Tournament: The Sword of Destiny

Re: Tournament: The Sword of Destiny

Yeah, it has a lot of nice mods...but this is clearly a sign that there is a godly SoD waiting somewhere to be picked up (or a Kinemil's :) ).

Moving along nicely, and I slowly become better at playing this character/merc duo. Apart from the fight with Andariel, Alhizeer died only a few times.

At level 52, Marion could put a point in Energy Shield. I look at it this way: I have a mana pool I want to use. It´s not big, but it´s decent (and growing with every level, and I will eventually have a great mana regeneration rate as well). I use it only for teleporting around, and for refreshing Enchant and Shiver Armor. Might as well use it to take less damage from hits. Maybe even take me out of 2-3-hit-kill territory of some nasty bosses, etc.

I am not worried about not having mana for an urgent teleport. If it is an emergency situation, I will generally drink a full rejuve, then attempt to teleport away. I have hoarded rejuves since the start - I should have enough of them for regular use.

How do I know what level of ES I want? I take the value of my life plus half of my mana (when you don´t pump TK, one point of damage that ES takes care of makes you lose 2 points of mana) to get a total. Then I divide the max life with the total. That´s the percentage of the damage that the life pool shall suffer if life and mana is going to be depleted at the same time (barring mana burn and elemental damage). At the moment, the amount of life comprises 86% of the total. So ideally, the ES should absorb 14% of the damage. Level 1 ES absorbs 20%. That´s close enough. If I happen upon some items with such big +mana bonuses (I won´t look for it, but it may happen anyway) that the life comprises around 75% of the total, I will add a point to ES.

I got a great rare helm from a Dark One in the first pack on Andariel´s floor. Big lightning resist, a little cold resist, FHR and some +life.

In the Andariel fight, I tried to let me and the merc take turns tanking. Neither of us could stand up for long, so it was a lot of hit-and-run, potion drinking, and many merc resurrections. I didn´t need to touch my stash full of gold, but the inventory went from a maxed 530k down to around 320k. However, there was more than 100k worth lying around on the last floor.

I have switched over to a HF merc now. Let´s see how that goes. First floor of the Sewers was no problem, despite heavy fire resistance of many monsters. Looks promising...

Merc really needs a bigger stick. The +97% ED Poleaxe is getting wimpy. I can´t upgrade it either, as I nave not seen any Amn runes yet. And there are also so many other things I want to do with Amn runes...

[Highlight]Destroyer Marion the Enchantress and Emilio the Holy Freeze merc, level 53, NM Lut Gholein Sewers level 2 next[/Highlight]
(yes, the game is running at this time)

Bul-Kathos managed to improve some of his gear. The first and perhaps biggest upgrade was the weapon, thanks to a newly found Sol rune (courtesy of the Countess):

Code:
Soulflay
Dacian Falx
One-Hand Damage: 24 to 56
Two-Hand Damage: 49 to 115
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Dexterity: 20
Required Strength: 91
Required Level: 30
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x76621a4b
+89% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +5
4% Life stolen per hit
9% Mana stolen per hit
Required Level +5
10% Increased Attack Speed
Managed to find a pretty good circlet as well, though it's currently reserved for my merc as I'm enjoying variety of +skills on my grey class-specific helm (+2 Increased Speed FTW!):

Code:
Armageddon Visor
Circlet
Defense: 49
Durability: 28 of 35
Required Level: 30
Item Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xd84f9c5e
+8 to Strength
+59 to Life
+61% Enhanced Defense
+4 to Minimum Damage
All Resistances +11
+2 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

Last but not least, I realized I needed some %CB for bosses, so I crafted this pair of gloves and got a lucky max %CB roll to boot:

Code:
Storm Hand
Sharkskin Gloves
Defense: 60
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 45
Item Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x41b9363e
+13 to Life
+50% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +7%
4% Life stolen per hit
10% Chance of Crushing Blow

