WW/Trapper Hybrid Guide v1.2 (For sticky)

Re: WW/Trapper Hybrid Guide v1.2 (For sticky)

umm im lvl 83 now. with 4.3 k trap damage.

i switchedd to my other chaos which is 2 to mb and 2 to ven. should i try to get one that is 3 to ven 2-3 to ls. and make chaos out of that?

for hybrid i like claws that save pts and have 3 LS, like 3L, 1 wof, or 1 blade sheild, 1 dragon flight and just use cta/spirit to cast venom,shadow, and fade. If i were ghost though i'd definately look for 2 +3 Venom claws though with other mods but imo +3 LS claws are nice...adds total of +6 to ur LS and i settle for the decent venom from cta/spirit wpn switch.

If he can upgrade, certainly try. The claws are not bad though. ;) +1 BS and wof are nice, but not flight >>

And 3.8..What are your skills?

k my dmg is up to 5k now.

with my df claw.. if i take it off and use the mb one, i get 4.8.

20 ls
20 ds
20 cbs
5? uhh lightning things that go on the ground??? forgot what it was

20 ven
2 mb

just upgraded to maras, 2 more shadow gcs, so i have 8 in total and got a 2/ 20/13 res circ.

Nice guide, got one ATM, 20-30 lifers, one 12 FHR one 6 lifer, need to get 12fhr and get rid of that 6l, 3.2k HP, 6k trap dmg, 3k WW (no prebuffing, low-ish gear)

wanted to ask, are these claws good?:)
stats;

Gale Barb
Greater Talons
'Um'
21-78 main hand dmg (i mainly use WW for OW+venom, not rly phys dmg altho it wouldnt hurt)
40 % IAS, fools, +14 AR, 2-14 cold dmg, 2 light sentry, 2 shadow warrior, 2 cloak of shadows

ive seen people using only 40ias fools, so im guessing theyre ok :)

and thanks for the guide, i love those in-depth guides that tell you everything, REALLY helps...

also, was wondering, what kick dmg are you getting with DF? im only getting 1.3k :/ was wondering if thats enough?

They'll certainly do. The "only 40 IAS fools" are usually 2x socket, and use 2x Um.\

And Dflight is so little used, even I don't know a good estimate on damage. It sounds like you're using at least dancers + quite a boost to it.

They'll certainly do. The "only 40 IAS fools" are usually 2x socket, and use 2x Um.\

And Dflight is so little used, even I don't know a good estimate on damage. It sounds like you're using at least dancers + quite a boost to it.

yup, and the str for dancers isnt a prob since i went with coa ^^

IMO dragon flight is sh*t, never had it do anything.. i got to try a freehit on a MB non-es blizz sorc.... took like 20 tries to get a hit (low AR, but when i hit it had crappy dmg)

well, im loving this char ^^ really fun for GM duels, thanks a bunch for the guide Ollie :D

I have some questions..

im guessing the toughest part of the build is getting enuff atr, since u dont max claw block... what do you guys have for atr and what should I aim for? im guessing for smiters or barbs you NEED to change gear in order to hit them, or am i wrong?

also should i use max/atr/life scs then?

About WSMing, should i just use Runic Talons ( or any claw with -30) on the primary hand? are there any other claws needed for this? im still not pretty sure how the WSMing works, i mean if you have 1 claw a Suwayah with 0 and the other is a runic talon (for the WSMing) then isntead of the doing the switch thing,just use the runic as a primary? Or should both claws have -30 base ias?

A rough figure on AR with Fury would be ~4-5K, and fools can get that up by several K.

You don't need to change gear to hit, just the one claw (Fury to a Fools for more AR).

Just using Runic as primary won't do it. The average will be used normally, and it won't be WSM bugging. To do it, have the Chaos Suwayyah over the gloves, Fury (or fools) Runic over boots. After swapping from CTA side, clicking and replacing the Chaos Suwayyah will bug the WSM.

