop and perhaps investingating him and (two), Paradise Lost by John Milton (im sorry! im a lit major and im kind of a nut!) in the story, Lucifer (who then slowly turned into Satan. i beleive Lucifer was his angelic name before he fell. please correct me if i am wrong! :) ) had two "children"- Death and Chaos. together, those three were the opposite of the Holy Trinity; Evil Trinity. maybe this "riddler" is saying that one of two children- Death or Chaos. or a mixture of both, as seeming to me that Chaos has broken out and Death is looming over our heads, some closer than others.

but bcuz im a "nerd", the song lyrics sound a little bit better (like, make more sense) as to intrepreting the second verse. just sayin'.

as true as that last part is ("...we'd be fools not to follow up on a clue we were handed."), why lock in a vote so early so we can end the day? i can understand if there is five of us left or something, but when it's a game this big? don't. quite. follow. that.

Asrrin, i did notice how aggressive you were last game. i know we are trying to "weed out the mafia" (i believe that is what us true townies are trying to do), but look where your hounding had gotten us. a lynch of the VI. everyone's to err here, but us townies have got to play smart. but i do have to agree with you and wicked, Noodle is acting strangely funny.

really? i mean, i find other ppl suspicious too, but if ending the day early and closing in on Wicked for the kill (idk if i mean that as a pun or not... :/ ) does not strike a red flag with you, what does?

I'm pretty amazed you actually 'know' this stuff. I agree that it should've been addressed eventually, but naturally that person could also have placed the note initially.

Then you guys should discuss what to do when I'm lynched and shown to be a vanilla townie.

Yeah, I came at Wicked more aggressively than I've generally been in other games. I don't recall another game I've been in where we've been given a clue as blatant as this one. I think we have to lynch Wicked today so that we'll know how to handle any clue we may receive tomorrow. If we fail to do that, we're deliberately ignoring information the game moderator is putting in front of us. That seems scummy to some people? Seems like smart playing to me.

I expect that I'll be night killed tonight if I'm not lynched. What would that show you?

I still agree we have to follow up on the note. I get more and more the feeling that the note was from Ankeli, compensating for a too tough game lay out. And think of it, what if Wicked does turn out to be a anti-town? That would help majorly and that would also incriminate Orphan immediately as well.

You do have a point.

Aman seems to be giving a pro town vibe even though he has been quiet. He has not started a bandwagon vote on anyone nor has he jumped on anyone. He could be mafia hiding in the shadows.

Can we get a cop to investigate Aman tonight?

Ivan: You still have not answered my question.

Aman wouldn't be my prime choice for investigation if I were the cop. I'd be more interested in Orphan or Bad Ash.

Concerning this whole Gorny and Aman incident, my gut tells me that Aman is true to his word and Gorny is trying to make him look bad. Just a gut feeling, so dont take it serious. Not now atleast.
As stated before, i do feel something fishy about Noodle, but i will hold my vote for now, dont want to have craploads of votes and unvotes like last round because other evidence came up. But for now my vote is swaying on Noodle. Other suspects are wicked, Ivan and maybe CC, hes way too quiet.

Dude, I explained before: I had some shifts for attending the bar and all the other time I've been drinking majorly. It's introduction period here so the whole town is booming with freshman, students and of course hawt chicks.

I'm sensing a drunk mafia slipup here. Could you point me to where he said he was going to post during this "dayphase"? And when else would he be posting?

That is indeed fishy! Well found, but it could also point out another connection like masons. You're still my number one suspect, for the main reason that you act pretty much like me when I was under the gun when I was Mafia a few games back.

Ankeli mentioned he isn't inclined to make this a story-driven game, yet the first death scene is in full detail.

Hmmm, also a point. I have to rethink that one over.

Vote: Noodle

The more I re-read his initial insistence on a lock based on the note, the more it feels suspicious. Not only should the town run it's full day anyway to gather as much information as possible (something he didn't seem to want) but as mentioned before it's my belief that the "hints" provided on the notes aren't reliable considering the potential source they're coming from.

Noodle (I believe) mentioned that if the mafia have the ability to write their own stories it would be unbalanced in the mafia's favor. I agree with him for the most part.

Ankeli mentioned he isn't inclined to make this a story-driven game, yet the first death scene is in full detail. This makes me believe that someone else wrote it. Couple that with Ankeli saying that the town is going to have a tough time this game has me believing even more that the mafia can write out their story however they want.

The amount of manipulation the mafia can have is staggering in my eyes. I believe, however, that it comes with a price.

