1.07 Awesome charms and LK chests?

Pijus1

Feb 1, 2008
1.07 Awesome charms and LK chests?

Hi!

A long time since I've had a question about d2. Well, I have one now.

I was going to make a strafer to make use of some nifty CTC effects, and I was wandering if she could be used for anything else besides just looking awesome. From the last strafer that I failed to play through hell, I knew I want more more more more damage.

Then it came to me. "I've got 1.07 installed. Oh wait a second, in 1.12 LK I saw GC's with 2 damage mods! I wonder if the same kind of charms can drop in LK 1.07 :scratchchin:"

So. Can tasty charms drop in 1.07 LK?

Re: 1.07 Awesome charms and LK chests?

Prefix 834 Grand Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 69
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x12571a8b
+40 to Life
+10 to Minimum Damage

Yes.......

@Smips, nope, 88

Prefix 834 Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x12571a8b
+40 to Life
+10 to Minimum Damage

Yes.......

The charms from LK in 1.07 are ilvl 88? I thought it was still 80.

3 views 2 replies :D

I love this forum :)

dumb question - I know damage affixes are quite low level - i have 1.12 sharp GC of sust lvl req 23 - is it possible to actually run some of the 1.07 hax charms in normal LK? Im against leveling through the whole game, but Norm LK can be doable without much pain ...

edit: thanks smips, will read it ;)

Last edited:

dumb question - I know damage affixes are quite low level - i have 1.12 sharp GC of sust lvl req 23 - is it possible to actually run some of the 1.07 hax charms in normal LK? Im against leveling through the whole game, but Norm LK can be doable without much pain ...

Keep in mind that each prefix/suffix has it's own ilvl limits. In other words, If you get an ilvl 10 charm, you can probably get +1 or 2 to max damage. If it's an ilvl 99 charm on the other hand, you can get a much higher range. There's a guide to charm prefixes and suffixes somewhere on the forums if your interested.

1.07 Hell LK drops a decent amount of GCs of Maiming with +15 to +20 max damage, rlvl 39. My favorite GCs from 1.07 are a Burning GC of Maiming (+1 Fire Skills +20 max damage), Sharp GC of Maiming (+56 AR +25 max damage) and a Ruby GC of Maiming (36% FR +18 max damage).

Cows are a good place to run for mass charms as well, Nithli's temple for ilvl99 GCs and racks.

Getting a FOrb/statis sorc up there shouldn't take too long, and you can also farm Hell Meph for Ravenclaw. A Frenzy or Berzerk barb with Find Item is pretty solid as well, since the Council drops pretty well in Travincal--more GCs and lots of gems for crafting and prismatic cubing, plus jewels for Blood gloves and Safety armors.

What I think - it definitely isn`t worth the effort if all you want are the good damage charms. If you want to get enough to fill an inventory, get ready to play only 1.07 for the rest of your D2 career.
Yes, I`ve found some quite awesome ones:

Code:
Prefix 928 Grand Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x64e90456
+50 to Attack Rating
+29 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x6b28e849
+37 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 853 Large Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x4a1c39fc
+20 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 854 Large Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x7ed9d4ae
+20 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 853 Large Charm of Quality
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x55e4978f
+17 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 840 Small Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0x5f3764a
+3 to Minimum Damage
+6 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 856 Small Charm of Maiming
Item Level: 78
Fingerprint: 0x45c5f0f2
+9 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 857 Small Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x6c5aa8fb
+11 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 931 Small Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x67d2cab2
+18 to Attack Rating
+7 to Maximum Damage

*end of bragging*

But these have been picked up during THOUSANDS of runs of all kinds. One who would spend the same amount of time in 1.12 LK would probably already have that `Nigma and a decent amount of skillers/other great charms. And the reroll receipt is broken in 1.07 as well.

Just some info: cows don`t seem to drop too much goodies for me (although I`m probably just killing them too slow as I`m running them @p8), chests are probably the best way to go, but building a fast runner (which is a must for thousands of runs - don`t expect finding the good affix combinations very soon) takes quite some time. I`m quite sure Normal LK isn`t enough for the highest damage affixes, Nightmare probably is, but I`m not sure either (I`m not that deep into game mechanics).
Like galtwish said - Travincal is also THE farming place (in 1.07 council members drop like uniques while being nerfed to champion drops in later patches iirc) - but its hard to compare to LK for me as I`m only running it with a goldfinder and he isn`t very fast at it.