Code:
Name         Character       Class       Area         Level  Current Sword
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyrax        BigSword        Amazon      Guardian      79    SoD: Blacktongue (upped + shael)
Nogan        myswordisbigger Barbarian   N Harrogath   64    SoD: Soulflay (upped + shael)
Moonfrost    Bul-Kathos      Barbarian   N Far Oasis   51    SoD: Soulflay (upped)
Kimppi       ChosenOne       Barbarian   N Great Marsh 50    Rare Espandon
Kavarin      Lancelot        Necromancer N Magi Canyon 44    SoD: Soulflay
Zuggz        Zeath           Necromancer N Lut Golein  48    Sup Flamberge Flawless ruby, topaz, skull
Raver        Helena          Assassin    N Cats        47    Rare Bastard Sword
jiansonz     Marion          Sorceress   N Blood Moor  49    SoD: Shadowfang (jewel of prosperity)
Justin       Vengeance       Barbarian   N R. Camp     48    SoD: Sword Guard (Shael)
Sorcererbob  Snowman_Frosty  Paladin     Ancients Way  30    3sock claymore: EthEthTal (eth sup bastard sword on switch for bosses)
Snarfer      Paul_Bunyan     Druid       Harrogath     32    Claymore/flawless ruby/topaz/saph
NacRuno      Vega            Necromancer Harrogath     33    Rare Giant Sword
jimmah       Sven            Barbarian   Pandemonium   26    2-H sword TAl/Tal/Tal
Whommy       Brynhilda       Amazon      L. Kurast     29    2-handed sword +chippies
Thaquitz     Thrain          Barbarian   L. Kurast     26    2-H/Jwl of Envy/flwd emrld/flwd skull
Sixstringer  Desdemona       Sorceress   Kurast        23    Claymore/Amethyst/El
Hanshotfirst Hinamori        Sorceress   Kurast        25    2-H/Tal/Tal/Tal
altima       Gawain          Barbarian   Act III       25    Sup Claymore 3x Ith
Dlav         Uncle-Sam       Paladin     Canyon Magi   22    Superior Claymore/Tal/Ral/Ith
PFSS         TwoBob          Paladin     Lut Gholein   24    Rare 2-H Sword
buraz        Blade           Druid       Lut Gholein   21    2-H/ch skull, topaz & emerald
Rhia         Pointu          Amazon      Lut Gholein   19    2-H/ch saphire, topaz, and skull
Carolus Rex  Conan           Barbarian   Lut Gholein   20    Claymore/2 ch skull
Haerviu      Scorpeia        Amazon      Lut Gholein   20    2-H/ch-Topaz/Emerald/Saphire
Sixstringer  Turin           Paladin     Lut Gholein   21    Claymore/Tal/Tal/Tal
DemonOfWrath Sardinath       Barbarian   Far Oasis     22    Claymore/flawed topaz saphire and skull
sdbramwell   Bladestone      Paladin     Lut Gholein   22    Claymore/topaz/Jewel/flwd emrld
Baajir       Orlog           Necromancer Black Marsh   13    2-H / ch topaz
Nagisa       Gintoki         Necromancer Stony Field   10    Sup 2-H/ch saph,ruby,emerald
FaNCy        Harlequin       Amazon      Cold Plains    7     -
sveinbjorn   Sir_Robin       Paladin     Rogue camp     1    Starter sword
Ordeith      Moiraine        Assassin    Rogue camp     1    Starter claw
[highlight]Fallen Heroes[/highlight]
Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XxuberstarxX Boxxy           Assassin    H Cold Plains 64    SoD: Shadowfang (upped + shael)
Raver        Natasha         Amazon      N Pand        59    Claymore/ Tal / Ral/ Jewel
Nunka        Gurloes         Paladin     N Travincal   58    Zweihander/12% ED jewel/2x pskull
Buraz        Macho           Barbarian   N SpiderCave. 50    SoD: Soulflay (upped + shael)
XxuberstarxX Elessar         Paladin     N Maggot Lair 48    Flamberge/2x ort/2x ral
Hanshotfirst Hinamori        Assassin    N Catacomb4   46    Rare Giant Sword
Sixstringer  Sangar          Paladin     N Stony Field 41    Flamberge/Jewel of Ire/Ith/Skull
Justin       tourny-one      Barbarian   PandFortress  33    GiantSword (ith, sapp, jewel (5max dam, 17 ar))
Greizer      WoodChuck       Barbarian   Chaos Sanc    30    Claymore (Tir+chipped skull+lol)
skoolbus     Lancelot        Paladin     Chaos Sanc.   25    SoD: Shadowfang
Sixstringer  Stormblade      Paladin     Chaos Sanc.   30    Claymore/Ral rune, jewel of envy
Nunka        Dorcas          Sorceress   Chaos Sanc.   32    Sup Clay/saph/topaz/emrld
JayeM        Garvin          Paladin     D. of Hate 3  29    Rare claymore
sdbramwell   Crisendon       Paladin     CanyonMagi    24    Claymore/JoEx2
stbay        Xerber          Paladin     Jail Lev1     17    2-H / 3x jewel of envy
JayeM        Groo            Barbarian   Triangl tomb  26    Rare claymore
ShadedOne    Deuxmains       Paladin     Duriel's      25    2-H/ch saph/ch skullx2
JayeM        Howell          Druid       Canyon/Magi   25    2-H/ruby/skull/J.ofEnvy
sveinbjorn   Elric           Necromancer Tal's Tomb    24    2-H/2 ch emrld/skull
Greizer      LeChuck         Paladin     Tal's Tomb    23    3sox Claymore/20psn jewel/12%dmg to mana jewel/empty
Greizer      Sassy_Lass      Sorceress   Arcane Sanct. 21    Claymore (Skull+12% ed jool+flawed emerald)
jamesixgun   Judith          Assassin    Lost City     24    2-H/ch 2x ruby/saph
jamesixgun   OrangeJuice     Barbarian   Lut Gholein   20    2-H/+3 min Jewel/fl topaz/ch ruby
sveinbjorn   Begg Galoot     Barbarian   Stony Field   12    2-H/3 ch em
Brutass      HugeWilly       Barbarian   Catacomb4     18    2-H/normal sword
sveinbjorn   Fafhrd          Barbarian   Cathedral     19    2-Hand/2 ch emrld
bcoe         Walter          Paladin     Catacombs 3   17    2-H/JofEnvy
sveinbjorn   Miyumi          Assassin    Jail Lvl 1    17    2-H/2 ch emrld
Rhia         Baam-Baam       Sorceress   The Pits      17    2/H/ch topaz,ch rub,ch emerald
TLOD         Norris          Barbarian   Balck Marsh   17    2-H/ch topaz.ch skull
JayeM        Leona           Sorceress   Monastery     16    2-H/Ch Skull/topaz/sapp
PFSS         Bob             Paladin     Duriel        20    Claymore/+5Max/+7Max

