Best javazon gear w/o price being an issue?

Re: Best javazon gear w/o price being an issue?

I have to admit, that setup is truly amazing. I think I'd quit the game forever if I ever achieved something like that. I take it you got all the statpoints exactly matching the gear, misplacing none of them?

Thanx mate :cloud9: Of course all stats points and skill points placed correctly to fit the gear. Actually I have made 2 different javazons, identical skills and statpoints placement except one of them has dodge/avoid/evade while the other doesnt. I just cant make up my mind whether I like those skills or not :girly:

Although for a superpowerful java like mine with max resists,max block, 20% damage reduction and huge life I think I prefer to take the hits from those small dartblowing guys rather than dodging the hits and having my lightning fury attacks interrupted.

Personally if cost were no object:

Eth Perfect Titans
Dusk Shroud CoH
Sanctuary Hyperion
2/20 Rare Gaunts with Str/Dex/Res
TGod's
Perfect Eth Treks
Andy's Mask with 15 IAS/30 Fire Resist Jewel
2 Zon Skills/Str/Dex/Res All Amulet
BK Ring
Rare Ring with Mana Leech/Mana Per Kill/Str/Dex

On Switch:
6/40 Javelins
JMoD 20/-20

Inventory full of the basics: Javelin Skillers with Life (1 with FHR for 52% Breakpoint), Perfect Torch, Perfect Anni, Vita/Resist SC's.

This would give you 55 IAS on your main switch which hits both the CS and LF breakpoints and 95 IAS on switch so Baal dies faster than you could imagine. This build also gives you enough stacked resistances that with a Treachery Prebuff (might not be needed, I didn't have many Resist/Vitas) you can tank in Ubers under Meph's conviction.

To sum up, with Conviction from your Mercenary you kill Hell Baal in less than 2 seconds. You can max blocking and hit the 52 FHR breakpoint with base stats if you bug correctly and you never need to use a potion. Once I got my Amazon to this point I actually ended up getting bored at how powerful she was, but I don't honestly think I'd trade the balance of Safety/Speed for anything. She was also built with minimal trading outside of my immediate group of friends. Cubed the Ber for my CoH myself and slowly accumulated the charms through massive cow running and a few trades on the forums here.

Of course, this character was built for Hardcore so your needs may be different.

Cheers
-Tai

Alright I read through this thread again...and I feel the need to write up some gear. This is for PVP

helm: Perfect griffons (idk y andys would be better)
weapon: 6/40 javelins
amulet: +2 zon 20 resist all and +40 extra light resist +30 str +20 dex +60 life
armor: 50resistance/45ias/7fhr/9str/9dex/30fire/30light armor with 24fhr (3 15/15 jewels and a 10resist all/7fhr/9str/9dex/30fire/30light jewel)
shield: stormshield/jmod (each has its own uses)
gloves: 2 javalin +15 dex +15 str +20 ias +30 fire resistance +30 light resistance
boots: 30frw 10fhr 40 fire 40 light 40 cold resistance +9 dex
belt: 24fhr +60life +30 str +30 fire, +30 light +30 cold resistance
Ring1: +40 light +40fire resistance +20str +15dex +40 life Half no freeze
Ring2: +40 light +40fire resistance +20str +15dex +40 life Half no freeze
(idk if the two halves make a whole, but one can dream)

hmm gear comes out to
99+ ias
65 fhr

charms
torch, anni, 9-45life gcs, 4 5fhr 5resistall scs, 6 3frw 5resist all scs

in stash
27 3frw 5resistall or 3frw 20 life scs(to swap for lifers against sorcs, amazons)

I think this would be the best money can buy all around dueler, but i think I didnt put in all the bugged gear.

Except that when you switch eth titans for a cta you lose the +20 strength from the titans and you wont have enough for spirit :wink:

This is totally true as is with the situation on my javazon.
Alright so I basically have a javazon with the same build as this and she has a great time in Chaos in Hell with 8 person. No issues anywhere in hell and it's great but instead of Eth upped Titan's I recommend just a High ED non-eth Titans. You'll find it a lot more useful as with pvm I burn through Javs a lot faster than I do when I decide to swap for a bit of dueling to Eth ones. Eth ones are ridiculously useless for PVM as the damage gain is minimal and most of your damage is probably coming from poison/lightning. That's my 2 cents as someone who is a diehard fan of my javazon. (Oh and in 8 person with her merc out using infinity she can pretty much 7-10 hit diablo)

Eth ones are ridiculously useless for PVM as the damage gain is minimal and most of your damage is probably coming from poison/lightning.

Base damage on eth weapons is +50% before modifiers. I'd say eth titan's are worth it. Then again there are people that go back and forth about the pros and cons of both eth and non-eth versions. :scratchchin:

My stance is, more physical damage = more leech = more LF.

