Wednesday - sanding, sanding, and more ******* sanding ifr

sirpoopsalot

May 24, 2005
Wednesday - sanding, sanding, and more ******* sanding

Since the TheReadMenace is out, and no one else got around to it yet, here's the daily...

RL: The refurbished deck project progresses. I'll give you 3 guesses as to what's on the to-do list for Wednesday, but the first 2 guesses don't count. ;)

I'm pushing 30 hours for sanding in the last 5 days alone, my back muscles feel like they're knotted like the Gordian Knot, and I still have enough surface-area to go to make me want to throw my poor, abused, over-used belt-sander off a cliff to save us both the misery. On the plus side what I have managed to finish looks great (for a ~15 year old deck, that is), and after removing some boards Tuesday, there are 2 fewer hornets nests in the world. And I somehow didn't get stung in the whole process either.

D2: Occasional. I've been trying to pick away at 50 or 100 LK runs every day (for 2 days so far :D) so that's on the immediate agenda. Beyond that, who knows.

Re: Wednesday - sanding, sanding, and more ******* sanding

RL: Work, work, work...

D2: Nope...

OVG: DnD night! Get to go play my useless cleric some more and try to do something other than sit in a sticky mess the whole fight this time. ;) I'm a nerd...

RL: Calmed down quite a bit and decided I'd rather be free then sitting in the County Jail so I can...

D2: Continue to build my WW Barb. Things are progressing nicely but slowly so far. Finally got a drop from Blood Raven, Greyform. Useless to the Barb but the merc is happy with it for early armor.

@ sirpoops. Guess 1: Sanding.
2: Sanding.
3: Tear it down and have a bon fire.

RL: One more exam on Friday, and it'll be all over. I should be studying really, but Matriarch thread withdrawal hit hard just now. :D.

D2: Day 2 of PvP Week was nice, and I'm glad I got my fill over these last two days, since the next two and a half days will probably be too busy for D2. :(.

What exactly is sanding?

RL: Doing away with some paperwork. Also going to the bank for my new Visa card.

D2: Who knows. Might do a few LK runs, haven't done any for the last few days. Probably a few pitruns or something with my new poisonmancer. I re-geared him yesterday, so now he has level 40 poison nova :D

@Lord of Darkness: I'm glad you calmed down.

RL: The girlfriend is graduating today. I'm up early to do some uni work, as I had a letter from college that made me get my *** in gear. I have martial arts later, which I'm looking forward to.

Books: House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski, first time I've read in a while, but it's quite easy to pick up where I left it off.

D2: Nope. Never got round to it in the end. Doubt I will today either.

OVG: I doubt it.

Last edited:

Yeah, took awhile but I managed it. Loaned my PS2 to a so called buddy I knew for years. Turns out dude sold it for booze. Pretty sad actually.

@The Lord Of Darkness: That is messed up. I probably would have spontaneously combusted from something like that.

Yeah, it is. What's even more messed up is he knew he could of just asked me to loan him a few bucks and it would have been cool but whatever. Always someone out to screw someone over.

RL: Work work work :(

sirpoopsalot: Man, you should have used a Metabo (Metabo is the brand) paint remover, awesome to make a fast refurbish. Been using it a little bit for smaller things at home, but going on a bigger stair from the 1940's in a week or two. Completly beats any kind of sander for the job a bringing up a new surface/finish on wood (and I own and have tried pretty much all kinds of sanders out there, working as a carpenter).

D2: twinking mf chars as usual

Rl : Working. Getting all kind of paperwork done. Me and my GF live in switzerland, but we want to get married in Japan. Man this takes alot of paperwork.

D2 : Late night only ^^ Yesterday night, my fishymancer hit lvl 36 and beat nightmare andariel. It was not pretty. I think i ll level up a bit before i visit act 2.

Still trying to get the RRM to work on my german diablo. I would prefer to switch it to english, but i heared that this is rather tricky ^^

RL: Work in a bit. Don't know if I'll have anything else going on. If the weather is good, maybe I'll go running with my friend.

D2: Played up to Act 5 and level 30 with Ashmer last night using our new characters. Probably play some more today.

@sirpoops - I don't know why you have to sand so much, but have you considered getting a planer? A 3" planer goes for $70+ and makes very short work of the top layers of crud. You'll still have to sand a little, but if you start at 80% done. . . . Just a thought. Like I said, dunno what your project is and maybe this isn't a viable suggestion, but it sure sounds like it.