REVENGE!!!

Hey Duriel! Yeah you *******! What's that? Holy Freeze is a *****? How's it feel now you **** ***** ******** **** piece of **** ****** ******.

**** you Duriel, and the horse you rode in on you worthless **** **** *****.

So after leveling to Level 27 and running from the Stony Field WP back to the Rogue Camp, checking every shrine along the way until I had a PTopaz, PRuby and a Flawless Emerald to put in one of the 3 Socket Two-Hand Swords I shopped I took Duriel down and hired a Prayer Merc for Act 3.

Act 3 was pretty easy at such a high level, even on Players8 and TwoBob is now standing at the Pandemonium Fortress at Level 27 and about to begin his march to Diablo.

I put a Flawless Emerald in my sword, as a kinda poor-mans Prevent Monster Heal, but have since found a poison SC with the same duration (though much less damage) so as soon as I get some PTopazes together I'm putting them into another of the 3-Socket Two-Hand Swords I shopped at the beginning for a bit more kick. The Prayer Merc is going OK, but I'm considering a Blessed Aim merc if I don't have any luck with AR charms. All gear is rare (missing one ring and amulet slot) though I'm planning on a few Blood Items once I can get my hands on some crafting supplies.

Just to check - Magic (Blue) Swords are out of bounds aren't they?

