Need help with GF barb

frozzzen1

Apr 2, 2009
Need help with GF barb

So i made GF barb. I can see that i wasn't thinking good while making it but i don't get it how can he be so bad.
Here's my story. He was lvl'd up to 81. Good Fighting gear i must say.
I reached travincal and equiped him with his GF gear, and sudenly he can't kill a single Council member on players1.

Gear is:
Crown of thieves ( 12ll 88 GF )
Rising sun ammy
Oath Etin axe ( Until i get another rune master )
5 Lem'd Rune master
Wealth Armor
2 x Dwarf star
upped Goldwrap ( 77 GF )
Chancies
Infernostrides.

Charms are mostly AR/dmg + Fire resist sc's

Might merc with Reaper's, Vamp Gaze and Shaftstop.

Skills:
20 WW ( yeah i know it's a mistake NOW )
20 BO
20 Axe mastery
10 Natural resists
1 incr stamin % faster w/r
1 in itemfind

My resists are 78FR and -26 others.
WW dmg is 1000-2200 and 500 - 1300
3300 hp / 250 mana
2500 AR

I guess I'll rmk this char if necesary, but do you have any sugestions while remaking it?
Anyone has GF barb that's farming gold with not to much trouble? I'd love to hear your advice.

Tnx in advanced

Re: Need help with GF barb

A combo of low AR and low level isn't helping your CtH

This is a big one. The council are still sometimes dangerous to my level94 whirler, so I can't see it being very easy at level81 with that AR. I'd recommend loading up on leech gear and doing 7-8 levels worth of /players8 Pindle runs, then come back to the council. If you still have problems, try switching to a Blessed Aim merc - your AR scares me. FYI, I was also too fragile, by far, for council runs at level81.

Likewise, my lightning resist is at 62 and I still have problems sometimes... looking at your gear I'm guessing you're even lower than I am, by quite a bit.

For other gear advice, I would consider ditching a Dwarfstar or two for extra leech + AR / resists. At least temporarily. If you can't survive long enough to kill anything, that extra GF is pretty useless.

As for skills, I know the common opinion on whirlers is to stay away from Increased Speed. But you spend so much time running on Council runs, that it's well worth a point or more. I've got 9 points into Increased Speed on my whirler, and don't regret a single one.

The best way to counter your faster running/whirling with Increased Speed is to go without the Cannot Be Frozen mod and figure out where Toorc Icefist usually spawns (he's always Cold-Enchanted) and try to attack him first. Once he chills you you'll travel slow enough. Unfortunately with the RuneMaster, ditching your cannot-be-frozen may be a little more expensive than you want, so in your case I'd only go with a single point in Increased Speed.

But I'm certain that Increased Speed is worth it for a (non-teleporting) council runner, despite the common opinion to the contrary.

Beyond that, more in Find Item is a good idea too.

As other have said: Attack rating. My own whirler with 2xOath BB's (one of them 211ED :( ) has about 6k AR at level 87

Your rune master doesn't reach any WW breakpoints. Ditch it. I'd also try to get more resists. The council memebers often spawn LE, and can kill you with -26 resist. I've got 50 or so there.

WW is not a bad skill, if a tad low on AR%. It hits much faster than frenzy. Get proper weapons(oath ettin is good), and more survivability.

Harmony on Switch!

True, but for a whirler it can be harder to pull off - a lot of time you've got your killing weapons & your horking switch for GF.

Frozzzen's setup with RuneMasters is a pretty good attempt to get both at once, but I'm not sure how much power he really has with them (doesn't sound like much, but I suspect that's primarily the AR).

Tnx to all of you for help.

I suspected that his lvl is preety low and AR also.
When I was building this barb i never considered that Rune masters would not actualy hit final WW breakpoint ( i didn't know that WW has actualy breakpoints :crazyeyes: )

Plan is like this...
I have 4 skillpoints left ( killing Izual still unfinished ) and i guess lvling him up abit would net me enough points in Find item.
Blessed Aim merc will come in handy to. Crescent Moon amulet seems like a good choice to get dual leech so i don't have to throw dwarf stars ( that provide atleast some fire sorb for hydras ).

I was thinking for setup like this:
Crown of thieves
Crescent Moon ammy
Oath eth Etin axe ( 319ED )
Some good wirhler axe
Wealth armor
Dual Dwarf stars
Upped Goldwrap
LoH
Rare Boots ( 30 frw tri resist (26 fire) )

160 gheed's, 5 x 40 GF GC's and small charms for resists/GF
2 x 5 Lem'd Rune masters on switch for horking.

Blessed Aim merc with Reaper's, Ral'd Vampire Gaze and Gladiator's Bane.

This would net me ~1000 GF on my battlegear and ~1700 on switch for horking.

Why not go with 6lem crystal swords? Or Crystal sword+Rune master, so the 5 lems in it don't go wasted.

I'd also go with a rare belt with resists and GF. You can also get GF on your boots.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High