Double checking my light sorc build.

Asrrin

May 1, 2009
Double checking my light sorc build.

I'm working on a light sorc and I am going for pure damage. I think I may be able to do some PvP if I do my stats up right and get a CTA on switch. I wanted to know if my setup is ok and what I should focus on:

Skills:
1 Warmth
1 Static Field
1 Telekinesis
1 Teleport
1 Thunderstorm
20 Charged Bolt
20 Lightning
20 Chain Lightning
20 Lightning Mastery
1-20 Nova

Equipment:
Mara's
Shako
HotO
Upped Vipermagi
Spirit Monarch
Magefist
SoJ
Arach's
Manald Heal
Sandtrek
Anni/gheeds/sorc torch/light skillers/@res & lifer charms.

Merc Equipment:
Andy's Visage
Eth Fort
Eth Thresher Infinity

So a couple questions:
should I get a 35% FCR Spirit or would a 33% one do fine? (not sure about my breakpoints)
Are Treks my best option?
Should I go HotO or Echuta's? I've got a bid right now on a 3/19 light eshutas, how does that compare agianst the HotO?
Magefist for FCR, or Frostburn for huge mana? (since I won't be using insight)

Re: Double checking my light sorc build.

I use a similar setup and build to magic find.
You meet the 12 FPC breakpoint by a long shot, so dont worry about your spirit. You can actually switch out your Vmage for a Coh as long as you add 10 fcr to your set up. I would suggest taking out manald (not sure why its in their) and adding a 10fcr rare ring.
Eshuta's vs HotO, its all opinion, but eshutas wins for a damage sorc.
Magefist win over frostburn, they even have regen mana%

On a side note, consider investing in ES, 1 pt in it does wonders with +skills. I live by it. A mana potion can mean the difference between life and death when you get attacked by 10 souls on your way down to baal.

No Griffon's?

HotO vs Crescent Moon is arguable. If you can keep up with the FCR, swap to CM.

Manald is useless. Swap for SoJ or FCR ring (if needed).

ES is fail on a light sorc. Without TK synergy, all it will do will be burn out your mana and make you stuck there unable to tele. I never had problems with Gloams. Only the baddest will probably give me trouble (extra fast, extra strong, conviction, mana burn...), but in that case ES won't help either.

No griffon's yet, too rich for my blood atm. I didn't think I'd need a FCR ring considering all the FCR I have with other gear. I might switch to a CoH later when I get more HR's, but an upped vipermagi is dirt cheap and good enough for now. I might pick up another SoJ if I can find one. Not much else in the way of jewelry I'm afraid. Maybe do a 20+ Str ring to help out reaching the monarch req.

I don't know about the crescent moon though. I'm considering socketing light facets on head and body, and weap if I do the echuta's. Combine that with infinity and a possible griffon and most non immune monsters would already hit near the -100% cap.

The sorc FCR breakpoints are 63, 105, and 200. You're currently at 135-45 (depending how good your spirit is) so you can drop some FCR without a problem.

drop magefist and get frostburns, as the fcr on the magefist isn't helpling you any.

i disagree with the above opinion that level 1 ES is a bad idea with your build. i think with soj and frostburns its very much worth using even with no pts in telekinesis. also with +lightning skills, tele should be so cheap that you'll have no problem casting it just from natural regen even after a full mana burn. and you could do much to eliminate that problem by trading out sandstorm treks for aldor's boots. (which has 10% dmg taken to mana, and also 50 fire resist and 50 life to make it worthwhile to use)

You could also drop vmagi and pick up a lightning bolt ormus and still be at over 105 breakpoint. don't worry about getting a 35 spirit on your build. get one with high mana.

Don't forget the Lightning and CL's bps at 117 and 194.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High