Code:
Cyrax        BigSword        Amazon      Guardian      79    SoD: Blacktongue (upped + shael)
Nogan        myswordisbigger Barbarian   N Harrogath   64    SoD: Soulflay (upped + shael)
Moonfrost    Bul-Kathos      Barbarian   N Far Oasis   51    SoD: Soulflay (upped)
Zuggz        Zeath           Necromancer N Lut Golein  48    Sup Flamberge Flawless ruby, topaz, skull
jiansonz     Marion          Sorceress   N Blood Moor  49    SoD: Shadowfang (jewel of prosperity)
Justin       Vengeance       Barbarian   N R. Camp     48    SoD: Sword Guard (Shael)
Sorcererbob  Snowman_Frosty  Paladin     Ancients Way  30    3sock claymore: EthEthTal (eth sup bastard sword on switch for bosses)
Snarfer      Paul_Bunyan     Druid       Harrogath     32    Claymore/flawless ruby/topaz/saph
PFSS         TwoBob          Paladin     Pandemonium   29    2-H/PT/PR/FE
jimmah       Sven            Barbarian   Pandemonium   26    2-H sword TAl/Tal/Tal
Whommy       Brynhilda       Amazon      L. Kurast     29    2-handed sword +chippies
Thaquitz     Thrain          Barbarian   L. Kurast     26    2-H/Jwl of Envy/flwd emrld/flwd skull
Sixstringer  Desdemona       Sorceress   Kurast        23    Claymore/Amethyst/El
altima       Gawain          Barbarian   Act III       25    Sup Claymore 3x Ith
Dlav         Uncle-Sam       Paladin     Canyon Magi   22    Superior Claymore/Tal/Ral/Ith

buraz        Blade           Druid       Lut Gholein   21    2-H/ch skull, topaz & emerald
Rhia         Pointu          Amazon      Lut Gholein   19    2-H/ch saphire, topaz, and skull
Carolus Rex  Conan           Barbarian   Lut Gholein   20    Claymore/2 ch skull
Haerviu      Scorpeia        Amazon      Lut Gholein   20    2-H/ch-Topaz/Emerald/Saphire
Sixstringer  Turin           Paladin     Lut Gholein   21    Claymore/Tal/Tal/Tal
DemonOfWrath Sardinath       Barbarian   Far Oasis     22    Claymore/flawed topaz saphire and skull
sdbramwell   Bladestone      Paladin     Lut Gholein   22    Claymore/topaz/Jewel/flwd emrld
Nagisa       Gintoki         Necromancer Stony Field   10    Sup 2-H/ch saph,ruby,emerald
Code:
XxuberstarxX Boxxy           Assassin    H Cold Plains 64    SoD: Shadowfang (upped + shael)
Raver        Natasha         Amazon      N Pand        59    Claymore/ Tal / Ral/ Jewel
Nunka        Gurloes         Paladin     N Travincal   58    Zweihander/12% ED jewel/2x pskull
Buraz        Macho           Barbarian   N SpiderCave. 50    SoD: Soulflay (upped + shael)
XxuberstarxX Elessar         Paladin     N Maggot Lair 48    Flamberge/2x ort/2x ral
Sixstringer  Sangar          Paladin     N Stony Field 41    Flamberge/Jewel of Ire/Ith/Skull
Justin       tourny-one      Barbarian   PandFortress  33    GiantSword (ith, sapp, jewel (5max dam, 17 ar))
Greizer      WoodChuck       Barbarian   Chaos Sanc    30    Claymore (Tir+chipped skull+lol)
Sixstringer  Stormblade      Paladin     Chaos Sanc.   30    Claymore/Ral rune, jewel of envy
Nunka        Dorcas          Sorceress   Chaos Sanc.   32    Sup Clay/saph/topaz/emrld
stbay        Xerber          Paladin     Jail Lev1     17    2-H / 3x jewel of envy
ShadedOne    Deuxmains       Paladin     Duriel's      25    2-H/ch saph/ch skullx2
JayeM        Howell          Druid       Canyon/Magi   25    2-H/ruby/skull/J.ofEnvy
sveinbjorn   Elric           Necromancer Tal's Tomb    24    2-H/2 ch emrld/skull
Greizer      LeChuck         Paladin     Tal's Tomb    23    3sox Claymore/20psn jewel/12%dmg to mana jewel/empty
Greizer      Sassy_Lass      Sorceress   Arcane Sanct. 21    Claymore (Skull+12% ed jool+flawed emerald)
jamesixgun   Judith          Assassin    Lost City     24    2-H/ch 2x ruby/saph
jamesixgun   OrangeJuice     Barbarian   Lut Gholein   20    2-H/+3 min Jewel/fl topaz/ch ruby
Rhia         Baam-Baam       Sorceress   The Pits      17    2/H/ch topaz,ch rub,ch emerald
TLOD         Norris          Barbarian   Balck Marsh   17    2-H/ch topaz.ch skull
JayeM        Leona           Sorceress   Monastery     16    2-H/Ch Skull/topaz/sapp
PFSS         Bob             Paladin     Duriel        20    Claymore/+5Max/+7Max
[/QUOTE]

Turin and Razan have slain Duriel after much running of areas (Andy, False tombs) for better gear and levels.