Last edited:

Base damage on eth weapons is +50% before modifiers. I'd say eth titan's are worth it. Then again there are people that go back and forth about the pros and cons of both eth and non-eth versions. :scratchchin:

Got phoenix and you are set to go for most PVM situations. If you are talking ubers or anything, then chances are you are going to want the high end physical damage. We of course, as you said, can look at pros and cons.

But I found that my eth ones were pointless for pretty much anything pvm related. I keep a separate one and my non-eth go a much longer way. Sure for ubers the eth are nice but she still manages.

Perfect hatred, do you have a youtube vid of that javazon in action?

I have a very well-geared Javazon, thought I'd weigh in on some of the issues here:

- For armor, I tried on my Paladin's Enigma and found that without FCR it's just not worth it. I have on a Chains of Honor and I'm practically invincible.

- Razortail vs. Tgods, I go Razortail except when Burning Souls are in the WSK. Much higher damage throughput in most situations, and more life / mana leech.

- Eth Upped Titans are very well worth it. Even spamming LF after LF I never find myself low on ammo in any realistic situation. The increase in damage means increase in leech, and higher physical damage against the few Lightning Immunes I can't break.

- I use Stormshield because I like 75% block, and the Um in it brought me to max Hell resists. However, Phoenix is a very, very good shield as well. It comes down to preference as to where you want your survivability to come from.

EDIT: Zon is wearing CoH, not Fort. D'oh.

Last edited:

- For armor, I tried on my Paladin's Enigma and found that without FCR it's just not worth it. I have on a Chains of Honor and I'm practically invincible.

You dont use Enigma an a Java for fast teleporting around. With Enigma on your Java, you telerun.

You dont use Enigma an a Java for fast teleporting around. With Enigma on your Java, you telerun.

Obviously. But without FCR and with the Dodge / Evade / Avoid locking, it's hard to even get a cast off while under fire.

not to mention, that eth titans got lower req :whistling:

Id go with a tele setup - it is slow compared to others but with 68 or 99 fcr still better than running, and allows to ignore all the frw items some guys like to stack.
for 68 setup:
griffon
20fcr +ama +stats +resists amu
6/40 javs
enigma ap
spirit
3/20 gloves or 2/20 with stat+res
sojs/bks
razortail
trires/stat/fhr boots (nn frw because of eni)

for 99 setup replace either two rings or belt/gloves with fcr alternative.

Why is tele better? Less problems getting rolled back into being crowded with mobs, easier to navigate closed or crowded paths(doors, big herds, etc), faster runs. Kill speed is already best in game without dual 20/20s(baal in 4 secs in full game) so going for the no-tele alternative wont win more time than the ability to tele.

No titans because with 20 ias theyre slow and with 50 it means sacrificing fcr or lots of damage(no 5/5 in griffon, -2 skills from amu and ring, -2 from jav)

oops yes then a raven would be necessary if +1 skills boosts damage less than 5/5 facet(does it?)

oops yes then a raven would be necessary if +1 skills boosts damage less than 5/5 facet(does it?)

depends how many you got, infi merc / non infi, whats your crowd, how many -elr you got etc etc ;)

My pvm java on Europe non ladder has the best money can buy, crazy really:

eth Titans upped
20/-20 AP with 100 life
Griffon with 5/-5 in
Jmod 20/-20
Bugged belt: http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot1161ni2.jpg
2 Bk 5%
Bitter Spur boots: http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot1160dm9.jpg
3/20 gloves
2 ama 7 mana leech 19 strength 17 dext +8 all resist +30 poison resist amulet

9 java skillers 45 life
451 poison sc
7 20/5 sc
2 20/11 poison resist sc
perfect anni
perfect torch

switch: 6/6/4 cta with lidless wall

Merc:
eth andy
eth bugged fortitude in sacred armour (check the defense lol): http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot1162oy1.jpg
eth Ca infinity

Took me 2 years to collect all that and I doubt its possible to get a stronger javazon.

I dont understand how using bugged **** ISN'T cheating.

bugged gear, not ****. bugged **** would be gross.

Fort on a java zon? No coh is way better for java zon because you need +skills and not ed. You will also need -enemy light resist too. I dont know I would go with a 4 non eth t stroke instead of uped eth titans.

for uber , which zon is better java or bow ?

and what about equipment?

for bow [ faith is really hard to catch up]

for uber , which zon is better java or bow ?

They both stink. Paladins, barbarian, druids etc are all more powerful.

However, there are a number of successful attempts to do uber trist with a bowazon, check out the sticky with the guides for more information. The threads about uber trist bowazon should be in there.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High