What makes it (hopefully) worth playing 1.07 for me - I`m using every advantage there is in 1.07 - racking some awesome uniques/making broken crafts/cubing jewelery/HF rushing/getting very high level characters (although many think 1.07 is not the place for that)/running bosses&uniques with high mf for uniques and sets...I`m probably forgetting something -edit:indeed-1.07 eth weapons for example ) In this case it is probably worth to play 1.07.

And did I say that I like the gameplay of 1.12 so much much more? Mostly because 1.07 is extremely easy (when you start to understand what you are doing here) but time to time there are some insane challenges (read:unbalanced gameplay) - for example you can run an area for days and never lose more than 5% of life and one day something kills you in one hit (this is mostly about the combinations of modes on unique monsters).

@galtwish - btw after getting more than 30 ravenclaws in about 500 Andy runs I can say that she is a better target for this item :)

To sum up - the haX damage charms are waiting for you in 1.07...if you`ve got the years to spend getting them ;)

Edit:mad:DarkChaos below - very interesting thoughts, never heared of a Lo from 1.07 chests, that would be quite crazy! Given that I`m planning to do 1.12 LK runs @p7 Lo is what I might miss the most. I`ve recently found a Gul from a chest in 1.07 but that isn`t nearly as high.

Last edited:

While we're on the topic, if you do run LK, note that 1.07 LK chests have a Lo pattern and possibly others, though it is largely untested. However, Lo is confirmed.

Going a bit off-topic: I've thought for awhile it would be very interesting to see the 1.09b chest patterns as well - 1.09 goes up to /players64 which makes for 32 different chest seeds, versus 4 as in 1.10+. There's a pretty damn good chance that at least one of those can be very good - maybe even better than the 1.10 ones we see now.

@DarkChaos: what is the pattern of the Lo? Or can you link to where its been discussed, a quick search with google on these forums didn`t turn up anything. Noone would like to miss a Lo, right? :p

Going a bit off-topic: I've thought for awhile it would be very interesting to see the 1.09b chest patterns as well - 1.09 goes up to /players64 which makes for 32 different chest seeds, versus 4 as in 1.10+. There's a pretty damn good chance that at least one of those can be very good - maybe even better than the 1.10 ones we see now.

Any volunteers to run 32 different /players settings for a few hundred hours each? :p

@galtwish - btw after getting more than 30 ravenclaws in about 500 Andy runs I can say that she is a better target for this item :)

I think the two racks next to Meph even it out, but ymmv.

Even though theyre not übahsick highest prefix/suffix charms I think you can get some reasonable charms within a reasonable amount of time. Some charms ive gotten leveling my necro to 39, reaching act 4 NM and running NM LK a couple dozen times:

11 max GC
2x 14 max GC
10 min GC
14 max 4 str GC

My char is a blood golem / IM necro with a barb merc so its pretty UNoptimal for something like this... Nightmare LK has area level 55 according to the 1.07 guide, so popables will drop stuff with ilvl 55. The bloody prefix on small charms is the damage affix with the highest Alvl (58) while the 2nd highest is the bloody prefix on a large charm. So from my understanding every affix but the bloody small charm prefix should be available from NM LK. If im wrong feel free to correct me ^^

I had a feeling that NM is enough for charm finding (I remember some pretty decent ones from NM travincal while GFing).
Still - the biggest problem is the amount of time it takes to find those that actually top the ones you can get from 1.12 LK (along with lots of other goodies). Guess its a matter of priorities :)

I acquired enough ~20 max damage grand charms while just running racks in 1.07 LK. Mostly the balrog skin rack that I gave up on after a couple thousand runs.

I got a Gul and a Vex from 1.07 LK super-chests so there is more patterns, but hardly as useful as a Lo. Screenshots are hiding in old IFT's.

I found my highest +max damage charm in act 5 normal while questing my sorceress but it is only +23 to max damage.

You shouldn`t have given up, when I was running for second Arkaines (first rests on deeds), it dropped after 2800 runs iirc, one must keep trying! But by then I had given up any chest popping and already aimed for the maximum run speed possible...

I`ve found a Gul as well, pattern of which was just as simple as the Lo one - a Halberd.

I`d appreciate if you looked up the Vex screeny and reported its pattern ;)

+20 max are indeed common enough (although for decent amount of those you`d still need to do thousands of LK runs like Pyrohemia said) - I have more than is needed to fill up inventory with +20 GCs/+6 SCs, but as they don`t have any +AR I only get really excited about finding charms with 8+ damage per inventory slot.

The map with balrog skins is long gone. After 18 green balrog skins I forgot why I was even running for it. I doubt I would ever actually use it now that I have fortitude.

Here are the screenshots:
Vex
Gul

Gul pattern is the same as you reported, just a Gul and a halberd.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High