Charm drops have been both great and horrible at the same time. They're great in the sense that I have +85 life worth of charms (29 in small charms alone), but have found only four charms with +to resists. Fortunately, Andy running has given me a pretty good spread of gear with some decent resists, so they're all in the midrange--except for fire, which was boosted immensely by this drop from Duriel. I've been hoping for some more MF now that Turin has his SoD, but with the 9% from those boots he now has %15. Dury also dropped Treads of Cthon.

It's amazing how much the leech from Shadowfang helps with survival using Sacrifice. My potion budget has gone waaay down. The damage is also pretty decent with sacrifice at slvl 17; most stuff dies in 2-3 hits on players 8 at the moment. I also have cubed/shrined up three perfect rubies that I'll craft into blood gear once I hit level 31, so that will also help in the leech department.

All in all, Turin's gear is much better right now than the late Sangar. That's good! Off to Kurast.

One reminder on the Table: When adding yourself or changing your position on the table, please remember to sort by area first. Then if people are at the same area, the lower level goes higher on the table, because the lowest level guardian wins.

Good luck everyone.

Code:
altima       Gawain          Barbarian   Kurast        25    Sup Claymore 3x Ith
Sixstringer  Turin           Paladin     Kurast        27    SoD: Shadowfang
Code:

Sacrifice Paladin seems like a cool build for this tournament. :)

20 sacrifice
20 fanaticism
20 redemption

and what else?

Finally found some time to play and pass one more act without getting myself killed, Vega will henceforth be known as Slayer Vega. I somewhat rushed actV and ended at only clvl 42. I didn't skip any monster i met but i dropped down players setting from time to time. Not a single change on my gear occured (i still don't have an amulet), the only difference since start of actV is that i needed to change my prayer merc with a blessed aim one. My accuracy dropped too much and when each of my swings almost a full second, missing is not fun at all. Blessed aim merc mostly solved my AR problems but i understood how much protection i had from the prayer. My bone armor absorbs 450 damage and it is always active, and since i got hurt only from magical damage prayer was enough to keep me at full health since actII. Now the prayer is gone and i am afraid i might forget to drink potion when needed.

Currently my damage and attack speed is pathetic but i have every mean possible to keep my merc Zanarchi alive and deadly. Even Lister's pack was no match for him since i spammed bone prison all over the place letting Zanarchi poke the minions one by one. Even when he is surrounded, all he needs is a single hit to fully regen thanks to emergency Life Tap :). In all other situations i am using amplify damage. Trying to get better use from the bone wall/prison so i am usually not to bothering with dim vision for rangers.

I found a white flamberge, plan to imbue it once i return the hammer to Charsi. I should say that i am envious of all the people that craft one of item after another. Only perfect gems i have are a skull, diamond and topaz; all the wortless gems for crafting. I don't see any use for those gems other than rerolling a charm maybe. I know i should rather do full clears rather than rant about it but still :)

The fact that i didn't find a SoD yet makes me hopeful but i am afraid to talk more about it :)

Code:
NacRuno      Vega            Necromancer N Rogue Camp  42    Rare Giant Sword
altima       Gawain          Barbarian   Kurast        25    Sup Claymore 3x Ith
Code:

20 sacrifice
20 fanaticism
20 redemption

and what else?

Hopefully Turin lives long enough to have to get to make that "what else" choice! If he does keep living, I'll put at least a point into Vengeance by Hell diff to deal with PIs, and after that, who knows? It might be Blessed Aim, for the passive AR bonus, or more points into Vengeance if the need arises. General utility stuff is an option too. Prayer might help to revitalize during the fight with the ancients. A few more points in Cleansing or Vigor wouldn't be wasted either. Lots of options when you don't have to get Holy Shield.

20 sacrifice
20 fanaticism
20 redemption

and what else?

I don't know if I'd recommend maxing Fanaticism, considering the synergy is low and Sacrifice does enough damage to get by on its own (especially with a maxed Redemption). You might want to try something like Holy Freeze to keep enemies moving slow and to deal with Physical Immunes.