My theory, as I've stated before, is that in order for the mafia to use such an immense power, they have to leave a hint as to who made the kill. This would bring back more balance to our game. The only way to test this is to lynch one of those that have been hinted at in the story.

In the very first mafia game I ever played, I drew the mafia card and we were able to put forth our own notes at the scenes of the crime. It is for this reason that I have my suspicions that the mafia are doing the same thing here. Of course, Ankeli could be running the game differently here at the moment but he did say that the odds are not in our favor, which could mean the mafia do have some sort of death note ability.

Orphan, what is your take on the potential slip up of DLoveSwe?

In the very first mafia game I ever played, I drew the mafia card and we were able to put forth our own notes at the scenes of the crime. It is for this reason that I have my suspicions that the mafia are doing the same thing here. Of course, Ankeli could be running the game differently here at the moment but he did say that the odds are not in our favor, which could mean the mafia do have some sort of death note ability.

I'm not referring to just the note. I'm suggesting the whole scene is written out by the mafia.

Just to clarify this is the post i was talking about when he said he would post later in the day. The use of the word dayphase was apparantly a big mistake.

Sorry i haven't been around much at work during the day so can only check for a few hours a day. (will post my thoughts on yesterday/the nights action tomorrow after work).

Orphan, what is your take on the potential slip up of DLoveSwe?

I tell you what looking at my post before - have you seen DloveSwe voting pattern - Vote Aman Unvote Aman - hmm even looking at this first unvote I'm not too sure why he did.

We need to keep an eye on him.

The same power has already existed in another mafiagame:
In the very first mafia game I ever played, I drew the mafia card and we were able to put forth our own notes at the scenes of the crime.

so I don't see why it should 'come with a price' as you say.

Just to clarify this is the post i was talking about when he said he would post later in the day. The use of the word dayphase was apparantly a big mistake.

as I said I might just be seeing ghosts. It's just that you stated that you were kinda drunk (1 or two posts after that one, and IIRC you also said it before that you would come back for a drunk post) and the sentence looked like you hadn't reread it. You correcting the post shortly after (the "err, nevermind that post" stuff made me more suspicious
I won't vote you just for this fact, but I'm just saying it MIGHT be something interesting :)

I tell you what looking at my post before - have you seen DloveSwe voting pattern - Vote Aman Unvote Aman - hmm even looking at this first unvote I'm not too sure why he did.

We need to keep an eye on him.

Pattern? I voted for Aman to get him to post and when he did I unvoted, what is strange about that?

as I said I might just be seeing ghosts. It's just that you stated that you were kinda drunk (1 or two posts after that one, and IIRC you also said it before that you would come back for a drunk post) and the sentence looked like you hadn't reread it. You correcting the post shortly after (the "err, nevermind that post" stuff made me more suspicious
I won't vote you just for this fact, but I'm just saying it MIGHT be something interesting :)

I see your point. The nvm that part was because i replied to a post before i've read through all the pages so i hadn't seen that aman hade posted which made my post look pretty stupid.

My apologies for being a no-show during this day, but rl restrictions have limited the amount of time I can spend on the forum. Won't have time for my re-read so I'll vote based on this days events;

Vote:Noodle

I don't buy the whole 'Ankeli is giving us free mafia lynch, wheeeeeeeee' and I doubt even more Mara's theory on mafia making a write-up to compensate for their power. If they gave us mafia names with every nk, the game would be over with a town win far too easily (honestly, in a game like this - that 'hint' wasn't nearly subtle enough to go unnoticed). Also, if following notes seem important enough - we can always lynch test at that point.

Wicked and Ivan (shady, shady Ivan) - you may be onto something with Dlove's 'slip' thing but I just don't see it...unsure about him as I find him a hard read.

I will check in as I can to see we're not missing a lynch chance with the noodle/wicked split.

Roughly 3 hours to the deadline. Choochoo.

Votee(number of votes): voters

noodle(6): asrrin, dloveswe, bad ash, wickedswami, orphan, noammr
wickedswami(3): Noodle, krazeyivan, crowd control
orphan(1): marahumm

with 15 alive it's 9 to lock and 8 to lynch.

I'm not referring to just the note. I'm suggesting the whole scene is written out by the mafia.

That makes sense and it's exactly the reason why I holded off on voting for Wicked even though the note seemed to point right to him. It seems as if someone is trying to cast suspicion on him just because his name is Wicked. I also have a gut feeling that the knife and Orphan deal is a wild goose chase.

I'm leaning towards voting for Noodle because of his reaction yesterday.

Damn, I don't want Noodle to have the lynch today. But I like a no-lynch even less. Is everyone so hung up on Noodle? Day's end is coming closer and we are close to a lynch.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High