Ok so let me get this straight... I click the Chaos and put it back, or replace it with the other claw? thats the part i dont understand hehe...

Anyways.. i guess 4-5k would be ok to hit every other class

Hey also, is runic talons the only -30 claw?

Click and put it back :)

Runic Talons and Greater Talons are the only two.

I just finished my hybrid, and after pvping some with it i had some questions...

Should I use wake of fire everytime when i try to stun lock someone? I obviously wouldnt try it vs high fcr teleporting duelers, but I heard one is enuff to stun someone and with the lite traps it would be enuff..

Also, about the Ghost vs Hybrid debate, i personally havent been sorbed fully yet, but would the change in gear in the enemy toon outweigh the advantages of a ghost? (Especially with the 20mb which i guess would really lock people forever...

It's used to get a solid lock on someone. A Bowazon for instance can simply serpentine and out run LS. If you namelock with WoF, it has the area effect you need to get the stun.

You should usually mix them up to make sure you get the stun, but sometimes you need to do it quickly, so LS is the starter.

You mean whether or not you should use a ghost or hybrid? And what do you mean outweighing the advantages of a ghost?

Yeah it sorta was about using a ghost or an hybrid..

thing is, with hybrid your traps only seem to damage people with low res, and when you get sorbed (which is alot of the time), you just become a weak ghost, unless the change in gear in the enemy whos sorbing gimps him so much that it would be more or less the same as if you were a ghost...

thats what i meant, but anyways i just reset my sin to a ghost, and its going pretty well, i guess im gonna wait till i get a good fools claw to try the hybrid again, since with chaos+fury ur attack rating is really low.

edit: Also 1 thing, how well does Claw mastery escalate? I was thinkin on getting 10 points in there with an hybrid, or maybe even max it if it doesnt have diminishing returns at high lvls... It wont really matter on trap damage if you lvl to 99...

Last edited:

Like how you noticed, the AR isn't often high on a hybrid, especially since that's the one who can fight the paladins and barbs better. For that reason, fools as main would be a good choice.

While true you are a weaker ghost, you can still mix it up.

If it's a paladin, you can still whirl, and FB works on a hybrid sometimes too, mostly on a charging opponent / walking to you (FB and walk).

For barbs who sorb, they usually just get rid of rings, so not too gimped by it. These are tough, but there are options. Usually, a good stunner can use widowmaker.

Claw mastery is tough, since I haven't counted the boost in damage to know if it's linear, diminishes, etc. I do know that the AR is going to be the biggest factor anyway. Critical strike is going to be low due to the check with DS. Hybrids just don't have the focus to get the damage optimized.

All in all, it doesn't escalate enough to warrant not focusing on traps. With the + skills you have, it's usually good enough.

Yeah i think im just gonna finish the last trap synergie (i think you can get it to 17 at lvl 99), with fools i can get good enuff AR... i still dont have fulls tho :(

1 last question tho... you dont cover anything about prebuffing? Whats your take on this? worth it? I mean if you get your hands on +5 venom claws, it would be sick lol..

Yeah i think im just gonna finish the last trap synergie (i think you can get it to 17 at lvl 99), with fools i can get good enuff AR... i still dont have fulls tho :(

1 last question tho... you dont cover anything about prebuffing? Whats your take on this? worth it? I mean if you get your hands on +5 venom claws, it would be sick lol..

2 x +6 venom claws as prebuff is definetly worth it. That's +12 venom :crazyeyes:

Also use Bramble when prebuffing, but the %psn damage gets applied only once though, so your venom is still not as strong as a Bramble sin.

Trap Skiller vs. Shadow Skiller Balance... anyone to comment on this? Ollie suggest 9 Shadow Lifers but ended up using 7 and 2 traps....

Also what FHR? is 48 good enough since you can WW out?

I think it'll depend on your focus. If you want high traps, then trap GCs. If you want stronger whirls, Shadow boosts your block, fade, venom, etc.

You can even do 5/4 if you want.

And yes, 48 is enough.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High