Durance Racks Question

khronik

Mar 7, 2009
Durance Racks Question

Durance Level 3 (Mephisto) Racks
located East & West of Meph's starting point.

Can the Weapon Rack drop :
Cryptic Axes (eth & non-eth)
Colossus Voulge (eth & non-eth)
and other equivalent runeword weapons?

Can the Armor Rack drop:
Archon Plate (eth & non-eth)
and other equivalent runeword armors

Basically I need to know if anyone has actually found anything off of these racks. I found a post somewhere, saying the TC level of these racks is TC84, which I believe is more than enough for these to drop? But I havent seen anywhere, someone saying they got any of these items from the racks

Last edited:
Re: Durance Racks Question

IIRC rack drops don't have anything to do with TCs like monster drops.

rack lvl = area lvl-1
All rackable items (no bows, no wands etc.) with qlvl lower or equal to rack level can spawn.

That means the in DoH (alvl=83), only base items with qlvl<=82 can spawn.
That means that from armor racks, lacquered plate (TC84,qlvl82) can spawn, but Archon Plate (TC84, qlvl84) cannot.
Cryptic axe is qlvl 79, Colossus Voulge is qlvl 64, so they both can spawn there.

I am not sure what "other equivalent weapon/armor" means, but here is the list of TCs with qlvls

By equivalent I mean any of the other in-high-demand similar items.

But thank you, thats what I needed to know. One more thing with that being the case, where can I find an Archon Plate?

Hi khronik again, I understood that you wanted other "in-high demand" similar items, but since I play on SP, where runes are much tougher to get than appropriate socketable items (everyone has already a perfect archon plate before having runes for Enigma or Forti) and I play selffound too, so I don't really know what they are, so I provided link with qlvls of all items.

I am not sure from top of my head though if archon plate is rackable. The rack has to be in an area with lvl85 and I am not able to tell now for sure if there is a rack in those areas...
(the areas are: Pit 1+2, Mausoleum, Maggot Lair 3, Ancient Tunnels, Sewers 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary, WSK1,2,3, Throne of Destruction, Worldstone Chamber)

EDIT: I did a little search and couldn't find any info about racks in those areas... Also I looked at the textfiles and find out that Archon plate has really low odds for spawning from racks (4xlower than most of those class-specific items... that's also the reason why you get those pala shields and druid pelts so often...)

Last edited:

That would make sense, the armor rack in DoH3 likes to drop Pally shields.

The weapon rack I have had drop a CV but no luck with an Eth 5os CV yet.
Also, the weapon rack has not dropped a Zerker Axe yet, is it possible for it to drop?

Well, take a look in the list of base item qlvls I provided earlier. Take a look at qlvl of the Bereserker Axe and see if it is lower than 83. Otherwise it can't be dropped by Durance rack.
TC87 (Berserker Axe) icludes only base items with qlvl 85-87, so no rack in the game can drop it anywhere in patch 1.10+ because the highest alvl in the game is 85 (not sure about Uber levels), thus racks in those areas would drop only base items with qlvl84 and lower (all TC84 and lower); but I am almost sure that there is no rack in areas lvl 85. IIRC, the highest rack is in Halls of Vaught (Nihlathak's area), which is alvl 84 - being able to spawn base items with qlvl83 and lower.

If that is the case.. how are people trading Zerker axes?
I dont bother with those charts because of things like that.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High