RL: Work and going to the chiropractor (SP?). My back has been mad at me for the past two weeks. I've had some trouble off and on for, probably, 10 years but it always just yells for a minute then quiets down. This time, it won't stop yelling. So, we'll see if I need it straightened. Never been to a Chiro before, but the wife has and says it'll help. *fingers crossed*

D2: Nope. Well, probably not. If I do, it'll be to ge GreenBob in the GwE to the Canyon of the Magi (or dead). When does 1.13 come out? I need an excuse to play more.

RL: nothing :D I'll start doing usefull stuff again tomorrow

D2: I'm going to try to get my IK-barb to be to the IK set :p probably mostly in mp games though, so I'll have to see how far he comes.

@SirPoops: Sanding is fun! [/sarcasm] Seriously, though, I can totally feel for you.

RL: hummm. . . I didn't sleep for a damn last night: tossing and turning, turning and tossing, tossing and turning all night. Ugh. So: got up, made coffee, checked email, now doing a quick forum hop and drinking coffee. Upcoming: some light stretching, a bike ride, a shower, more coffee, job hunt, 'work' for weird british dude (who recently increased the amount of work to perform, he best also increase the amount of pay, but who knows: the work is still ludicrously easy, and I think adding in the new step will actually save me time and effort, so. . .), maybe a beer run, job hunt, dinner, and . . .

D2: Probably questing Judith through the rest of A1, maybe, though I'm having loads of fun with nOObFAIL the ABSummoner. Either way: Good times.

RL: Bar Exam looms large but six days away. Studying constantly, but feeling distracted. The multiple choice questions are still kicking my butt, which is probably contributing. So trying to get over myself and stick it out and hope for the best.

Also RL: Just spent three years to get my law degree and I don't think I'm going to practice law (at least not right now). Which would be fine if I didn't owe a pile of money to those loan sharks a.k.a. student loan bureaus. But still, they can't throw you in jail if you can't pay (hooray 21st century). Trying to discover what I want to do; if not for the rest of my life, for the time being. Have some ideas, but it's scary out there, y'know?

D2: Probably level my frenzy barb a little bit on Pindle in NM. It was funny, I started him with the intention of using swords, but the more I looked at possible weapons I began to think about axes. Currently, he's level 68 and is dual wielding the Sureshrill Frost and a 'Black' tyrant club (two maces). I had put one point into axe/sword/mace mastery, so it's all good. Waiting till I find a big rune or end game quality weapon to commit; in the interim I'm maxing frenzy/double swing/battle orders. Maybe get him to 70 today.

OVG: while not exactly a video game, I might play some online poker later. Have had Silent Hill 3 sitting here for a while but haven't had the chance to get into it. After the exam, perhaps.

I don't know what kind of wood your deck is that you are sanding but that is generally a last ditch effort to salvage an old deck. Save your back and rent a floor sander. It is a really big belt sander you run like a vacuum. It will do hours of work in minutes, just be careful because they remove a lot of material in a short time.

If your deck is treated material, especially older material be sure to wear at least a nuisance dust mask, preferably a respirator. The sanding can possibly release so of the arsenic that was used in the treatment.

Bluechip: Multiple choice always sucks. You could always look around for a prosecution job someplace. The pay sucks compared to private practice but at least you aren't a defense attorney. :thumbup:

@bonesnap, I tried a Metabo first - it left behind a crappy enough surface that I probably would've had to do the project again next year if that were the only solution applied before painting (my neighbor's redoing his this summer after doing it last). That Colorado sun takes a toll on wood that anything but sanding can't really match, in my opinion. Bob's planer would've helped though.

RL: I've got a couple jobs lined up. I'm hoping all goes well with them. My daughter was accepted for Pre-K in the fall. It will be good to have a few hours a day without any kids running around screaming.

D2: This:

D2: Played up to Act 5 and level 30 with Ashmer last night using our new characters. Probably play some more today.

OVG: Been playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on the Wii. Graphics are much better then the PS2, but I like the controls for the PS2 better. Can't have everything I guess

D2/RL: I just got the Dethalbum! Awesome Frenzy Barb music. Took me to level 70.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High