help with hammerdin

TURTOL

Jul 9, 2009
help with hammerdin

my hammerdin is lvl 82 atm with 20 bh 20 concentration 20 vigor 20 blessed aim maxing holy shield now his gear is

shako p topaz
+1 pally ammy with 10%fcr
34 hoto
ap enigma
35% fcr spirit with 40% resistances except fire
tgods belt
2 nagel rings with 30% mf each
boots and gloves are useless atm
charms in inv are 33% fire resist 22 to life gc
30%mf gheeds
4% resist all sc
2 6%mf sc

i can mf pits andy countess sumonner meph eldritch shenk and pidle with almost dieng =p but i cant kill high council so im gonna get some better gear heres wut it will be

+2 pally skills 20% fcr rare circlet
+1/2 pally skills 20% fcr amulet
40 hoto
same enigma
upped hoz with p diamond 3 resist for an um isnt really worth it i dont think
arachnids mesh
trang ouls or magefist
1 10% fcr ring to reach 125 fcr bp
1 40% nagel ring
war travs with 50% mf
and any pally torch and anni ican find
this will give me 125% fcr bp
no fhr
and 60 to all resist in hell mode

just wondering how much this will all cost not including pally torch and anni im plaing ladder west usa
i only have the stuff im wearing + 2 hrs full trang rare necro wand wih +2 all skills +3 decrepify and a 10/19 necro torch and a low string of ears how much is all this worth and can i afford all that stuff??? please help

Re: help with hammerdin

How can you not kill the council? You are level 82, with top end gear.... a level 75 hammerdin untwinked should easily solo the council.

You don't need any of that stuff to beat the council at level 82. If you had all that stuff, it can be done at level 65... even if you can't even wear your full gear yet

there hydras kill me sooo fast my fire resist is at 26 my merc instantly dies and i get hit by 3 hydras at once instant k0

Then you are sacrificing too much to get other stuff. You need to focus on maxing out your resists. Get at least 75 fire, cold, and lightning resist (try switching out one of the nagels for a fire resist ring), and maybe find some rares with fire resist on them in teh gloves or boots slot (aldur's boots are excellent for this, as are infernostrides). Reaching the 125 fcr breakpoint is not going to help you as much as having your resists maxed. It is possible to do both, you just have to use your brain a little instead of just thinking "I'll get all the best stuff out there and slap it all on my hammerdin." By the way, there's no such thing as a 40%MF nagelring.

there hydras kill me sooo fast my fire resist is at 26 my merc instantly dies and i get hit by 3 hydras at once instant k0

I think you need to ditch the pointless mf , ie nagles.

Pick up 1 dwarf star and a wisp if you go arach over tgods.

For the boots, ditch the travs and get some hotspurs/infernostrides/aldurs boots

Looking at your items selection I'd have to lean more on operator error then item or character deficiencies. The biggest fault I see is your desire to put on a little more piddly mf at the cost of making your pally weak. You need max and some overstack res to really shine.

Try out a wizzy instead of hoto and see how you like it. This will cover huge gaps in both res and fcr. For the most part pvm any damage over about 9K on hammers is pretty much masturbation.

Hammer guide here
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628746

wizzy+35fcr spirit in 35+ base+arach+trang gloves=125fcr
and you will also have 2 free ring slots, good resists, ok damage (8-9k without skillers), and free socket in wizzy (ist it if you want more mf). you can use seraph's hymn, although low mara's will be much better.

I think you need to ditch the pointless mf , ie nagles.

Pick up 1 dwarf star and a wisp if you go arach over tgods.

For the boots, ditch the travs and get some hotspurs/infernostrides/aldurs boots

Looking at your items selection I'd have to lean more on operator error then item or character deficiencies. The biggest fault I see is your desire to put on a little more piddly mf at the cost of making your pally weak. You need max and some overstack res to really shine.

Try out a wizzy instead of hoto and see how you like it. This will cover huge gaps in both res and fcr. For the most part pvm any damage over about 9K on hammers is pretty much masturbation.

Hammer guide here
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628746

This.

Plus did you do your res. quests? Thats 30 res right there.

Also a low maras would even be nice instead of going through all the effort of getting a 40 hoto.

/Edit: Didnt see that alphaz also said maras :crazyeyes: oops

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High