axe/shield WW gear....

relliKniaP

Aug 2, 2005
axe/shield WW gear....

im remaking my barb as WW barb and hes gonna use...

weapon - 280 ED Death Cleaver (what to socket in it? highest ED jewel i have is 35% but no other mods on it)
shield - pDiamond SS
helm - Guillames Face (what to socket it with if i dont need resists?)
armor - 'Duress' (can it hit 2k def on non-eth armor?)
ring #1 - 20 dex Ravenfrost
ring #2 - rare/blood with resists i guess..
amulet - rare i guess....
boots - Gore Riders
belt - IK or Thundergods?
gloves - IK or Draculs? (i thought draculs because WW doesnt benefit from IAS anyway, and i could stack +life after kill with the same mod on Death Cleaver..)

thoughts and ideas?

EDIT: skills will be 20 WW 20 BO 20 Shout 20 Ax Mastery

Re: axe/shield WW gear....

I reckon you should dual wield. You should have good enough gear to survive any part of hell dual wielding, and you'll double your damage output and killing speed.

Since you already hit the final 1 hand WW breakpoint, you may as well socket it with something adding damage (i.e +ED or +min/max).

My pref for gloves would be Steelrend. High def, +STR, ED, and some CB. With Storm Shield you'll already hit the STR requirements. The +life really is tiddlywinks when you have 3K+ life to begin with.

Pref for belt would be SoE (unless you're getting owned by gloams in which case switch to T Gods for those moments).

All in all it's up to you, those are just my thoughts and for those reasons.

My pref for gloves would be Steelrend. High def, +STR, ED, and some CB. With Storm Shield you'll already hit the STR requirements.
arrrrgh.

'rends are a PvP glove. in fact, they are almost purely a BvB (or zeal v zeal) glove.

for PvM: either a pair of crafted Blood Gloves for CB, Dracs for leech and 'tap, bloodfists for life and FHR (assuming you have leech elsewhere) or IK gloves.

arrrrgh.

'rends are a PvP glove. in fact, they are almost purely a BvB (or zeal v zeal) glove.

for PvM: either a pair of crafted Blood Gloves for CB, Dracs for leech and 'tap, bloodfists for life and FHR (assuming you have leech elsewhere) or IK gloves.
I disagree. Any chance to cast mods don't work with WW, so the lifetap on Dracs is useless. FHR is useless when your only getting hit during your WW motion. The CB on crafted gloves isn't needed when you're getting CB off Gores and Guillames.

IK gloves are alright in conjunction with the other IK gear, but he's already going with Gores and Tgodz, in which case Steelrend > IK Gloves.

You'd have enough leech and res as is, so pumping up the damage would be more beneficial. Also, more damage = more leech.

Up to you though. For PvM you should be excessively secure with a Stormshield and a 1 weapon axe, but your killing speed may be a little slow. I'd rather leave your dex as low as you can and pump STR/VIT.

I actually like Rends sometimes when I PvM with my BvB, it isnt horrible.However, I do prefer Blood Craft and LoH. But I can leech like crazy with ebotdz.

With a non-eth cleaver, I'd have to say mana leach will be missing and damage could use a boost. I'd go Highlords ammy, this will increase damage and thus increase leach from other items like a good duel-leach rare ring. If possible dual-leach Crafted but uh, thats a hard roll. (probably dracs and manald for temporary, tap/fhr mods are secondary at best for ww barbs). I dunno about SoE, If youve already got DR% and max block from SS, then its just more leech that could be handy, not much else. I'm still a huge fan of TGod's, but it's mainly for Souls that fry you.

In fact, I'd even try a set belt like Wilhelm's Pride with 5% dual-leach, or M'avina's with with Mana leech and 20% frw (fun).

Any chance to cast mods don't work with WW, so the lifetap on Dracs is useless..

no s>>te, really?

i'd be using conc to proc 'tap if/when i wanted it.

The CB on crafted gloves isn't needed when you're getting CB off Gores and Guillames.
the same could be said of 'rends. except blood gloves probably don't have the huge strength requirement of rends.

IK gloves are alright in conjunction with the other IK gear, but he's already going with Gores and Tgodz, in which case Steelrend > IK Gloves.
i still disagree.

rends are PvP gloves. PvM'ers can find better mods for that slot without the huge strength requirement.

ìmo,

gloves = loh, 350% ed to demons > 30-60% ed to all... maybe dracs if you use tgods and need some life leech.

belt = string of ears, cant really beat dr and leech (tgods in cube for gloams)

amulet = metalgrid for AR or maras for added +skills... i think you'll need the res on those if you use guillaumes (which i'd socket with a 40ed or 15 res all jewel)

ring #2 = get some mana leech on this one... dual leech if you use tgods, so you can dump the dracs.

armor = duress wont hit 2k def, and why not make a fort instead? personally i'd go for enigma + reapers toll on merc + tele in the middle of packs... decrepify is awesome for damage.

shield = beastz, griefz, another DC... anything but a shield :)

amulet = metalgrid for AR or maras for added +skills... i think you'll need the res on those if you use guillaumes

Highlords is #1 amulet if you can get your AR sorted.

gogo massive Deadly Strike.

Yes you're already at the final Breakpoint, so just socket it with something that'll up the damage more.

Highlord's is hands down the best ammy for PVM. The deadly strike can't be passed up. Only use metagrid or angelics if you still have serious AR issues, even with your Ravenfrost and charms.

LoH are excellent gloves for PvM still. The fire resistance isn't too handy, since barbs seldom get stung by that. The IAS doesn't take effect on the WW barb. But, the 350% ED to demons is what makes them so darn awesome (and they're cheap to boot).

However, if you're running areas that are a mixture of demons and non-demons, then other alternatives might be a go'er (however, for boss running LoH is #1).

For the second weapon I would opt for beast or ebotd in a zerker. Beast for the damage, botd for res and leech. Death ain't too good for WW since it'll never hit the final breakpoint (although it's godly for off hand frenzy).

Highlord's is usually the best choice, but since you already have 96% DS I would go with a nice rare or crafted amulet.

Highlord's is usually the best choice, but since you already have 96% DS I would go with a nice rare or crafted amulet.
True. I made an assumption of Arreats for the helm in my last post (even though Guillames is specified in the first).

Crafted ammy /metagrid / maras / angelic are probably your best options (subject to how your Res and AR are).

i will definitely use a shield, gloves draculs or LoH

anyway i saw some people get 2k+ def on 'duress'... is this possible withot eth armor?
oh and how important will be FHR for me? WW being uninteruptible

i will definitely use a shield, gloves draculs or LoH

Cant go wrong with those

anyway i saw some people get 2k+ def on 'duress'... is this possible withot eth armor?

Well, if you rolled a perf 200, on a perf superior Sacred, I believe you'd get 1908Def. So I say no on a 2k+ def. If you go superior on any runeword armor, be prepared for HUGE repair cost. Defense isn't a huge deal when your shielded and your ww.

oh and how important will be FHR for me? WW being uninteruptible

not important for ww.

cool, cant wait to make this one....

anyway is there anything else to do with a WW barb once the game is finished... like run some areas? theyre not the best choice for MF i know, i just want to use this char for something after i pat him instead of single pass

may i ask a question too? i think it fits in here: what would be the optimal armour to put your duress/fortitude in? or is there no difference? what about repair costs? thank you

may i ask a question too? i think it fits in here: what would be the optimal armour to put your duress/fortitude in? or is there no difference? what about repair costs? thank you

Highest base defense armor you can attain and comfortably equip. Superior can be awfully expensive to fix, not my favorite for PvM.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High