MF-ing in nightmare

wickedswami

Jul 11, 2008
MF-ing in nightmare

What are the best places to MF in nightmare? I'm playing an untwinked fishyzon (LF/CS/FA) and need some better gear to make it in Hell.

So what are the best places I could run?
ATM i run wsk, baal, mephy and andy. Anything else I could run that's effective?

Re: MF-ing in nightmare

What are the best places to MF in nightmare? I'm playing an untwinked fishyzon (LF/CS/FA) and need some better gear to make it in Hell.

So what are the best places I could run?
ATM i run wsk, baal, mephy and andy. Anything else I could run that's effective?

Random guess most of the bosses except Duriel.

Andy for SOJ/quest bug drops, Mephy, Baal, Nithahoweveryouspellitalak.

Catch is I'm not sure on how a Fishy would do against them survival wise.

The Council can drop some nice stuff - charms and whatnot, even the occasional Shako.

And they are a mad source of gambling gold.

I can kill andy and mephy on P8, baal on P1. No problem surviving. I did think i'd be able to kill them faster (CS lvl 27)
So running the areas that are lvl87 in hell aren't worth running in NM (pits, AT, ...)?

Is Pits even worth it in NM?

I kinda thought no.

You kinda thought right.

I must say though, in Hell, The Pits are great at 100-200 MF in a full Baal game.

The blue GCs I've gotten were ungodly epic.

IIRC, MF doesn't do anything regarding blue GC's...
It only increases your chance of a gheed's dropping.

Surely increasing the chance of a magic item dropping increases the chance of charms dropping.

Not like regular items, Charms don't come in magic - rare - set - unique varieties. Aside from Gheeds that is.

So with a greater Magic Find you won't get more rings, amulets and charms than with no Magic Find?

So with a greater Magic Find you won't get more rings, amulets and charms than with no Magic Find?

AFAIC this is how it works:
every monster can drop a certain set of items, depending on Clvl and Mlvl (i think). Once the roll has been made on what item has dropped (for example: a skullcap), a new roll comes whether the item will be white, magic, rare or unique. This last roll is dependent on MF, everything else isn't.

since rings/charms/jewels/.. are always magic, the roll only decides if they're magic, rare, unique.

The 100-200 MF is just there for the off chance items.

You should be stocked up on gear that is for kill power and speed, considering the 6 man Hell Baal game parameter. :thumbup:

TONS of skiller GCs fall like rain.

And 15 res all + 6 dex/15 res all + life GCs are not to be sneezed at either, to say the least.

I got a near perfect Anni for that 15/6.

Random godly socketed snagged me a very nice Sorc Torch, too.

The Pits ain't the pits.

on the other hand, the overall chance of a unique ring dropping is lower. I wouldn't mind getting a ravenfrost in stead...

The 100-200 MF is just there for the off chance items.

Agreed.

As nice as the odds are in theory, I've found more valuable items with less than 100% MF (sometimes 0%) than I've found with 400+% MF, which is quite a paradox. :p

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High