It might be Blessed Aim, for the passive AR bonus

I didn't know about this! How does it work/how much passive AR bonus do you get?

TwoBob steadily worked his way through Act 4, after pumping Vita so much for the showdown with Duriel I thought some strength and dex for a sword upgrade was fair so TwoBob is now wielding a Rare Flamberge with 10% IAS and another on switch socketed with Ith/Ith/RareJewel, but chances are that one won't be used much as I mainly had it for the 30% FireRes on the Jewel because Diablo was harder than expected.

Before Diablo I hit Chaos several times on Players8 to level up, but got nervous after a NDE from being cursed with IM at the start of my 5-Hit Zeal cycle. Thankfully my physical damage is pretty shocking.

While running Chaos a white Circlet dropped so I decided to burn my imbue quest on it and got this:

Imbue

which I am moderately happy with, it's not godly but the AR/PDR/PoisonDamage are all great helpers at this stage.

Stats for taking down Diablo

Diablo dropped no uniques but did drop a nice rare amulet and rare ring (for untwinked) which should help with my AR, though my Blessed Aim Merc is doing a good job too.

Ring
Amulet (If only that was +1 Paladin Skills...)

TwoBob is now flying through Act5 and is currently looking for the Frozen River.

Code:
PFSS         TwoBob          Paladin     CrystalPass   36    Rare 2-H Sword
Code:
[/QUOTE]

@PFSS: Blessed Aim gives 5% AR per hard point, according to the Arreat Summit.

@Nogan: I'm playing Fanaticism by ear. IAS is never bad, and with my SoD's maximum 34 damage, one synergy might not be dealing out enough. We'll see.

Also, Maxing fana would give synergy damage + aura damage itself & speed (really helps and I have a hard time with slow hitting heroes). If my Zerker dies I might enter with a build like that.

The daily update. :)

A nice thing about Act II NM is that you gain 7-8 levels in it (on /p8 full clear). I pump Warmth at the moment (level 6 now). This is the first time I´ve done that with a fighting Sorceress, and I can clearly see the Enchant damage is ramping up nicely. I´ve only had one Enchantress before that I´ve taken this far, but she was basically a Blaze sorc and the maxed Enchant was mostly there for the AR bonus so she (and her rogue merc) could take out FI monsters with physical damage. She did have maxed Fire Mastery for the sake of Blaze, of course, so Enchant damage was OK. It worked fine against non-FI monsters that can´t be effectively Blazed, like adult maggots and such.

Anyway, the desert areas have not been troublesome so far. My new buddy Emilio has only died once, against a large pack of leapers (including two Champs and a Berserker). The Holy Freeze gives me something I really need, more time for micro-management in the fights. When I stop MF-ing and (hopefully) gets some better attack speed, it will work even better.

I have crafted another Blood belt and another Caster amulet, but they came out as complete crap. Before the next session, I think I´ll try a bunch of Safety boots, because I have four Ort runes and at least three perfect sapphires. (EDIT: Dammit! I need to back to Anya to buy some crappy ilvl 45 Greaves, because nobody in the first two acts in NM sells them. Or I can be patient and wait for drops with a slightly better ilvl. Or wait until the next act when I can get ilvl 65 Greaves from Asheara...)

BTW, here is the readout of that sweet helm from Catacombs level 4:

Glyph Mask
Helm

Defense: 24
Durability: 17 of 24
Required Strength: 26
Required Level: 26
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0xafc2851f
+4 to Energy
+20 to Life
+30% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +22%
Cold Resist +7%
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Those of us who can´t find a rare circlet (or don´t want to burn an imbue this early), we really appreciate something like this. :thumbsup:

[Highlight]Destroyer Marion the Enchantress and Emilio the Holy Freeze merc, level 55, NM Far Oasis next[/Highlight]

Last edited:

TwoBob got his Deeds at level 44 :(

An accidental 5-Hit Zeal Cycle on a Fire-Enchanted Beetle in the Maggot Lair fried him.

With him died the last of the Bob Family, I've had a great time playing in this tourney and it's been fun playing a character I would not have tried before, but I don't have the heart to invest the time to do it all over again at the moment.

Good Luck to the rest of you :)

Code:
Code:
PFSS         TwoBob          Paladin     N Maggot Lair 44    Rare Flamberge
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Sven pulled out his sword from Baal's dead husk. The last of the prime evils was dead. Somehow he didn't feel relieved in the least. He still hadn't found his destiny.

He had only recently ditched the TalTalTal sword Countess had given him after long, violent, negotiations. WSK had proven to be as far as his old sword from his teens would last. Instead he had taken a newly found Flamberge to his old acquaintance Charsi. She had worked night and day and forged a beautiful new sword for Sven.

Walking into a rouge camp and talking to a greeting caravan trader he was overwhelmed with a feeling of Dèjá vu. Somehow he felt as the hostile world had only grown stronger. He feared his tender age of 43 would be too young, but he knew he had to tread on. His destiny was still out there...

Code:
jimmah       Sven            Barbarian   N Rogue Camp  43    Rare Flamberge (imbued)
Code:

In just two sessions, Brynhilda has forged her way deep into Act V of normal. Mephisto proved to be no match for the combined might of Alhizeer, Brynhilda, and the decoy. He dropped all rares including an armor and helm upgrade for Alhizeer, who had been sporting plain, white items to that point.

Act IV was done primarily at /players 5 because none of this troop could deal damage effectively. I did score an Amn and 2 Thuls while clearing the Plains of Despair (I think that's the name... the area Izual resides in). The Hellforge dropped a Tal along with a perfect Diamond... more like Perfectly Useless Diamond. Diablo was a major pain in the rear. By this point Brynhilda was level 32, and had invested as much as possible in Valkyrie and Decoy. This meant that the Valk could barely survive one lightning hose. Unfortunately, Alhizeer could not be convinced to stand anywhere but directly on top of the valk, and he could not survive a hose. This meant multiple trips to town to revive him and to stock up on pots. Eventually Diablo went down, and the troop moved on to Act V.

I rushed through the first few sections until I had rescued Anya. That turned out to be a relatively trivial task. I then spent about an hour killing Pindle and Eldritch, which got Brynhilda to level 43, but did not produce a Sword of Destiny, nor any other useful equipment. Next step: the ancients and Baal. Oh yeah, I also "upgraded" Brynhilda's sword to a white Flamberge.

Code:
jimmah       Sven            Barbarian   N Rogue Camp  43    Rare Flamberge (imbued)
Whommy       Brynhilda       Amazon      Cryst. Pass.  43    white Flamberge
Code:
[/QUOTE]

Completed Act 2. Duriel must've realized he wouldn't kill me by sheer force so he tried to bore me to death instead, turning the fight into an incredibly tedious I-punch-you-you-punch-me kind of thing with both of us slowed due to cold damage/holy freeze. Eventually he dropped this. At least I put the mandatory TP scroll to good use by getting the hell out of there.

Act 3 awaits, though I must admit this particular character build is very tedious. While most things die in 1-4 hits on /players 1, not having an AoE damage ability really slows everything down and forces me to Howl things off me and Leap Attack past larger groups of mobs (mummies and their skeleton packs in particular). Mobs come in packs and having to pick them off one by one a bit too slow for my taste. Ah well.

Code:
Moonfrost    Bul-Kathos      Barbarian   N Kurast Docks52    SoD: Soulflay (upped)
Code:

Act 3 awaits, though I must admit this particular character build is very tedious. While most things die in 1-4 hits on /players 1, not having an AoE damage ability really slows everything down and forces me to Howl things off me and Leap Attack past larger groups of mobs (mummies and their skeleton packs in particular). Mobs come in packs and having to pick them off one by one a bit too slow for my taste. Ah well.

What build are you?

Yeah, basically my build is Concentrate but with only 1 point in it. The reason I only spent 1 point is because once the barbarian dies, and gets disqualified from the tournament, I'll turn him into a Frenzy barbarian wielding the Bul-Kathos sword set, so up until that point I'm just spending points in skills both builds will benefit from; sadly, Conc is not of them. Still, I doubt it makes any difference as far as AoE damage goes, which is what makes the build boring.

I'm beginning to fear a Frenzy build will play out much the same way, but I hope I'm wrong.

(So far I put 1 point in Conc, 20 in Sword Mastery, 18 in Battle Orders, 1 in the usual utility skills (Leap Attack, Berserk, Battle Cry, Find Item etc) and 1 in prereqs obviously.)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High